{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig...

+9
Cratethis
big dogs 42
junkyardjeff
Striping Stew 54
magicman_1968
Mr. Fabulous
xycho_wraith
junkyard junky
RebStew
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig...

Post by RebStew April 10th 2009, 6:41 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Whats with the Vienna Sausage cans mounted to the rear bumper is that going to be a tool box for your pickel fork!! :king: :king:
those use to be magnet lights for a tow truck. They have been dropped and dragged so many times I had to rap tape around them to hold them together.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig...

Post by junkyard junky April 11th 2009, 3:01 am

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 18th 2009, 6:25 am

Took long enough but the flatbed is on. Anyone needing the truck is more than welcome to it now. After I get some stuff cought up I may start on a few dents she has.
Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 030-4

I was also able to keep the back bumper. I raise the bed up 2 more inches to do so but it was worth it. I hit a pole with it a few months ago and it didn't hardly put a dent in the bumper. I figured I smashed the bed up but nothing. The rear bumper is tough. Still on the lookout for a front push bumper. The front roof bar is now over the cab. We can make a back bar for it to haul 20' sticks of tubing or whatever.
Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 028-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis April 18th 2009, 6:30 am

It looks good Steve! Like it's a whole new truck.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 18th 2009, 6:32 am

now it just needs that push bumper, lowered a hair, flat black with hunter green flames, tinted windows and itll be just right... lol
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis April 18th 2009, 6:49 am

Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 028-5[/quote]

You can even see that your Diet Dr. P has a place to ride on the truck. Maybe we can mock up a cooler box to mount under the bed in front of the rear wheels! Then you can keep a whole stash of D. Dr. P.!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 18th 2009, 7:33 am

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 April 18th 2009, 7:43 am

Looks good Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 18th 2009, 7:50 am

magicman_1968 wrote:Looks good Very Happy
Not so pretty now. I had two scoops of dirt and two big rocks in it. It now has the scratches that a work truck should have. The one rock I had to load it with the Bobcat. We couldn't carry it. I backed over the sidewalk and into the yard. It took all Scott and I had to just drag it out and let it fall into place. Putting a pond in the front yard. Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 April 18th 2009, 7:54 am

RebStew wrote:
magicman_1968 wrote:Looks good Very Happy
Not so pretty now. I had two scoops of dirt and two big rocks in it. It now has the scratches that a work truck should have. The one rock I had to load it with the Bobcat. We couldn't carry it. I backed over the sidewalk and into the yard. It took all Scott and I had to just drag it out and let it fall into place. Putting a pond in the front yard. Laughing
Thats what the flatbeds are for Very Happy ...to work with....look at mine Very Happy no scratchs because the paint wore off 10 years ago lol!
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 18th 2009, 8:00 am

I painted the frame and bed semi gloss black. Today when I picked up that Desoto Grille from Steve Blade he ask if I wanted the box so I wouldn't scratch the bed. LOL.. I figured I better scratch it up a bit so the guys wouldn't be worried about scratching the paint. Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith June 8th 2009, 6:10 am

may i barrow this and jonathan or who ever can help me to go pick up a dog house later this week !!!!

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin June 8th 2009, 6:13 am

If dad is done with it. He's been using it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith June 8th 2009, 6:18 am

i deff dont wanna step on his toes

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith June 11th 2009, 9:23 am

any word ?

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 1:06 am

Well as most know the Old crew cab met it's fate by me. With gas milage of a 69 RV and bad tires it was getting old trying to keep it on the road. The truck had bounced off a curb before I got it and it had a bad rim so anything over 50MPH would give it a shake. Hydro boost wasn't working right and the 411 gears made it hard to go anywhere fast.

I tried to sell it and everyone kept low balling me. It ticked me off so I yanked the engine and trans out, Corey got the front seat, Joe ended up with the flatbed and Randy Turner ended up with the frame for a project he's working on. 49 International rollback. So the old truck went to good use. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 1:09 am

I looked around for a truck but never came up with anything. I then thought that if I needed a truck I'd borrow or rent one. Yeah right. In less than a year I found myself not being able to tow any cars, I needed to haul gravel to the property and more. Then a few weeks ago my fridge and washer went out. I had no way to haul them when I bought them. The kids are wanting bunk beds and again no way to haul anything. I bit the bullet and found this one.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 1:13 am

As a kid I always watched Popeye. For some reason this truck remind me of Brutus. So here's Brutus. cheers
Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 032
Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 027-1
Scrounger's Parts Chaser & Tow Rig... - Page 2 025-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 1:20 am

It has all but one option I was looking for. The one it doesn't have is the fold down rear seat that made a bed. It has a 454 FI with 700R. It can roll down the road at 85+MPH without taching the engine in the red. Tilt, power everything. The AC is all free but the belt is off. I'm not sure if it works but if not I will fix it. Gotta have AC.

The bad part is that there isn't one body part that doesn't need work. It's a rough old truck on the outside. Inside she's not so bad.
Hood, both front doors, tailgate, back bumper, right fender all will need to be replaced. No fixing them. One of the back doors and the left fender is an easy fix and the rest will take some time. It's not going to be anything fancy. I may not even keep it. But so far I like it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 4th 2011, 1:24 am

Everything ok with the kids? I see that at least one must be in the Shriners Hospital!! lol!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 1:33 am

I normally pull all the decals off what I buy. I didn't mess with those because the bumper will be coming off. You can't tell from the picture but the bumper is bent in and twisted on both sides.
I don't mind the Shriners decal anyway. That is one place if I was rich I'd leave a slew of money to. They do great work.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 4th 2011, 2:42 am

Nothing against them at all... I knew your kids were fine...just struck me funny. Sorry, long day. Still at work right now.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 4th 2011, 4:03 am

i love this big trucks like this bagged, sitten on the frame. Smile just my preference......
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 4th 2011, 4:04 am

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 4th 2011, 5:01 am

Cratethis wrote:Nothing against them at all... I knew your kids were fine...just struck me funny. Sorry, long day. Still at work right now.
Laughing Take it easy. lol I wasn't freaking. I knew you was just joking around. I was just making a point about how good of work they do. Great group.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next