{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

club drag car?? 64 Falcon?

4 posters

Go down

club drag car?? 64 Falcon? Empty club drag car?? 64 Falcon?

Post by RebStew November 8th 2007, 1:47 am

Okay here the deal. as of now it looks like this is going to be our new drag car. it is not set in stone until we give the guy some cash. that is going to happen at 3 p.m. tomorrow. if anyone thinks we should not get this car speak now! this car is funny in some ways. almost everything that needs fixed on the car we was going to redo anyway. I'll start with the bad. it needs floors. they can be patch with some sheet. the rear inner wheelwells have been cut out. he was going to mini tub it. guess what so are we.the windshield is gone and the back glass is loose. all I can say is Lexan is our friend. the car is gutted and most everything on the inside is gone. guess that saves us some time on stripping it.the steering is unhooked and broke. we are putting a straight axel under it thanks to a donation from Ryan. (Gasser Baby). the trunk is solid other than a spot 1" by 2" other than that it is perfect. the shock tower are PERFECT. it does have a few spot under the battery try. easy fix. the front and rear frame rails are super nice. shackle area is super nice inner and outer rockers are super nice. the bumpers are junk but other than a little bit of mud in a few small places the body is good. it wouldn't take much at all to do the body work.
like I said it's not a done deal yet but unless something crazy comes up this may be our car.
club drag car?? 64 Falcon? 0101090103080104092007110556da02149
club drag car?? 64 Falcon? 0101000102100104002007110566eead7dd
club drag car?? 64 Falcon? 01010101020901040820071105a55eb668d
club drag car?? 64 Falcon? 010110011606010307200711055accd34ef
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

club drag car?? 64 Falcon? Empty Parts to look for

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 3:10 pm

Need a five lug rear(Mustang (fox body), 4x4 ranger), SBC or SBF, I have a Tranny not sure if its good gotta go get it, it may be a B.O.P. it is a Turbo 350. I have a Early Mopar front end Straight Tube Axle Complete drum to drum real narrow should fit fine. Also a lite green Metal flake Superior 500 Steering wheel, and a set of Ansen 15x6 Front runner Slot MAgs....Need a set of skinny tires for wheels need a set of gauges (temp, oil pressure, and such) lexan sheets, or falcon windshield, seat Fiberglass bucket or old Ecocno-Line A-100 seat only one ......Sorry passengers. 2x4 (or 3) 120 wall square tubing and Sheet metal for floors, and assorted wet goods, oil,trans fluid, antifreeze, lots of things I'm missing I'm sure and the more I dig thru my garage the more I will find stuff to donate.... But as always only give what you can and labor will be a major part in this project and I guess we need to get the car first.....lol But I really this turns into a cool project for everyone involved, if anybody has any Ideas thoughts pro's-con's lets air them now before one wrench is turned
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

club drag car?? 64 Falcon? Empty Re: club drag car?? 64 Falcon?

Post by JRiggs November 8th 2007, 3:19 pm

i dont have much to give but time like ive said before. but i have 2 motors that are donated a small block chevy that came outta a 80's caprice, needs built from bottom up, probably be cheaper to find a running one, but mine is there if needed, i also have a early 60's ford v8 that Riggs Repair Center donated to us. it also needs built but there is a tranny there also. not sure what it is. thats about all i can offer.

man if grandpa was alive. we would have everything. come to find out that double d's dad and my grandpa did business alot together, all double d kept saying was what a good man he was. if i could just bring him back that would be awesome.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 9:40 pm

Yhea theres alot of good men I wish were back in my life....Thats just one of the sad parts about life is we can not keep the ones we love for ever so remember to enjoy the ones you have for now no matter how big a pain in the ass they can be....As far as donations for the car Jonathon your the one who found it thats a big plus...Time/Labor will be a big help this is gonna be a big learning project for a lot of us....Hell we need someone who can research Falcon Gasser on the chassis building side of this monster, how to mount the front-end measurements fore/aft engine setback, ladder bar design's sub-frame connecters design there is lots to do.....That list i posted was just a list of things to keep an eye open for, trust me my bank account is a big O I have not worked since end of June and I am getting to the end of my 4th Nest egg whixh was not very big to begin with, plus i still have about 3 months before I can find out if I can go back to work full time at all....My surgery may not have even taken will not know till 6 months after the surgery date which was Aug 10th this year. So if thats the case the 54 will be for sale with the quickness......Along with other stuff..So as far as donations and such maybe try and do some research or just keep your eyes peeled around town for sheet metal tubing anything that we can use to fab stuff up with, hell I grab a big bucket of gussets from my buddys garage yesterday, why cause who knows I'm a pack rat, you've seen my garage........LOL I'm pumped...ready to get a plan together on this thing...Anybody have Ideas?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 8th 2007, 10:07 pm

we have paid for our drag car. it is ours!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 8th 2007, 10:14 pm

As far as tubing and metal there a place by my house that sell it pretty cheap I'll have to check it out and get back to you guys.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 10:15 pm

Steve Thanks so much go to the chat if you have a second..,.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 10:18 pm

6-71 Kid I usually ask those places if I can dig thru there scrap,,,,, I have a macj=hine shop up the street that hooks me up very well......a 12 pack of beer goes a long way to to guys like that......
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 11:24 pm

LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

club drag car?? 64 Falcon? Empty another....

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2007, 11:47 pm

LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 9th 2007, 1:36 am

Well this place mainly sell nothing but scrap metal. I bought a 9 foot section 11/4" od 1/8 wall pipe for I think 20$
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 1:46 am

LRS30 wrote:Steve Thanks so much go to the chat if you have a second..,.
sorry Ryan I logged off before I seen this post
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down