{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Back Under the Knife

+6
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
RebStew
RustyKarr
6-71Kid
LRS30
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Going Back Under the Knife Empty Going Back Under the Knife

Post by LRS30 February 11th 2009, 3:55 am

No not talking about a back alley knife fight, I'm talking about surgery. I'm having my shoulder fixed from where I tore tendon's in it after recovery from my previous back surgery, so on with the question.. If you had to chose on a toy to sell whould you sell one that runs and looks ok from 50' (thanks Riggs, I thought 20' but maybe it is 50')the whole family enjoys, and you don't owe on it. Would you sell the one that only you and your wife enjoy, and you don't owe anything on, or would you sell your project that you have been collecting parts for over the past 4 years, and really want to finish but you know that its gonna cost you more money in the end.. They all in reality should be sold, but hey its just surgery, not like I'm dying right....I'm kicking all aspects of this around in hopes I can come up with a reason why I should keep them all, but having a hard time telling myself that I really need any of them..Maybe i should have a fire sale and sell them all, recover and start fresh, which usually seems to be the path I take when surgery hits.. Oh and for all you guys keeping score at home its number 6 for me, the Doctor asked me today what I did in my youth to tear my body up this way, I just smiled and said had FUN!....All input is accepted as opinions, and I will not hold any of them against you unless someone says sell them and buy a FORD...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Going Back Under the Knife Empty Re: Going Back Under the Knife

Post by 6-71Kid February 11th 2009, 4:00 am

I don't know. I've had the same problem myself. If I remeber right none of them are your DD so I would say keep the one that you like the most and get rid of the other two.

And I also know personaly that its very easy to know what you should do and what you actually want to do.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr February 11th 2009, 4:10 am

Sell them and buy a FORD! Very Happy

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 11th 2009, 5:18 am

You already knoiw the answer bro. No matter how ticked off it may make you. We got to do what we have to do.. pale
There will always be other projects. We are still (kind of young) Smile
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr February 11th 2009, 5:19 am

RebStew wrote:We are still (kind of young) Smile
Speak for yourself, I'm older then dirt. Very Happy

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 11th 2009, 5:33 am

RustyKarr wrote:
RebStew wrote:We are still (kind of young) Smile
Speak for yourself, I'm older then dirt. Very Happy
I hear ya. Just think, I can remeber the 70's
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 February 11th 2009, 5:39 am

Whats your problem the seventy's hell i remenber the 50's i guess im older than dirt !!! Mad
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr February 11th 2009, 5:41 am

I remember the late 80's.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 11th 2009, 12:55 pm

i loved the 80s good times..
first id like to wish u luck
second id sell the car that reminds u of guns n roses lol just playing
after surgery Ur going to need your project the fnt and that 52 ? is sweet so id say the one you and your wife love
if you gotta sell....

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 11th 2009, 1:44 pm

No Cole, none of them are my daily they all are just garage dependants,I'm kinda leaning towards the bike, I really don't see me riding a whole lot this year after surgery.I will miss going to Riverbend on it, and seeing the overly intoxicated females with low self essteem in they're "BUCK CHERRY" CRAZY BITCH T-shirts, showing what the good lord, and thy're momma gave them, but the thing that Sucks is I just put new bars, wired it and new cables,to make it easier to ride because of my shoulder and have not even got to ride it..Just my luck I suppose. I know for a fact that I will not get my money out of the T being nothing but a pile of parts,and a body made outa BAss Boat Material, and not even a roller yet (I'm a set of front spring u-bolts away from that and a little welding. All in all about 1 1/2 hours worth of work). And the the 54, well I know I could atleast get out of it what I have in it, or atleast I hope I could, since the economy sucks so bad due to the bumbling donkey that was in office for the past 2 sessions, maybe the new guy can fix it, he says he can Rolling Eyes it maybe tough to dump anything..I have a few weeks to decide and try and get some things ironed out. So keep you eye's peeled you may just see somthing you cannot live with out with a for sale sign and my address on it.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 11th 2009, 2:51 pm

I will miss going to River Bend on it, and seeing the overly intoxicated females with low self esteem in they're "BUCK CHERRY" CRAZY BITCH T-shirts, showing what the good lord, and they're momma gave them

crue fest ?
me and my gf went what a god blasted perfect show

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 11th 2009, 6:42 pm

Good luck on your surgury, I hope all goes well. Let me know if you see Elvis while your out. After one of my heart surguries I told the nurse that when I was waking up in the recovery room. I just about got slapped awake. Now they may be too young to know who you're talking about.

So for what I think of your projects, I'd keep the old Chevy. The whole family will fit and if push come to shove (no pun intended) you can use it for daily transportation and cut the dailies down by one. Does seem a shame to use a car everyday like it was designed to be used. Besides, you got that from a friend of mine so it has history (that seems to be the important thing now a daze). I'd have trouble with the bike. All I ever did on one of those was get hurt.

So, whatever……….I just hope you have a good fix but don't collect a bunch more screws like you did before.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 12th 2009, 1:27 am

xycho_wraith wrote:I will miss going to River Bend on it, and seeing the overly intoxicated females with low self esteem in they're "BUCK CHERRY" CRAZY BITCH T-shirts, showing what the good lord, and they're momma gave them

crue fest ?
me and my gf went what a god blasted perfect show
it all work out..

Yhea what a bunch of train wrecks walking around.. My buddy could'nt find anybody to use his extra 65 dollar ticket. So being the nice guy I am said I would go if he did'nt tell anybody that know's me I went, I have a rep to keep up..And being th niceguy that I am told him that he would have to not charge me for the ticket, and buy the first and last round..See I'm a nice guy are'nt I.. Things may work out in my favor here.. I am gonna try to juggle some things and make it work out. Yhea Doug thyat was my plan with the new toy i bought, and still maybe the plan..I just have to make sure that the kids are fed and the mortgage is paid before i spend a dime on anyting first, as always...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 15th 2009, 1:07 am

I think if anything goes it will be the FJ-40 first (since its bought and paid in full and is intended for a flip), The bike second, I hate selling it being kinda rare and it runs so damn good for an old EVO. Then part out the T or sell it as a whole and take a beating.. But I am gonna try to keep them all and be stingy, for now.. I have people trying to buy the 54 but just can't make myself pull the trigger on it.. I would have to find something i really wanted before i would dump it..No looking forward to this one, I remember how bad my elbow hurt afterwards and this is the same deal only on my shoulder..The cool thing is they give me this little cooler thingy to keep ice in and has tubes to flow chilled water over my shoulder to help with the swelling. So I might just be able to fit a sixer of some cheap brew in there to wash down the pain meds with..Always thinking.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 3rd 2009, 5:29 pm

Ok all went well, was in suergery for an hour, no sightings of Elvis though..I had them do a pain block yesterday so the pain would'nt be as bad yasterday, but today is a real bitch.To do the pain block thay had to stick a neddle into my neck which was scary shit they warned me several times not to move or it could get serious real quick, but once it was finished,it was down hill from there but the pain is well a real pain...Already going crazy sitting here ....Oh well atleast the pain meds work a little.....YIPPY that and I upgraded my cable to get speed cahnnel which I was againts but finnaly caved once I saw what extra channels I go for the $10 upgrade, so it looks like I'm gonna do a bunch of boob-tubeing...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 3rd 2009, 5:34 pm

Glad all went well. If you need any help with anything other than cleaning your windows let me know...
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 3rd 2009, 5:37 pm

glad Ur OK man

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 3rd 2009, 5:39 pm

Thanks so far so good, the bad thing about have surgeries for me is I start thinking about all my garage dwellers and start thinking about selling everything and buying just one car instead of having 3 ok well 2 1/2. Then I remind myself that If I sould all my junk I still would'nt have enough cash to start what I really want and would be with out a ride till the new one would be done.Maybe its all the pain meds that fog my brain into thinking about selling of all my stuff...Oh well a boy can dream........But as far as the surgery it went smooth.... Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 3rd 2009, 8:00 pm

I'M GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL. YOU MUST BE ON DRUGS, YOUR WRITING OR TYPING OR SPELLING JUST ISN'T QUITE UP TO PAR. NOW YOU KNOW WHY THE DOPERS HAD SUCH A HARD TIME IN SCHOOL. THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE DOING GREAT!!! No

Last edited by Mr. Fabulous on March 4th 2009, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 March 4th 2009, 2:37 am

Glad your okay and you got good drugs youll be out and about before you know it . Very Happy
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 4th 2009, 1:27 pm

I know what you mean Mr. Ice I just finished reading that post...lol The scary thing is I barely remember writing that...DRUGS ARE BAD UHMKAY. Embarassed
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 4th 2009, 1:53 pm

LRS30 wrote:I know what you mean Mr. Ice I just finished reading that post...lol The scary thing is I barely remember writing that...DRUGS ARE BAD UHMKAY. Embarassed

Drugs, drugs are goood! cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 5th 2009, 2:35 am

Glad to hear the surgery went well!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 6th 2009, 1:58 pm

So far so good, still running a mild fever, hurts like hell at moments. I will just be glad to get rid of the stupid sling and the ice pump ( glorified cooler with a small pump in it that circulates ice cold water around my upper arm and shoulder), everytime I have to get up I have to disconnect the water lines, which is a pain in the arse with one hand....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 March 7th 2009, 1:15 am

So now you know what a one armed paper hanger feels like. 😢

Glad your on the mend. cheers
FalconEddie1964