{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road!

3 posters

Go down

YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road! Empty YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road!

Post by LRS30 June 2nd 2011, 12:53 am

Well the trans is going to be done FRIDAY, insatlled SAT! I am picking up a new highway gear for the rear from my buddy RICHCRAFT MIKE thursday night also hope to install SAT. and put some miles on this ol' ford before heading to BOWLING GREEN for the HRR.. YES THE HRR is just around the corner.. And yes I will be there... This is the best HOT ROD oriented trip of the year.. If you have never been YOU NEED TO GO! If all goes well The ole' 64 will be pushing off a CACKLEFEST CAR (yet to be determined, we have several offers as it stands..) I will for sure take some pics of this!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road! Empty Re: YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road!

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 2nd 2011, 3:04 am

Man, you make it hard on a couple of us up here that really want to go but it's just not in the cards this year. Have a friend up north that's pushed cars off down there and out at the California Reunion. He's had an absolute blast doing it. Hopefully I can get some financial ducks in a row to go next year. There's some fellas from Hamilton that we camped with the last time we went that are planning on going again next year. I did manage to do some tax work for a couple of passes to the Speedway last Sunday. Sat high in the first turn and loved every minute of it. Madonna had never been over there for the 500 and see all the people. It was quite an experience for her. Pay attantion to the Super Stockers for me. Last year Wescot let'm have it with the War Fish Hemi car. The thing'll run mid 8's on a good track.

Have fun, take lots of pics and video, and stay away from the oat sodas. You going to the Rumble this year??
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road! Empty Re: YE' OLE' 64 Soon to be back on the road!

Post by LRS30 June 2nd 2011, 8:41 pm

When is the rumble? The WAR FISH is a killer fast ride indeed. Now what kind guy would I be if I stayed away from the oat soda's the need me!.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 2nd 2011, 8:53 pm

The Rumble is June 24 thru 26 I do believe. I'm hoping to go for Saturday only. That's probably going to be our only deal for the month of June. Want to try to do the Goodguys in July and that should be it for the summer. It's sota bleak but got somebody who wants to take a course that ends up studying in Scotland. That was a complete financial surprise. But gee Dad............
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 2nd 2011, 10:53 pm

I hear ya Doug, I bet with in the last year I spent well over 5g's on my daughter alone with volleyball club fee's travel for tournaments, New Flute for select band, and travel expenses for her trip to D.C. to play in her band there. Thats not counting the cash I spent to get my boy started in racing dirt oval go-karts. Hell we have not even hit the dirt yet and I got almost 2 g's in it! Oh well all my junk can wait aslong as my kids get the education they need and the proper tools to do it with!.... Yhea we might ride up for the Rumble for saturday..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 9th 2011, 5:58 am

Just finished putting the new gear in from Mike, that plus the new re-built tranny thanks to Will Kimble the 64 is a killer highway cruiser now.. It was a long day working in the sun, shopping and packing for the fishing trip then working on the 64 till damn near mid-night, dam I love a busy day, makes me feel like I actually got something done..... Off to Bowling Green come Wednesday after work! SLOW AND LOW THAT IS THE TEMPO! See ya there!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 20th 2011, 2:56 am

well I rolled solo this year and had a blast! I pushed off HUNT FAMILY FARM AA/FD on Friday it rained linke crazy Sat so cacklefest was just a static start no push trucks needed... Had a hell of a time with the BSM crew as usual. Met some real cool newq friends.. Attendance was light, real light SAT after the MONsoon... I hop[e to have some pics soon..... RYAN
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 20th 2011, 2:54 pm

Hey........

Was Charlie Wescott and his Dad there with the War Fish Hemi Cudas down running in Nostalgia Super Stock? They have a stick and an automatic car. Both can run way down into the 8's and a fun to watch. Glad ya had a good time even with the weather. Hope to see a few photos.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 20th 2011, 10:05 pm

No WAR FISH cars where there, well not that I saw.. I hear that there is a BIG NOPAR Show scheduled for July 31.. Maybe they will show then.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by John B June 20th 2011, 11:11 pm

Unless there was another red Ford of that vintage being used as a push truck I seen you on the live feed that Bangshift.com did
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 21st 2011, 3:30 am

No I was the only one... we did a test push on friday, everything went well, the dragster fired right off without a hitch... And what a cool thing it was to be chosen.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down