{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy

+22
Cratethis
Rebel girl
Admin
FalconEddie1964
puddin head
JRiggs
xycho_wraith
silveradolady
John B
big dogs 42
fuel10922
Lady rebel
40standard
RustyKarr
vettespd00
LRS30
6-71Kid
RebStew
RsvBill
herb73
junkyardjeff
Striping Stew 54
26 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Empty Re: Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy

Post by RebStew August 24th 2008, 7:23 am

silveradolady wrote:Embarassed Yeah, sorry. I think I spoke out of turn. I tried to go in and delete it, but didn't know how. I thought I had, but when I checked back, it was still there. Sorry Corey, I know you are doing what you can.
It's no big deal. He has been slacking. He sat in front of the tv all day while Johnny Stamper, John Schmidt and I worked on buffing the cab. Get with it boy! Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head August 25th 2008, 2:41 am

Saw Cory at the show and razed him a little. Got some 50/50 from him and told him he needed to get back to sanding on the truck. Saw it getting lettered and stripped. Looks really cool. Even asked if he would like to help with the sanding on mine once I paint it. Kind of rolled his eyes. It is a pain in the butt and I understand. Great young man and someone to be proud of. I'm going to keep watching to see how it goes. Hang in there,
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by herb73 August 25th 2008, 4:02 am

I also saw the truck at the show and it looks great.. Keep up the good work. It is going to be a great parts chaser and the striping looked great also

herb73
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 25th 2008, 5:38 am

Corey's truck lettering turned out awsome thanks to Brandon. It turned out better than I thought it would for sure. Brandon does really good work.. Corey is a great kid and I'm very proud of him. He worked pretty hard today at the show too. We may take a week or so vacation from the truck to get over our 23 day build just to get it lettered at the show. We worked on it the night before the show till midnight trying to color sand the doors. Brandon laid the licks down on tacky doors todays from where the paint was still wet. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Empty Corey's Stepside Chevy

Post by John B August 25th 2008, 5:12 pm

And the finished product looked great! I have several pictures I am going to post on our forum showing several steps of the lettering. Sorry to say, it will be a few days. My eyes feel like two pee holes in a snow bank this morning. But thanks to Steve, he helped with the pink cowbow hat. As you will see in our post, the hat made the rounds. It may have looked pretty silly on me, but at least it kept the sun off my face and more importantly, the camera.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 25th 2008, 5:20 pm

John B wrote:And the finished product looked great! I have several pictures I am going to post on our forum showing several steps of the lettering. Sorry to say, it will be a few days. My eyes feel like two pee holes in a snow bank this morning. But thanks to Steve, he helped with the pink cowbow hat. As you will see in our post, the hat made the rounds. It may have looked pretty silly on me, but at least it kept the sun off my face and more importantly, the camera.
Just for the record that's Johns mom sign in under johns name. I'd have to say that John would look okay in the pink cowby hat though. lol Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B August 25th 2008, 10:36 pm

RebStew wrote:Just for the record that's Johns mom sign in under johns name. I'd have to say that John would look okay in the pink cowby hat though. lol Very Happy

And to prove you right.

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Jpg0202

But to admit the truth Heath looked better then me
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Jpg0205

But since this is Corey's build thread, I figured that it's only right to say that Corey looked better then all of us.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 S6304405
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 25th 2008, 11:31 pm

Laughing Oh man, I just about lost it. That's funny. I think Heath looks better in it than you or Corey. lol
those pics just made my day
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 26th 2008, 3:19 am

Those pics where to die for. No dought they are all 3 the best. Thanks for the great laugh!! Laughing
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 26th 2008, 6:38 am

We had one day before the show to get the doors buffed out so we could get it lettered. Bad thing is the paint was still wet. We messed with it and it was just to wet to do anything. Johnny Stamper spent most of the day color sanding on the parts that were dry roof and back. I helped out a little.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3034
Johnny tried everything he could to get the doors to dry. We even borrowed a heat lamp from a painter to aid in drying time. I thought the paint was going to run down the doors it was so hot. We let it cool down to see if it was sandable. No such luck. Next came the water treatment. Cold water was hosed on it every 15 minutes for hours. We got it somewhat dry enough to get away with 1500 grit paper without the paint balling up. Look at the red paint from sanding on Johnny's shirt Very Happy He worked hard on her that day.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3036
We did as much sanding as the paint would let us and we were out of time. We still had to get up at 6 to get started on the Newport Car Show. John Schmidt whipped out the buffer and went to work.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3035
John was able to get a gloss out of the doors and did a little extra were we had been sanding on the cab just so it wouldn't be dull for the show.
The lady that made our banners for the club also whipped up a cool decal for Corey's windshield.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3041
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 26th 2008, 6:56 am

John did a great job getting a gloss out of wet paint. We called it a night and got some sleep for the show. We got set up and stuck Corey's truck in with our cars. He had a sign made up for the front and a scrap book on the core support for poeple to look at.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Coreyssign

The truck was only sitting for a few hours but ever time I went by someone was checking out the scap book. Hopefully maybe some dad or kid will pick up on what we are in the middle of and start a father and son project like we did. It's a great bonding between father and son when you spray primer in your face or have to catch 15 minutes of sleep on cardboard on the garage floor because you are pulling all nighters. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 26th 2008, 6:59 am

Brandon showed up and I ask if he wanted to work or take a walk first. He said he was ready to work so Johnny went and grabbed the truck for us and pulled it in. I told Brandon about trying to get the door done for the show so he could get it lettered. He pushed his fingers into the door and grinned and said it's still tacky. :!: without skipping a beat he worked around the tacky paint to make a slick door sign.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3043
Ryan and his son hung out and watch as Brandon started laying it out.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3042
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 DSCF3044
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 26th 2008, 7:07 am

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Coreysdoor1-1
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Coreysdoor3
Brandon did a killer job on the doors and I can't be happier with the turnout.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 3 Empty Corey's stepside

Post by silveradolady August 26th 2008, 10:52 pm

Question Steve, Just out of curiosity, did you take those pictures, or did you borrow them from someone? Wink (A couple maybe)?

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 26th 2008, 11:22 pm

silveradolady wrote:Question Steve, Just out of curiosity, did you take those pictures, or did you borrow them from someone? Wink (A couple maybe)?
yours were much nicer than ones I took. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by silveradolady August 28th 2008, 1:42 am

RebStew wrote:
silveradolady wrote:Question Steve, Just out of curiosity, did you take those pictures, or did you borrow them from someone? Wink (A couple maybe)?
yours were much nicer than ones I took. Very Happy

Very Happy Well, thank you kind sir. Any time. Of course, you got a few that I didn't.

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Striping Stew 54 August 28th 2008, 4:17 am

Today dad got the front wheels to my truck painted and now Im just waiting for some tires for them Shocked
Striping Stew 54
Striping Stew 54
Scrounger

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard August 29th 2008, 1:54 am

that's some good looking lettering. what's a ballpark figure for getting something like that done?

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 29th 2008, 3:57 pm

40standard wrote:that's some good looking lettering. what's a ballpark figure for getting something like that done?
under two bills
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard August 30th 2008, 2:45 am

sweet, is this the same guy on the Hamb?

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 30th 2008, 12:59 pm

Yea he's a HAMB'er
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd00 August 31st 2008, 9:19 pm

wow guys the build looks great!!! It shows what a lot of hard work and time can produce. I cant wait to stop down and see it in person!!
vettespd00
vettespd00
Car washer

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 23rd 2008, 4:22 pm

The truck has been on hold for a while for a few reasons. As some of you know I'm having trouble with the paint. It doesn't want to dry right. This is the same paint I have always used, the only thing different is the fisheye remover I used. I've never used it before. I can't see how a few drops of it would let the paint do what it's doing but it is. It took so long for the paint to dry that it is leaving a ripple over the topcoat. A few said to clearcoat it and be done with it but in my eyes if the paint is not curing on the bottom and it dries on top, as the clear would then it will mess up the finish when the bottom dries. That's how you get orange peel. Even dry when you try to buff it the buffer gets it hot and it mars the paint(not a burn through) I've seen this look on paint jobs before but never knew what it was from but unlike orange peel with round raised spots this is a seperation of the color with wrinkles.
Coreys football games also slowed us down. We will start sanding on the truck to get to the primer and strip this $$$$ red paint back off and reshoot it hopefully before the weather turns too cold.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by silveradolady September 23rd 2008, 5:27 pm

RebStew wrote:The truck has been on hold for a while for a few reasons. As some of you know I'm having trouble with the paint. It doesn't want to dry right. This is the same paint I have always used, the only thing different is the fisheye remover I used. I've never used it before. I can't see how a few drops of it would let the paint do what it's doing but it is. It took so long for the paint to dry that it is leaving a ripple over the topcoat. A few said to clearcoat it and be done with it but in my eyes if the paint is not curing on the bottom and it dries on top, as the clear would then it will mess up the finish when the bottom dries. That's how you get orange peel. Even dry when you try to buff it the buffer gets it hot and it mars the paint(not a burn through) I've seen this look on paint jobs before but never knew what it was from but unlike orange peel with round raised spots this is a seperation of the color with wrinkles.
Coreys football games also slowed us down. We will start sanding on the truck to get to the primer and strip this $$$$ red paint back off and reshoot it hopefully before the weather turns too cold.

Sad Sorry to hear about the paint. That really sucks! The time that has already gone into it, and now you will have to do it all over. Hope you can get it before cold weather. I presume you aren't going to go with the same paint? That also means that you are going to lose the beautiful sign huh?

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid September 23rd 2008, 9:59 pm

Fish eye remover does some weird things to paint. I know at my old job we tried to use it as little as possible because it made it a royal pain in the butt to use. 🐘 Hope fully the second time will be better.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next