{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone alive out there?

+9
dieseldr
oldman
junkyard junky
Chris55
911TAZZ
Blue Eyed Devil
FalconEddie1964
Zandoz
Reb Stew
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone alive out there? Empty Anyone alive out there?

Post by Reb Stew December 21st 2015, 7:20 am

Such a shame that a forum that was so active is dead. I guess FB really did do the forum in. I miss it here with everything that went on. Went from getting 20 + new threads a day with many post in each thread to getting a post every week if that.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Anyone alive out there? Empty Re: Anyone alive out there?

Post by Zandoz December 21st 2015, 7:40 pm

Well, I'm out here...alive is a matter of debate...lol.

I sure hope this place does not disappear in favor of FB.  I loath the thought of having to get a FB account.  I really don't want to have anything to do with that cyber equivalent of a 7th grade lunch room.

Unfortunately I do not have anything to report.  Health, economic, and weather issues have conspired to limit my activities to playing with "What if" ideas on the CAD system...and lately I've not even felt up to that a lot of the time.  I've resisted the temptation to discuss some of the ideas here until I'm actually doing, and not just pondering.

Any way, have happy holidays folks!
Zandoz
Zandoz
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 December 22nd 2015, 2:36 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Such a shame that a forum that was so active is dead. I guess FB really did do the forum in. I miss it here with everything that went on. Went from getting 20 + new threads a day with many post in each thread to getting a post every week if that.

Some of that interaction on here was rather heated and sometimes down right mean. I've always been able to get on here @ work and would check every morning, even after being on here late @ nite at home. I've had a lot of fun on here over the years but I usually didn't take it as serious as a lot of others did. I can remember reading crap on here after midnight and laffing my tail off. There were fake identities that would surface from time to time to add to the color of the posts. I think all of that is pretty well behind us now as most of the original cast of characters have about all moved on. Originally this was made up of people that knew each other as friends (or enemies) and that intimacy is what's lost on the sister page on FB. It seems strange but on Facebook I feel more at home on other pages where I've never met any of the members. It was always a kick to post photos of all our adventures as a group or when flying solo.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil December 22nd 2015, 3:25 pm

Still check in here a couple times a day with optimism. Sometimes it is rewarded, sometimes not. I will NEVER join Facebook. It's a shame that people rely on that mess to communicate...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ December 22nd 2015, 8:38 pm

I'm still around! I hate fakebook. I rarely get on it any more unless I need to reach someone who is not too accessible otherwise. I miss the activity that the forum used to have also. I'm hoping its because everyone is out in the garage turning wrenches getting their rides ready for this coming cruising season........
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ December 22nd 2015, 8:44 pm

just incase I don't get around to checking in in the next couple of days I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!! And Happy holidays to our friends that might celebrate another holiday. Safe travels my friends!
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 December 23rd 2015, 4:19 am

I still check in a coupe times a day.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky December 25th 2015, 4:55 am

I can't get nothing accomplished on my cars. Parts that I've been ordered won't fit or work. Been waiting on the transmission guy for a couple of months.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman December 25th 2015, 6:41 pm

I still look in 5 or 6 times a day ,everyone have MERRY CHRISTMAS santa an a safe NEW YEAR Smile
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 12th 2016, 2:27 pm

I hate the FB drama as much as anyone.... but ironically, due to the way the world has gone, I joined it because I had customers who wanted a way to contact me other than phone for an instant message concerning their equipment needs. Granted, I don't have a smartphone so that I am accessible 24/7 ( and that will never happen, trust me) but I can usually be reached for about 15 minutes a night after coming home, and rooting around in the garage for a couple hours after supper. Just before bed, it is not uncommon for any one of about 6 customers to see that I am present on FB, and I will usually get a message for advice, to schedule a service appointment, or other such thing relating to their needs. So....yep- Facebook can seem like a 7th grade lunchroom, but there is some good that can come out of it. But your skin needs to be a mile thick. COme to think of it, I also think that some people are economically strapped these days, and to fill their need to communicate with their kids, and keep in touch with "their world", people have eliminated their landlines, and also here they have eliminated their home internet services for use with desktop computers- they rely solely on their "device" for all their outside world contact. So now they have a bill only for their plan, to get rid of the internet service, and the telephone service.... this old world has gotten to be a tough place to survive in at times, depending on your definition of "survive" . Us hardcore people will be here long after the others collapse in their electronic world. It isn't the scroungers website that has caused it's own failure, it's the changes that the world is enduring, and how people adjust to those changes. It's inevitable without change. Sorry...just my 2 cents worth.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoz January 13th 2016, 7:39 pm

No doubt about it, FB has the potential to be a very useful tool. It's just unfortunate that those who misuse the tool overwhelmingly dominate it.

Long ago and far away, my wife, daughter, and I were members of a non hot rod related online community that had evolved to a close knit group of friends. Around Y2K, FB-esque behavior resulted in the group breaking up into cliques. I wanted no part juvenile behavior, and refused to participate...which resulted in both factions targeting me. I severed all ties.

About 2 years ago, my wife started pushing me to join FB, saying there were a lot of folks from the old group wanting to make contact. I refused to join FB, so my wife created an FB account in my name without telling me. The next day I had 20-some FB emails...most of them the same clique drama that broke up the group years ago. I got rid of the FB account.
Zandoz
Zandoz
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 13th 2016, 9:54 pm

Ironically, a friend in PA set up my account. I didn't want it, but we sure do have fun. If there is any drama, I delete people off my list- just that simple. I took 4 members of my wife's family off- I got a lot of static...I told them to back off, and grow up. Now it's much quieter.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoz January 13th 2016, 11:12 pm

Yeah, I've heard before that there are various things that can be done to avoid the drama. That's well and good, but I'm lazy when it comes to that kind of stuff...privacy is not something I should have to work to attain. If they were to make privacy the default, I would probably get an account.
Zandoz
Zandoz
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 14th 2016, 1:23 am

That's OK too, different strokes for different folks. There are a lot worse things in this world than NOT having an FB account. I only got one 2 years ago cuz someone else set it up for me and "forced" it on me. It can be a terrible place to waste time, but I must admit, this summer/fall, it was good for me when I had spinal surgery....I couldn't go anywhere, or do anything, and it was the one way I could communicate with others. Of course, some people could have come visited, but that aspect of our society has changed, too. Everyone is just "so busy". I'll remember that when you can't get away from the house from injury..... paybacks. See how they like it.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 14th 2016, 3:17 am

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman January 18th 2016, 6:35 pm

Look's like everyone has gone over to the darkside................
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 19th 2016, 12:13 am

I'm afraid it was inevitable.....sad too.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 19th 2016, 10:09 pm

Not everyone. I repeat... NEVER. If everyone does go, then have fun. You can find me in my shop or on the road...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 20th 2016, 2:53 pm

Very Happy ^
The forum will stay up as long as someone is here. I still like the forum it's just sad to see what it is now compared to what it was.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 20th 2016, 8:55 pm

I enjoy it too Steve.... will try to make it a point to come here more often. Great bunch of people- and I like your blogs at the top of the main page pertaining to your clubs events, and your personal interest stories. Keep going if you can..... and thanks.
\
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ January 23rd 2016, 4:27 pm

They've blocked me from the forum at work, so I had to go to one of the tech guys and get a password to bypass the firewall. I'm a forum faithful. I very seldom get on Facebook anymore.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 June 10th 2016, 8:09 pm

Man I miss this place, still like it here better than FB.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman June 12th 2016, 3:13 am

I'm still around, look in a few times a day. Not too many are on here its ashame........ Sad
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoz June 12th 2016, 3:57 am

I look in most days. I wish I had something to contribute, but my project is on hold because of my health issues.
Zandoz
Zandoz
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by zpi28 June 12th 2016, 5:18 am

I try to check in daily. Wish it were more active in here too.

zpi28
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next