{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garage

+6
911TAZZ
Nanook
Marty042
pepboys speedshop
Reb Stew
oldman
10 posters

Go down

Garage Empty Garage

Post by oldman January 28th 2014, 4:18 pm

Just setting here an thinking about how cold it is out in my garage,NO HEAT, was wondering how many of you have a heated garage? an who don't?I will be so Happy to see warmer weather......
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Garage Empty Re: Garage

Post by Reb Stew January 28th 2014, 4:41 pm

I have a ready heater but it won't do much in the bigger garage. I have not had any wrench time on a car since the gasser work session. I'm wanting to get started on a garage this spring but around here even when it warms up I still can't do anything until all the mud is dry.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by pepboys speedshop January 28th 2014, 4:50 pm

I am very fortunate to have a very cool old garage but the heat.....well.... thats a different story, every day its cold puts me another behind

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 January 28th 2014, 5:29 pm

I have a 3brd brick ranch with the garage underneath. Stays around 65 all winter. Very lucky and fortunate.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 28th 2014, 5:38 pm

No heat in my garage at all...but it's insulated so it never drops below freezing. I have an A/C unit I want to wire in for it but am not that talented LOL!

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ January 28th 2014, 9:46 pm

Have a garage but no heat. I'm going sir crazy.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 January 28th 2014, 9:55 pm

Always used a big salamander heater when I lived in Ohio, froze from the ankles down, and roasted up top. At least I had a garage though, all my stuff is getting ruined from sitting out it the barn here, since the barn has no sides. Even my stuff still in the trailer is starting to rust from the humidity. Oh well at least it's warm enough to work outside.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 28th 2014, 11:29 pm

Chris55 wrote:Always used a big salamander heater when I lived in Ohio, froze from the ankles down, and roasted up top. At least I had a garage though, all my stuff is getting ruined from sitting out it the barn here, since the barn has no sides. Even my stuff still in the trailer is starting to rust from the humidity. Oh well at least it's warm enough to work outside.

Kerosene makes me sick...cannot use a 'Sali'.  No  Heat would be nice but really getting that A/C unit in for summertime would be nice.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE January 29th 2014, 2:28 am

No heat other than a small propane fired salamander. Takes the chill off, but that's about it.
I was ripping down some 2x4's for a bathroom remodel last night, no heat, couldn't feel my fingers when I was done.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 29th 2014, 2:56 am

I heat with kerosene but getting tired of the smell so I have not been in the garage much since its gotten very cold.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 29th 2014, 2:44 pm

Nanook wrote:No heat in my garage at all...but it's insulated so it never drops below freezing.  I have an A/C unit I want to wire in for it but am not that talented LOL!

Later,

Lee

Turn your A/C unit around, and use the heat off the condensor coils to heat the garage. I don't know if it works, but there is an engineer type guy here that uses that application to kiln dry lumber. He has great success. Just passing along some more useless (?) information. Good luck, and turn up the thermostat!
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down