{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker

5 posters

Go down

It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Empty It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker

Post by junkyardjeff September 19th 2013, 12:10 am

I think of them as a girls car and really did not want to drive it but tried to sell it last weekend and got tired of the whiners complaining about the inop lock up convertor so I decided to use it for a winter beater and save some money on gas,they look right past the mint rust free body and mint interior and nitpick the mechanical stuff so screw them and I will drive it,I guess I look through old car eyes and look at the body first but not the idiots looking for daily drivers. I might try to fix it since I will be driving it and if I do I will sell it for more money in the spring.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Empty Re: It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker

Post by FalconEddie1964 September 19th 2013, 3:41 am

Thought you built the Bronco to drive in the winter.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Empty Re: It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker

Post by junkyardjeff September 19th 2013, 5:49 am

I will have to license and put insurance on it while I try to fix it so I am going to drive it this winter,since there is issues with the convertor not locking up everyone wants it for next to nothing so I want to see if I can fix it to get more money out of it. It should get better gas mileage then anything else in the fleet and I am not riding the Harley when there is now on the ground

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 19th 2013, 10:32 am

Drive them both. Never understood why everyone thinks they should have one car.Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE September 19th 2013, 3:17 pm

Those little trackers make cool little trail rigs.
How much were you asking?
What would it take to fix convertor?
You actually sparked my interest.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 21st 2013, 12:37 am

Its a 2wd so it wont make a good mud toy,as for the convertor I do not know if its a trans or electrical issue. My sister paid over 2000 dollars to get the trans rebuilt in 05 and shortly after the brake light switch melted so I think the trans shop did something to the wiring as it blows the ECM fuse when convertor relay is hooked up,it works fine without the convertor locking so I am going to drive to work over the winter and use it to run around town when I can not ride the bike.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 September 21st 2013, 3:11 am

What you could build.Twisted Evil 
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt110
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt310
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt410
What you shouldn't build.Evil or Very Mad 
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt210
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt510
But in the end with being up North, what you should build.santa rendeer 
It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Gt610
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 September 21st 2013, 3:42 am

I like the red one with the white top
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 22nd 2013, 2:24 am

I wonder if I can get my 351-c down in that thing.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE September 24th 2013, 3:14 pm

Yea, I'm a 4x4 kind of guy, don't like them slammed down like that.
That orangish rod looking thing, now that is just hideous!

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 25th 2013, 2:17 am

I am just going to drive it for the gas mileage,it would be neat to shove A V8 in it but I have other things to do that are more important.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 17th 2014, 12:48 am

Been driving it for a week and it is going to take some time to get used to it since I am used to vehicles that have a little more power,I have a friend who drove large trucks and said if driving one with a Detroit you have to drive it like you are mad at it to get some power out of it and I think its the same with this Tracker.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 17th 2014, 4:25 am

junkyardjeff wrote: it is going to take some time to get used to it since I am used to vehicles that have a little more power.
 Question  Little more power? I thought you have been driving your Fords this whole time? If you been driving a Chevy why switch to a Tracker?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 18th 2014, 1:09 am

Frame rusted out on my beater truck and it was free so I am driving it plus it beats walking,probably will end up keeping it for a winter beater and look into buying a newer truck for a daily driver this summer. I am going to rethink my vehicle situation and get down to one good daily driver and a winter beater plus my old rides,the tracker is easier on gas too.

Last edited by junkyardjeff on January 18th 2014, 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more words)

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 18th 2014, 2:42 am

It looks like I will end up driving the Geo tracker Images34
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 18th 2014, 3:03 am

Been thinking about using GM products to catch the salt.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 18th 2014, 3:44 am

You will never have to buy another car if you do. Run forever. lol
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 18th 2014, 2:28 pm

If I buy a Olds,Buick or Caddy it will run forever but none of the rest will.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 21st 2014, 1:23 am

Drove the tracker on the highway in the snow saturday night and I am having second thoughts on it for a winter beater,I am going to stick it out with it this winter but next year it will have to be something a little larger. The 68 Chrysler I had years ago was the best winter car I ever had so I am going to be on the hunt for a 67 to 71? big Dodge or Plymouth 4 door for my next winter car,the Chryslers only came with big blocks and the others could have 318s so I hope I can find one that has enough metal left.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down