{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU....

+4
Arieldouglas
Reb Stew
911TAZZ
falconwagon62
8 posters

Go down

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... Empty Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU....

Post by falconwagon62 April 2nd 2013, 11:46 pm

I got the 40 Ford Sedan, DANG nice body, has a ton of possiblities.....

Or my Car Lot, yes, I have a Used Car lot in Hamilton, have never devoted time or most important, CASH, to get it going....Have the lisence and all.....SO.....

I am thinking of selling the 40 Ford, along with the 63 Convertible and maybe one other, to get the cash to buy some cars at the auction and get this a REAL money maker....not just a dream.....

A idea without action, is just a dream......

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... 101_6343-1

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... 20130310_114523
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... Empty Re: Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU....

Post by 911TAZZ April 3rd 2013, 12:01 am

Wow, you my friend are truly a man of mystery ! the question to ask is even after you raise the capital to get it going are you going to be able to maintain the time demands of a car lot. If it were me I would raise the capital and build the business. Just my two cents worth. Good luck either way.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... Empty Re: Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU....

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 12:08 am

I have a partner, he owns the repair shop/Lot....Lindenwald is a REAL repair shop...the Ranchero wasn't just a pretty face...I own the lot, but I am NOT liscenced to sell used cars...even on the lot I own....lol...we started this years ago, but to get it going, I need to invest another 5-10K for inventory....

Build a Hot Rod or Get my Business going WHAT SAY YOU.... 2012-09-16_16-08-23_835
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 3rd 2013, 12:38 am

Not sure where you would find the time or it would please you as much as fooling with old cars.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 1:15 am

except for spending time there from time to time Joe runs 100 percent of the business I just capitalize it in cash a few checks. I still continue playing with my cars but maybe thinking of getting my plan B business going as I've been playing with it little by little over the last few years just thinking of jumping in a little more to get a little more what are they always say it takes money to make money.
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 3rd 2013, 1:21 am

Good luck John!! I really mean that. I took the plunge 4 years ago. People asked me for years why I didn't go into business for myself. I never was ready to commit 100%. Now I am a partner and still sometimes wonder if I'm nuts. One thing though, if you don't grab for the ring you won't catch it.

By the way I thought the '40 was gone. I can't go there now but how much?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 1:51 am

I will not be working there but Part time....here and there...I am the silent partner...I have a key,and alarm code....We do it all...general repair to tires....Motors and trans...brakes...batteries....but we want to move more to auto sales, heck, we are all getting older....the 40, I have too much in it, but to the General public, start at 7K..for a Scroungers and CCC members, I would treat better, but still on the fence about selling it, because it is in such good shape, but I have plenty of cool cars to play with....gonna start selling most of the off, someday...
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 3rd 2013, 4:37 am

I will say that you can get bit very easily with used cars. I work at Zimmer CDJR on Rt.18 in Florence and we have more issues with general repairs for trade-ins/used cars than you would think. There are a few reasons for that IMHO and if you want my two cents I'll be happy to chat in person or on the phone about some specifics. I'd just be very, very careful in the used car market. And that $5-10K will not get you very far. I can all but guarantee you that.

I don't want to be a killjoy and that is not my aim here. Just don't want to see you slowly bleed. BTW that looks like a good little shop you got going there! Love that 3rd Gen Formula in the right bay.

Later,

Lee

Last edited by Nanook on April 3rd 2013, 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 4:50 am

we have been doing it for 3 years, we cater to the 3K and under cars, no buy here, pay here....Just pay here, all sold As Is...Just wanting to do "more" of it, insted of having 1 or 2 cars now and then, doing more to get 3 or 4, all the time...Joe goes through them, checks them out, fixes whats needed...That's joes Formula....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 3rd 2013, 4:55 am

That's cool...you gotta have people that REALLY look at 'em though even if it's a 'sold as-is' kind of thing. If you trust Joe (and if you have a 2nd guy who also has a good eye/common sense) then see what you can ge out of it. The market for $5K and under is all but non-existant (thanks to Cash for Clunkers) so if you can find respectable cars in that range that you feel good about selling then I'd go for it.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 5:18 am

Funny thing, when I was starting out, I NEVER spent over 2K on a car...as I have got older, and income increased, so did my car budgets, there will always be a need for decent cheap cars, and the area we are in, there is no shortage of 5K and up lots, I believe Hamilton, Ohio has more used car lots than any area in Ohio per square mile....but you are right, finding cars that we will sell...gets harder, but we have a knack...I trust Joe.....he is a good man...we never want to get to big...
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie April 3rd 2013, 12:12 pm

John
If it is a dream double down...You only get to go around the block once. You never know till you try and if its a dream It might turn into a what if later in life. Sounds like you got a good guy for a partner. That is my 2 cents and they are worn out! I wish you all the best in what ever you chose to do!

Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE April 3rd 2013, 2:24 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:...there will always be a need for decent cheap cars, and the area we are in, there is no shortage of 5K and up lots, I believe Hamilton, Ohio has more used car lots than any area in Ohio per square mile.......

You're probably right there, just drive up rte 4 through Hamiltucky geek

My brother in law use to have a garage next to you a few years back there on pleasent, he was in the old Walgreens building, small world.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 3rd 2013, 2:56 pm

Thanks, your right, only here one time, it has been working, just on a smaller scale, looking to sell more, work on them less (other than the ones on the lot)...Tahoe, what was the Out-Laws name.....

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE April 3rd 2013, 4:54 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:...Tahoe, what was the Out-Laws name.....

Kurt with Prologic. He was there for only a year an half or so about 4 yrs ago. Landlord wouldn't work with him on things so he left.

I would agree to try to upscale with a couple more cars at a time and build that way -vs- jumping in with both feet up to your neck.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 52 Ford F1 April 4th 2013, 4:15 am

Good luck whatever you do... I have heard that craigslist has kinda turned over the business model of a lot of small lots. If you decide to get rid of some of your projects do not underestimate the value of trading/barter... You might find someone with a good daily driver or 2 looking for a project, maybe with some cash... but the problem seems to be getting cash.

I am confused (Probably just reading it wrong).. 1st post you said you have a license, then a later post you said you did not have a license to sell.?.?

52 Ford F1
Scrounger

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 April 4th 2013, 4:23 am

Ohio, gotta have a used car SALEMAN license....AND a LOT license.....Joe has the Salesman license...I don't....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 4th 2013, 1:37 pm

It won't hurt to give it a try.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down