{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's working on a hot rod project?

+8
40standard
Cratethis
JRiggs
junkyardjeff
911TAZZ
Nanook
Lady rebel
Reb Stew
12 posters

Go down

Who's working on a hot rod project? Empty Who's working on a hot rod project?

Post by Reb Stew January 10th 2013, 4:15 am

This must be the longest I have went without wrenching on a car. The cars are on the back burner for a while. I'm redoing the ceilings in the house. My arms hurt from drilling drywall screws over my head and my neck has a few more bends than normal. I don't ever want to take on installing ceilings for a living. Today was spent on the roof of mom and dads house working on some leaks. Fun Fun Fun! Rolling Eyes
I miss my garage!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Who's working on a hot rod project? Empty Re: Who's working on a hot rod project?

Post by Lady rebel January 10th 2013, 6:11 am

I miss the garage too!! But the house really needs to get done so we can sell it!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Who's working on a hot rod project? Empty Re: Who's working on a hot rod project?

Post by Reb Stew January 10th 2013, 6:39 am

Lady rebel wrote:I miss the garage too!! But the house really needs to get done so we can sell it!
I know. It's getting there.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 10th 2013, 4:31 pm

I'm fiddling with getting everything together for the 'vette right now. The big stuff starts soon but I need to wrap up a few minor things on my wife's TA. I hope you can get back to wrenching soon!

later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ January 10th 2013, 7:23 pm

Little things with the wagon. New gate lock and fixed a couple of minor things.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 10th 2013, 10:15 pm

911TAZZ wrote:Little things with the wagon. New gate lock and fixed a couple of minor things.

Sweet! It's the small steps/progess that helps to keep you fueled for the big steps. Smile

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 11th 2013, 12:12 am

Just doing some minor little projects on the 55 and 37.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 11th 2013, 3:56 am

911TAZZ wrote:Little things with the wagon. New gate lock and fixed a couple of minor things.

I'm still waiting on pics of seats installed and overhead console installed....

Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis January 11th 2013, 5:28 am

Hoping I will be able to get out and work on adding the disk brakes to the Olds this weekend. I'll have pics if I can get to it.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard January 15th 2013, 2:23 am

putting on a master cyl on a 56 Chevy big back window truck with a Camaro clip & a vette rear end

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 23rd 2013, 1:44 am

Any pics of what you guys are doing?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 23rd 2013, 4:13 am

No pics but I did work on my new gas tank tonight for the Hog. First time working with body filler on my own. Johnny Stamper worked with me some and I got to mess with it a few times with him. I've watched quite a few people working on their projects and I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos and read a lot.

I went to KOI and picked up some All Metal by USC (Thanks Reb). 

There was a small dent on the side that needed just a little filler and the seam down the top needed to be hidden. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

The dent was small enough that I was able to fill it and smooth it with one coat. I got the seam on top covered pretty well with one coat. I had to hit it up with another small light coat right where the tank meets the front of the seat.

Over all I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Got a good heavy coat of rattle can primer on it and it's dying in the shed now. Plan on sanding down the fenders and painting everything Satin Black and getting it pin striped at the Motorcycle Rally over July 4th. I will try and get a couple pics of the tank tomorrow and post up.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin June 25th 2013, 6:53 pm

Glad you got it done. I was wanting to watch you through it but only free time I had was late at night seemed like.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster June 25th 2013, 7:24 pm

I hoping to maybe swap engines in the Stylemaster sometime this summer or fall.  If I can be confident that the drive train is reliable I may have some body and paint done over the winter.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 25th 2013, 7:29 pm

No bites on it yet?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster June 25th 2013, 8:50 pm

Nothing serious, just scammers.  It isn't eating anything, so I'm probably going to keep it.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 27th 2013, 8:02 pm

link will not work.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie July 2nd 2013, 7:16 pm

So I'm gathering parts and just got all the rubbers and ball jounts for the front end. I ordered the disk brake kit on E-gay. Here is the Item # 130850918309
 I think it is time to take that front end apart and get it to my buddy shop to get cleaned up a little.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 2nd 2013, 8:42 pm

Take some pics:cheers: 
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down