{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

67 Fairlane power brakes

3 posters

Go down

67 Fairlane power brakes Empty 67 Fairlane power brakes

Post by Chris55 February 13th 2012, 3:33 pm

Had a buddy from Ohio e-mail me the other day, he has a 67 Fairlane with drum/drum power brakes. The power booster has gone out, and he is having trouble finding another one. (for drum/drum, drum/disk are easy to find) Ford calls for a C7OZ-2005-D (taged C-4261-M) for a drum/drum car and C7OZ-2005-C (taged C-4261-N) for a disc drum car. I was just trying to figure out if these were the same parts just diff. part numbers, or diff. parts all together. I know that the General is famous for giving the same part diff. numbers depending on which marquee it came on. (Can't have a guy with a Caddy paying Chevy prices.) Very Happy So I was just wondering if Henry ever did the same thing. In other words can you run a disc/drum booster on a drum/drum setup. (yes I know the master cyl. are diff.) Thanks for any help you can give.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

67 Fairlane power brakes Empty Re: 67 Fairlane power brakes

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 13th 2012, 4:00 pm

On my old 64 Ford wagon, Jeff and I changed it from a single to a dual master cylinder. I had drum brakes all the way around but we used a disc brake master cylinder and it worked fine. It wasn't power but don't think that's a big difference. I had trouble with the good old Autozone master cylinder leaking out the back and when we replaced it I ended up putting double one from from a drum setup on it. If I remember we had to bend the lines a little one way or another. Jeff should know what to use. He's changed types master cylinders on quite a few old Fords.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 15th 2012, 12:23 am

Find someone to rebuild the original,used ones wont last very long and the part store boosters never seem right. There should be someone around you that can rebuild brake boosters.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 February 17th 2012, 12:31 am

If i was up home, I'd rebuild it for him. Maybe I can get him to mail it to me. LOL
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down