{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about brakes.

3 posters

Go down

question about brakes. Empty question about brakes.

Post by JRiggs November 26th 2007, 6:59 pm

got a question probably be an easy answer. but we need some topics going on in here.

i have that brake booster, master cylinder setup that stewart gave me. complete setup.
i also have a brand new master cylinder, brake booster and the pedal assembly that you bolt onto the frame which i paid almost $200 bucks for and its just sitting on the shelf..

heres the question: how much of a difference is it using a master cylinder brake booster combo compared to using just the master cylinder????

can u tell a difference
, im not sure thats why i am asking.

last night i pulled the new pedal assembly apart. pushed the pedal through the org. hole in the floor board and bolted it back to the brake booster. only thing i will have to do is to cut out a section in the floor and create a door to add brake fluid.

if i use the pedal assembly that bolts onto the frame, the firewall will be all smooth. if i use the setup s.s. gave me then that will be the first thing u see when you open the hood. lol which isnt that big of a deal.

the setup i bought will take to much fabricating to use on the 46. because of it being on the s10 frame. the other setup i can just bolt to the firewall and go. which would be so much easier when it comes time to work on the 46 again.

WHAT DO I DO???????
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

question about brakes. Empty Re: question about brakes.

Post by LRS30 November 26th 2007, 7:23 pm

run the bolt to the firewall deal if you don't care for a clean firewall. The under the car set up works good but yes you will need to fab up some mounts...go with the easy way out and start driving it....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 26th 2007, 8:02 pm

guess i should have mentioned right now it will bolt directly to the frame without faming up any mounts, it sits right where the old master cylinder was......

ill have to snap some pictures....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 26th 2007, 8:19 pm

if it looks like it will bolt up, use it. only difference would be not having power brakes. it would stop like the 65 truck did. you would have to use leg strength to push the pedal and with the power you could just ease into in and it would stop easy without having to push hard. if the under floor unit bolts in and all you need to do is cut a hole for filling it wouldn't matter which way you went. other than figuring out if you wanted power brakes or manual brakes
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 26th 2007, 8:46 pm

True..... I like manual brakes once you get used to them and they are adjusted right they work fine.....
RebStew wrote:if it looks like it will bolt up, use it. only difference would be not having power brakes. it would stop like the 65 truck did. you would have to use leg strength to push the pedal and with the power you could just ease into in and it would stop easy without having to push hard. if the under floor unit bolts in and all you need to do is cut a hole for filling it wouldn't matter which way you went. other than figuring out if you wanted power brakes or manual brakes
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 26th 2007, 9:25 pm

since the ole lady has claimed this ride maybe i should stick with the power brakes.

Smile

yeah right. as much as she runs id have to put a kill switch on it somewhere, somewhere shell never find it and fiqure out how to start it.

and again maybe i should make it so she doesnt wanna drive, it the rougher the steering and the rougher the brakes the more she will bitch and the more she will not wanna drive it. lol!
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down