{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport, a hot rodding police department??

5 posters

Go down

Newport, a hot rodding police department?? Empty Newport, a hot rodding police department??

Post by RebStew March 2nd 2011, 5:50 pm

I use to do a lot of PR work for the club. 2 or 3 times a month with stuff the city had going on. I have slacked off but still get out there to show the city and other who we are and what we are about. A few days ago I had a chance to talk to the acting Cheif of Police. I'm sad to say Robbie Hall is ill and not doing well. He may be back but noone knows when. Anyway Acting Chief Collins stepped in to help out. I talked with him for about an hour. It was refreshing to see a genuine person and not someone taken over by BS politics. I have also seen an improvement in the police department the last couple months but didn't know why untill I spoke with Chief Collins. Nothing was said by him but I could tell that he really cares and is pushing the PD to be as good as they can be. I think that is why the improvement.

Now to the cool part. Chief Collins is a normal guy that anyone can talk to. We are talking about hot rods and come to find out his family are into hot rodding. His dad is a long time gearhead and they try to hit the Rod Run in TN when they can. The Chief owns a Mopar that he races at Edgewater and also has a GTX aty home. I figured he was a Mopar guy. I wouldn't have held that against him Very Happy but then he said he was a Chevy guy and had an old Chevy too.

We talked about the Newport cruisers and even the Covington tribute police car they have, the Charger cop cars they have with hood scoops on them and more. It would be neat to see Newport with some new police cars with some flare. To me those old Ford are junk. Some new Chargers would be cool to see around. There is no money for new cars now but that will be address later.
I just thought I'd share that. Kind of nice to see a hot rodder on the police force.

Last edited by RebStew on March 6th 2011, 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Newport, a hot rodding police department?? Empty Re: Newport, a hot rodding police department??

Post by Cratethis March 3rd 2011, 2:23 am

It's nice to know that people in authority roles have similar passions as you do. Especially in the car scene.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Newport, a hot rodding police department?? Empty Re: Newport, a hot rodding police department??

Post by Crucial March 3rd 2011, 5:15 am

yeah tom collins, he used to run out thornhill alot ... nice running GTX .... i think he used to work for ludlow's PD
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 3rd 2011, 5:20 am

He was the Chief of Police for some other city. It may have been Ludlow.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 6th 2011, 5:58 am

Let me know if anyone runs into a cheap early 60's Mopar 4 door. Someone may be interested in building an old cop car. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin February 6th 2012, 7:58 pm

The Chief's car
Newport, a hot rodding police department?? DSCF3419
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew August 29th 2013, 5:05 am

The Chief and I have become pretty good friends. Anyone with a passion for hot rods can't be all bad. Very Happy 

Just thought I'd share his latest car with everyone. This was at the Newport Car Show this past weekend.

Newport, a hot rodding police department?? 07811
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down