{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that....

5 posters

Go down

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... Empty old Fords and Dumb stuff like that....

Post by falconwagon62 October 30th 2010, 3:55 am

Sold the 72 Mach 1 today, now I need to go buy a 351 Cleveland for the 71 Mach 1 I found over in Hamilton, I have found a Complete 351 Cleveland motor, a runner, 4 barrel motor, he wants 700 bucks complete....FYI...did you know in 1973 Ford bought the carbs from Rodchester, YES...a Quadra-Junk...I mean Jet on a FORD motor...WTF as puddin head would say! Whatta think about that BIG DOG....Is 700 to much to pay for a known good motor???? Here is what I bought Tuesday....

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... IMG00081-20101027-1641

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... IMG00078-20101027-1641
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... Empty Re: old Fords and Dumb stuff like that....

Post by big dogs 42 October 30th 2010, 2:45 pm

better jump on it john there not easy to find and you know the 351 modified is different right takes the same tranny as a 460 where the cleveland use the same on as a 6cyl to a 351 windsor
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... Empty Re: old Fords and Dumb stuff like that....

Post by big dogs 42 October 30th 2010, 2:47 pm

it may be a quardra junk carb but it stll worked better than the gm verison
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 30th 2010, 7:15 pm

7 bills is really cheap for a 4V 351. Look for the "4" on the head to make sure you get the 4 barrel heads. It will be on the top right corner close to the valve cover lip. 2V will have a (2) I sold the last one I had for $700.00 That was over 15 years ago. The 4V 351 is my favorite Ford engine. Really it's the only Ford engine I really like at all. If you get the intake off of it be sure to take a picture of the ports and every will see why. No need to port these dude. I can sink all my fingers into the port up to my knuckles.
If you are having an off day and your image of other motors are off that day look at the valve covers. The 351C will have 8 valve cover bolts campared to the rest of the small bocl family, whick has 6 I think. If it has 8 valve cover bolts then look at the bell housing. It will have the small bellhousing compared to the big block family having the bigger one. 351 is a mutt but one heck of an engine.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 30th 2010, 7:33 pm

Another tid bit of useless info for fun. Anyone know why they call it a Cleveland?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 October 30th 2010, 8:18 pm

Yep it was built at the ford cleveland eingine plant
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 October 30th 2010, 8:32 pm

the reason the heads that they have such big ports is that its got the same porting dem. that a 460 police interceptor has i agree its one hell of a ford motor its acutally was desinged of the 351 winsor block (built in windsor canada) if you think thats a good motor the boss 302 is even better it had 4 bolt nains and screw in freeze plugs and was ported bigger than the 4br cleveland with bigger pistons !!and a bigger bore of course at least the ones ive seen were only saw two apart we used to run a 70 mustang at edgewater with one in it that was called respect !!! anyone remember the car was purple blue and white with all the old back in the day paint tricks on iteven had a girl drawn in pencil on the hood that was under the clear on it
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 30th 2010, 9:32 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Yep it was built at the ford cleveland eingine plant
Yeap Cleveland Ohio.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 October 31st 2010, 2:59 am

here is what 700 smackers get you today....

old Fords and Dumb stuff like that.... 351C
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook November 4th 2010, 1:37 am

Good deal for sure! Got anymore pics of the '71 and any updates?

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff November 4th 2010, 3:18 am

There were two 2 bbl clevelands on the Dayton craigslist for 350 the other day,if I had the room I would have bought them but I already have one in a 78 f100 that was given to me that I got to find some place to put it when I scrap the truck. No its not a 351-M but someone must have replaced a 302 with it years ago.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down