{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset

+8
Lady rebel
junkyard junky
Z-YOU
John B
Kyle
JRiggs
cutlass jeff
RebStew
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset Empty Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:02 am

These are my thoughts alone and no one elses so if you had a good time, cool.
My thoughts summed up in a couple words??
It sucked!

RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset Empty Re: Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:05 am

The good:
It was nice to run down I-75 with a few of the guys. Figuring out who was going to sit in the rocking chair, lead or run the tail. We switch back and forth playing around all the way down there. Made great time and had fun.
There was alot of cars that I have never seen and it was nice to get out and see what's new. The best part of the night was the cruising on 27 after the show.
Spent some time with the family and woke up early Sunday and ran up to Lexington and messed around up there for a while.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset Empty Re: Steve Stewart's Thoughts On Somerset

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:13 am

The bad:
THE HEAT! It was way too hot. Aryan was dragging along and I thought he was just being a pain untill I started watching him. He wanted to sit as soon as we got in the car show. He doesn't do that sort of stuff so I wasn't sure what to think. He has a jug of that mineral fruit flavered water so I thought he was okay for the heat but he kept getting worse. We ran into the guys finally and had Aryan up against the wall and he was turning colors. I had Jimmy pick him up and toss him on my back and I carried him a few blocks to a store to get him water and a banana to eat. The 'nana did the trick and he was getting his color back. We left the store and headed back out. We went down one more block and then cut out of the show to get Aryan back to the hotel. Along the way I left them under a big Oak tree for shade and went and got the car. He was fine after getting back in the AC.

Last edited by RebStew on July 26th 2010, 8:11 am; edited 3 times in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlass jeff July 26th 2010, 1:20 am

so i never missed nothing . wanted to go soo bad but u said it sucked
cutlass jeff
cutlass jeff
Scrounger

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:25 am

Still on the bad. Having Aryan on my back about done me in. By the time I got him to the store I was hurting bad. I'm still paying for it today.
More bad.
The cars. When they first started this show you couldn't get a late model car into the show unless it had 3 mods and not just a fancy paint job. I seen them turn away a slick paint and body modded Honda about 5 years ago and they done that alot. Junk cars or late model crap was not let in. This year there was about 20% of late model junk sitting in the show. Some thing where nice but just new cars. Seemed like 100 new Camaros. I seen 1 new Benz that was just a stock car, but it was new. Now for te kickers. I seen some stuff that was crap. How many people would let an Aries K car into a car show?? How about a stocl, scratched up Ford Expedition? This is the kind of crap they had sitting next to 68 Fastback Mustang and 64 Impala SS's . Why?? If I wanted to see stock junk I'd drive to Krogers and look for them in the parking lot. Alos the numbers was nothing like it use to be. When I left they said they had 635 cars come in. Someone later that night said they had almost 1000 cars. I don't know but that was no where near the cars they had when Gill ran the show. I was figuring over 1700 cars easy but no such luck. Now take out the late model cars. The junk stock stuff like Aries K cars and the likes and the numbers go down. Also while we was at the hotel I was watching out the window at the cars that was at the show was now cruising 27 and heading back into the show. Maybe to get cooled off or whatever. Did they count cars coming in the gate a second time as another car? more than likely

Last edited by RebStew on July 26th 2010, 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:26 am

cutlass jeff wrote:soi never missed nothing . wanted to go soo bad but u said itsucked
Bro in my eyes you made the right choice
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:29 am

Still ranting:
With the numbers down you could tell it when the cruising started. There was more people sitting in lawn chairs to watch the cruisers than there where cruisers. What was once a bumper to bumper, all night cruise was no more than a good string of cars. Take out the late model crap and the dailey drivers and you where stuck with maybe less than 30% of older hot rod cruising. Still nice to watch and check out but nothing like it use to be.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:32 am

I do have some really cool pics of some nice cars so I will post them in the photo section soon. But my bad news was still not over even after I came home.
There was measages on phone that water was pouring down the alley from my house. Corey had forget to turn the water hose off when he was washing the garage out Friday night. Sometime between then and today the water hose busted and had the water running out through the back yard. Look like I will have about a 2 or 300 dollar water bill this month
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlass jeff July 26th 2010, 1:42 am

why didn t u call me i would of went down and checked it out for u
cutlass jeff
cutlass jeff
Scrounger

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:45 am

One more gripe and I'll shut up. Never stay at Knights Inn. It was clean but I have never slept on such a hard bed in my life! I got zero sleep because of the bed and pillow. The pillow was like a 1 inch piece of foam. The bed was like having two box spring stacked on top of each other. Felt like it didn't have a mattres on it. The poor people next door may have been kept awake from me tossing and turning and the loose headboard banging the wall every 15 minutes as I was trying to get comfortable.
I wish I could have spent more time with the guys that ran down with me but it just seemed like everything that could go wrong. did.
Amy said she was going with or without me. I figure if she wanted to go that bad I'd go. Next time if she feels the same way me and the kids will stay here and her and her sister can go. I don't think I will ever go back down.

Last edited by RebStew on July 26th 2010, 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 1:46 am

cutlass jeff wrote:why didn t u call me i would of went down and checked it out for u
I didn't know the water was running out untill we got back home.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 2:01 am

Just for the record when I say late model I mean new. I know people have late model cars that hang around but what I'm talking about are stock straight off the dealer lot 2010 Mustangs, Chargers and Camaros. They are nice cars but they don't belong in some shows.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs July 26th 2010, 2:08 am

i was home all weekend, glanced over a few times to check on the front of the house, ur dad stopped over yesterday some time didnt make it out in time to tell him u was in somerset.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle July 26th 2010, 2:30 am

it was hot. i liked the cars
Kyle
Kyle
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 26th 2010, 4:11 am

So what you're saying Steve is that Somerset has reached it's peak and is now on it's down hill decline.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 26th 2010, 4:33 am

RebStew wrote:There was measages on phone that water was pouring down the alley from my house. Corey had forget to turn the water hose off when he was washing the garage out Friday night. Sometime between then and today the water hose busted and had the water running out through the back yard. Look like I will have about a 2 or 300 dollar water bill this month

Sometimes you can contact the water department and tell them you had a leak & they will adjust your bill. I use to do this for business locations that had water line issues quite often. It may be worth a try.

Sorry the trip didn't pan out.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky July 26th 2010, 4:34 am

I was going to go but it was too hot being in that chevelle with black seats. I just stayed home.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 26th 2010, 5:07 am

All in all it was nice to take a break from Newport... Yeap we should have headed to Carter County Cruisers show instead. I would've cancelled my room reservation for them! Oh well it was a great learning experience.. I took Aryan to the doctor this evening and he has strep throat. He debated over the shot but the doc wrote out the med. faster..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis July 26th 2010, 5:11 am

Lady rebel wrote:I took Aryan to the doctor this evening and he has strep throat.

That stinks!!!!!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 26th 2010, 5:13 am

He's okay. He kept talking funny and not eating very much. I knew something was going on.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 8:09 am

John B wrote:So what you're saying Steve is that Somerset has reached it's peak and is now on it's down hill decline.
That's it in a nut shell. I think Gill would come back if they would swallow their pride and said they screwed up but from what I heard it is still being blamed on him. I even heard a lady that worked the show say that she thought Gill was telling people to stay away.That is why the numbers where down. That was year before last. He stopped in at the Pumpkin Run when we had the Scroungers section all set up and talked for a while. He was very humble and never said anything bad about any of those people down there. Looks like they would see what is happening and understand that Gill may have pushed some buttons but the way he ran it was what kept it going.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 26th 2010, 5:51 pm

Man, it's a real shame that you were so disappointed. I know you fellows had been planning and worked towards this past weekend for some time. I don't know all the politics of what has happened with this cruise/show but it's been my experience that the car counts have been down at just about every big event. Maybe not quite what you experienced, but they have been down by probably 10% to 15% at the very least. I don't know if it's the economy or people are getting tired of the same old same old, or if they just don't want (or afraid) to leave the air-conditioner this summer. I know we've been out for a few weekends when it's been hot as hell with high humidity. Seems most people are so used to air-conditioning that they can't function without it. That and the news and weather channels scare them into not going outside. IMHO
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 26th 2010, 6:30 pm

I was disappointed but it was an okay show with some cool cars. If you have never been then you should go. It's still worth taking in. What I was upset about is it's just not what it use to be at all. No where near it. I'm down loading pics now and should have some up soon.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage July 27th 2010, 2:40 am

Glad to hear Aryan is ok now , to bad about the heat and the car show wasn't what was expected , sounds like the coolest part was the cruise down there , I had a water leak here under the house and it ran out 40,000 gallons of water before it was found and the water company cut me some slack on the bill , hope they can help you out .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by theycallmemrls1 July 28th 2010, 5:59 am

I like the show, we try to go on the power cruise every year, I think the car count was down because of the heat, most older cars just won't set in that traffic and not get hot. Sure is hard on vehicles, I feel like this is why the car count was down. Myself I didn't enjoy it as much as usual because I wasn't in a tire frying machine like the truck and I had 3.5hrs of sleep the nite before so the heat really got to me. I know what your saying about the new cars, that really bothers me to! They didn't want to let my orange truck in two years ago with all the mods it had, how can a stock camaro get in there? I walk right by them too, lol

theycallmemrls1
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next