{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting kinda excited

+3
Lady rebel
RebStew
Crucial
7 posters

Go down

getting kinda excited Empty getting kinda excited

Post by Crucial April 25th 2010, 7:59 pm

next weekend i'm going to go look at a new project. and if all goes well that following weekend i'll be giving it away!!!

project vehicle: 1972 corvette 350 4spd, t-tops, a/c, Ontario orange with saddle interior

one might ask " why give it away?" well while it would be given away it wound go far, going to give it to my dad. its a friend of his car atm who is the 2nd owner. my dad has had some recent health problem (although all looks great atm) and face it he isnt getting any younger.

car has been sitting in a garage/barn for quite a few years now. guy painted it, was putting the chrome back on it and the windows back in it and he was in a dirt bike accident and was in a coma for 6 months or so, when he came to he has no interest in cars. now that i think about it i might be able to get his 69 chevelle from him too, that would be sweet

but anyway, this is only place i have said anything about this, feels good to say something lol

hopefully car isnt in horriable shape or i will have to purchse a sand blaster and powdercoating set up lol

wish me luck!!!
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

getting kinda excited Empty Re: getting kinda excited

Post by RebStew April 25th 2010, 10:42 pm

That's very cool Nick! I hope everything works out and you get the car. There is nothing more powerful than a father and son bond. I have had a few close calls with my dad and one the doctors said he wouldn't make it through the night. That was almost 20 years ago and he's still kicking. I hope your fathers health continues to be on the up side for many, many years.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel April 26th 2010, 1:04 am

That's awsome Nick! You and your dad are lucky guys to have each other.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial May 1st 2010, 8:23 pm

ehhhh not so excited anymore......

base 350/4spd car with a/c

can get it for a really really good price

but looks like alot of work, can someone please talk me into this?? ...

getting kinda excited Img6467f
getting kinda excited Img6470z
getting kinda excited Img6475
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 1st 2010, 9:50 pm

It is a little shocking at first but just a clean up of all the garbage and dirt off it would go a long way.. Does he have all the parts for it? T top ect? If so it may be work the redo.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 May 1st 2010, 10:57 pm

If you pass on it I might be a player if the price is right and I would give you a reasonable finders fee.. Please don't take this as a dickish move, but if your not gonna pull the trigger, I would give it a good home, and not just flip it to make a buck..I have been looking for one for a while just have not had the luck on my side, and that car would be the PERFECT candidate for my next project I have in mind.. Thanks Ryan feel free to contact me anytime...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 2nd 2010, 1:36 am

LRS30 wrote: I would give it a good home, and not just flip it to make a buck..

That's kind of refreshing to hear!
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 May 2nd 2010, 1:47 am

in two weeks, Vicki has her 73 Vette for 23 years....she will not sell ANYTHING.....EVER......my mama said never love nothing, that don't love ya back....

getting kinda excited 102_8566

Last edited by falconwagon62 on June 13th 2010, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 May 2nd 2010, 3:41 am

I had a NICE NCRS SILVER SALUTE 73 and regret selling it everytime I see a 73 but we decided to have kids and needed a bigger house so it had to go...... So the story goes on...lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial May 2nd 2010, 4:00 am

ok i am getting a better response here then on the corvette forums ...

so let me ask this..........

What is a fair price for this car? before i say to much about what he wants for it ... i still might pass but am about 80% for taking on this challange.
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial May 2nd 2010, 4:02 am

RebStew wrote:It is a little shocking at first but just a clean up of all the garbage and dirt off it would go a long way.. Does he have all the parts for it? T top ect? If so it may be work the redo.

yeah has all the parts he says, even some extra ..but donno what he has really or condition

but yeah i agree, a good wash, interior cleaning, and a set of wheels it should make it look like a completely different car
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 2nd 2010, 4:11 am

It's hard to say without knowing more about what the car is. Frame shape, engine and what all he has. The prices on these are going through the roof. I remember seeing them for 2500 buck back 20 years ago. Now you can't touch a junk one that is not worth putting back together for under 4 or 5K. Really price doesn't matter anyways. If it's going to pop's and you want and think you can fix it then don't worry about what anyone says. The car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Like I said if you get that car out and wash it, toss on some wheels it would be a completely different car. Most people for some reason can't see past the grudge. Ryan would be able to help you out on pricing more tna me. He has had his hands in alot of Vette work and he's the professional on here when it comes to those "glass cars.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 May 2nd 2010, 4:21 pm

Professional,,,haha But I have had my fair share of them.. Its hard to say without seeing it.. Like Steve was saying it just depends on how bad you want it.. You can drop $1000 just in brakes for a 72 Vette (stainless with all new hardware) and thats nothing hi-performance, just stock. Right out of the barn, your looking at rubber, carb rebuild, flush and fill all fluids, and check and re-pair brakes, and check and lube all the universals.. Since these cars have I.R.S. the half shafts like to come loose and try to kill you!.. So you have to make sure they are all ok and not ready to eat your storage area and battery box behind the seats.. The reasons stated above are just from past experience's and the main reason why these end up sitting is due to lack of funds when the project really gets rolling.The cost on parts is high (althought the engine and trans is no different than any other GM) Its the weather stripping, interior, carpet, brakes, rear-end exhaust, that really starts killing the pocket book , and then the project sits for years and starts to rot. But you can take your time and piece one back together and not farm out every little item and you will have a car that can hold its value pretty well, if your concerned with it holding it value. I know alot of guys who buy a car cause they love them, or had one when they had hair, and don't care if =they will ever get half of what they put into it.. You just need to wiegh out your wants and budget for a project and see if this or any other will fit.. Sometimes its easier to find one running and driving and do your own twist on it than buying a car that has been sitting and have to got thru some major cash just to get it to drive to the mail-box only to find out why it was shelved in the first place.. Please don't take my views as gospel, they are just things I have gone thru in the past when trying to approach a project with blinders on.. Sometimes you gotta see the big picture, and someone has to play devils advocate, feel free to pm me with any questions and I can point you to those who know way more than me on these cars.. Most of all don't let a little hard work scare you nothing good ever comes easy, but work smart and spend your money smarter..You will be happier in the long run!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial May 3rd 2010, 1:52 am

alright dad says he wants it, no i just gotta find a way to surprise him with it
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 3rd 2010, 8:14 am

Nick you may have a few bites on the 1970 cutlass if you end up selling it. There are a few on here including myself that like them.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 May 4th 2010, 2:20 am

Congrats on the Vette, pm me if you need any info. I can put you in touch with guys who are in the know and will give you an honest opinion and not just sell you some crap you don't need cause its a vette...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial May 4th 2010, 6:30 am

RebStew wrote:Nick you may have a few bites on the 1970 cutlass if you end up selling it. There are a few on here including myself that like them.

well if its up to me, i'd trade it for a 2 car carport (which are $795 installed) lol
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage June 13th 2010, 8:21 am

Cool ride , does it have motor and trans ?
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial June 13th 2010, 8:13 pm

yeah 350 with a muncie 4spd ... but cant verify that because the hood latches are stuck LOL
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 13th 2010, 10:27 pm

Cool. Glad to see it's working out.
RebStew
RebStew