{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desisions on the white more door

2 posters

Go down

Desisions on the white more door Empty Desisions on the white more door

Post by junkyardjeff April 18th 2009, 11:51 pm

Since I did not bid on the 40 Ford 2 door sedan in Florida I will most likely buy the 4 speed for the white 4 door tomorrow,the 302 thats in it just is not going to cut it with a 4 speed so something will have to be done to remedy that problem. I have a bellhousing and clutch parts for a FE but no mounts and I have mounts for a 460 but no stick bellhousing or clutch parts plus I dont want to change front springs so what ever I do will need to be smallblock based,so that only leaves me with only a stroker 351 with a 393 or 427 stroker kit and might happen somewhere in the future if I ever do this. The 302 I have in it is a good motor but it belongs in a girls car and it would be nice to have a sleeper that I can use as a daily driver and iffy weather old car so if nothing else comes up to distract me I might have to find a 351 block and send it out over a winter to be built. I wanted that 40 bad and it went for a real good price but I have no place to put it untill the wagon is sold,the way things go around here is now that I did not bid on the 40 someone will want the wagon and if I bid and got it I could not have sold it and I have given up on building another truck for now as I want a 40 and I need to advertise the wagon so I can have the room to put a 40 under cover if another good deal comes along.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Desisions on the white more door Empty Re: Desisions on the white more door

Post by junkyardjeff April 19th 2009, 10:37 pm

Just got home with the 4 speed so a bigger motor will happen in the future,there is a 351 cleveland 2 bbl motor next door but I was not thinking about using it because of the shorty headers I have on the 302 and wanted to get a 351-W but found there are adapters made to put windosr headers on a cleveland and the other way around. A cleveland will bolt in place of a widsor and uses the same flywheel so I will be doing some reseach on what I can do to it and the only part I will need to get that I dont have is a 4 bbl intake for 2 bbl heads,a cleveland will fill up that big engine compartment plus get me the power I want and I hope to get me some economy to use as a daily driver.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff May 1st 2009, 2:57 pm

I had been tossing around the idea of building a stroker motor for it but had found out that all of the budget priced stroker kits are made in china so I wont be buying internal motor parts made in china,I did find a alternative and thats a 400 motor. I heard rumors that the early 400s had a smallblock bellhousing bolt pattern and possibly smallblock mounts and found out that is true so in a couple weeks I am heading to the junkyard in Bryant Indiana to see if one can be found. The 400 came out in 71 with 290 HP and 400 FT pounds of torque and if it has the mounts and bellhousing bolt pattern I need it should move the 65 just fine with a mild cam a 4 bbl,I was told to look for one with a FMX trans and that means it will most likey be in a mis sized car so it will be a 72 to 74 and the HP will be down a little but I can bring it back up with a little work. No one could tell me if all the early 400s had the smallblock mounts and dual mount bolt pattern but the search will begin.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous May 1st 2009, 3:22 pm

They're now making Shotgun heads to fit a 460. Just get a pair of them and use a 460. There is no substitute for cubic inches.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down