{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks!

+3
big dogs 42
xycho_wraith
Navonda
7 posters

Go down

Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks! Empty Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks!

Post by Navonda February 21st 2009, 5:07 pm

I am telling anyone who will listen how Kerry handled a recent problem with my Elantra. My Elantra is my daily driver and I have to admit that with the amount of miles that I drive for work, the car is getting old. It has been a great car and I have no complaints about the car itself. I will eventually purchase another one. That said, let me describe the problem that I have had. Back in December, I was heading to Falmouth when the heater started blowing cold. I started watching the temp gauge and sure enough it started overheating. I managed to get it down to Kenny's garage before it hit red. I asked Kenny to change the thermostat which he did including the housing and gasket. The car continued to lose coolant at about a cup or two a day. Nothing bad, but it was a pain to check it every day. Well, in January when it hit 4 below, I checked the fluid and knocked the overflow tube off the side of the radiator (it was cold and brittle). Wanting the car fixed, I thought it best to take it to the dealer where it would be fixed right the first time. I explained to them that I broke that tube but that was not why I brought the car in. The radiator was only 10 months old and I had a warranty through the place where I bought it from. Kerry checked the car and called and quoted me 500 to fix the leak, change the radiator and it would be fine. Well, I don't have a lot of free time, so I agreed to let them go ahead and change the radiator and fix the leak so this would be over. I wanted that sense of security that it was fixed right and I would not break down alone in the middle of nowhere. We had that ice storm that week and I was unable to go get my car back for a week. When I did, my car was out front, the keys were missing and most of the ice was removed from it (the other cars there were still covered). Kenny said the car was warm when he got in and my full tank of gas was on empty Evil or Very Mad . I drove the car the next day to Florence and noticed that it was still blowing cold. I started checking the fluid and again, it was losing a cup or two a day. I took it back to Kerry again and they charged me a hundred dollars to change the thermostat and gasket again after letting it run for 2 hours trying to figure out where the leak was. This time, they verbally guaranteed that it was fixed. Again, I left and kept watching the fluid. Now it suddenly started losing a gallon a day of coolant! Evil or Very Mad I called them again (within 3 days of picking it up) and took it in again telling them I wanted my car fixed and I expected them to fix it for free this time. They called me the next day saying this time it is the water pump and wanted another 500 dollars to fix it. I told them no, and explained to them they guaranteed it was fixed. Their excuse was that I kept taking it between them and someone else who didn't know what they are doing. I explained to them that they are the only one to touch it since I started taking it there. They blamed me for driving it between "fixes" and stated, the car is old and I should expect this. Well, if they had told me up front the repairs would exceed twelve hundred dollars, I would have just said, well, show me a new car. John has my car down at Lori's garage and the water pump was 55 dollars. Just wanted to let everyone know how horrible Kerry in Alexandria treat their customers.
PS Kerry in Florence has been wonderful in the past. I should have stayed with them.
Navonda
Navonda
Scrounger

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks! Empty Re: Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks!

Post by xycho_wraith February 21st 2009, 8:07 pm

ill post my thoughts when im not sitting in my car and have time to read it

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks! Empty Re: Rant - Kerry Hyundai (alexandria) Sucks!

Post by big dogs 42 February 21st 2009, 9:35 pm

Maybe there is a new ford in your future Novnda you would look good in a new fusion and i have a plans avalible if your intrested if i can help let me know . In the past i have never had any luck with the Kerry automotive group they are so big they don't seem to care about their customers i deal with Fulller or Hage Ford and bought one at beechmont but i think kerry bought them too!! If you don't want a Ford try Tom Gill or superior chev i have good things about them. Whatever you chose i hope you at least consider a American Car or truck i know they say toyotas are made in georgetown but the bottom lime is the money winds up overseas . We can't buy a tv made in the us anymore are the people of this country wanting the auto industry to fold also ? the thing the jap car companys don't tell you is they sell them cheap but when they break they sock it too you!!!! I don't know how a vet of peral harbor could even buy one but i see it all the time. How easy we forget!!! Ill got off my soap box these are my views though am i wrong ? :pirat:

o
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 22nd 2009, 5:40 am

Kerry in Florence sucks too. That is where I bought the ol' ladies car from. It was ordered and I had a date that it was coming in. That day NO CAR!??? they said on the next truck ....NOPE! This went on for a while. I already had the deal done and signed the papers. This went on and on. Everyone kept saying that it will be on the next truck. I called a dealership in Ohio. I told them I already sign papers on a car. He told me to stop over. I went in and they had the same car with more options for a less price than I haggled Kerry down too. I told him what I gave and he said I'll sell this one to you for XXXX. CHEAPER!!! with more option. They called where the loan was from and they went on and on about how Kerry keeps screwing up. They ripped up Kerry's contract with me and told me they would cover the contract with the new dealer. Only thing with the new car was the color. I ordered a red one and got a blue one which I now know I like better. Kerry did call me back. They said WE HAVE GREAT NEWS!! Your car is in!! I was very happy and told them I was on my way to pick it up. I jumped in the car and went cruising. I guess after them calling 5 or 6 times and me never showing up they checked into it and found out they had a nice red car to sell some other sap.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 22nd 2009, 4:48 pm

Dog..........My father fought in the Asian theater in WWII. He would have never bought a Jap Trap. He almost ran my little brother out of the house for buying a Datsun 240Z back in '73. My dad did evential buy a Chevy and a Buick which suprised me. That was because the Ford dealer changed hands and he didn't get along with them. Your absolutely right about people forgetting.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 26th 2009, 5:21 pm

how is it now that john fixed it ? any better

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt March 10th 2009, 1:52 am

the car is fixed far as i know lol but hey i had some issues with them in alex too with rj car. he took it there and it needed to be there over night so i told them i would be out to get the stereo stuff out of the trunk, he ,the service manager, told me no no dont make a trip i will personally make sure it is locked up inside. wrong. next day they called him saying someone broke into it over night in the lot and stole the stereo equipment. well that is all i had to hear so out there i went and they hate me out there now, i made them pay for all new equipment and that was 600 bucks and replace his trunk lock and paint the trunk lid. we not been back there since but i made such a scene in the waiting room that day they probably dont want me out there lol
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd29 March 27th 2009, 2:35 am

this isnt the first time I have heard of issues with them. Esp since I was in the car business for 7 years, trust me I have heard my fair share about them!!!
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-03-27

https://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/vettespd93/1949%20Ford%2

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 27th 2009, 6:55 pm

i was right in the mid of this they suck

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down