{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quaker Steak & Lube Road Rally, Sunday May 18th

+2
Blue Eyed Devil
RALLYMAN
6 posters

Go down

Quaker  Steak  &  Lube  Road  Rally,  Sunday  May  18th Empty Quaker Steak & Lube Road Rally, Sunday May 18th

Post by RALLYMAN May 15th 2008, 11:09 pm

Quaker Steak & Lube in Milford, Ohio is sponsoring a 62 mile road rally on Sunday May 18th. Takes about 3 1/2 hours to complete the road course. Registration begins at 10:00 am, drivers meeting 10:45 am, road rally begins at 11:00 am. Entry fee $30.00 pre-registered, $40.00 day of the event. Details:

The Quaker Run Road Rally
Sunday May 18, 2008
Sponsored by Quaker Steak & Lube this rural road tour is specifically designed for the road warriors of our cruise-ins. You built your car to drive, now take a real cruise with other car guys on a 62 mile drive through some of the best roads in Clermont County. Space is limited!
WHO: Sponsored by Quaker Steak & Lube, this road rally is open to all street legal vehicles. 50 vehicles maximum.
ENTRY FEE: $30.00 per vehicle pre-registered, $40.00 day of the road rally.
WHEN: Sunday, May 18, 2008
WHERE: The road rally begins and ends at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Milford, Ohio. Take I- 275 to the Milford Parkway Exit (Exit # 59). Head west on Milford Parkway for approximately 1/2 mile and turn left at the first traffic light onto Chamber Drive. We are about 1/4 mile down on the left.
TIME: Registration begins at 10:00 am. Drivers meeting at 10:45 am. Rally begins at 11:00 am sharp.
COURSE: Road course is approximately 62 miles long. Will take about 3 1/2 hours to complete. 3 Pit Stops. The course will take the well paved back roads through some of the most scenic areas of Clermont County. Course includes historic bridges, historic churches and the chance to drive your beast with the best on the road.
WHAT TO BRING: Bottled water, snacks, and a full tank of gas. You must be at least 18 years old to be a driver, posses a valid drivers license and bring proof of automobile insurance. Drivers license and insurance card must be current! Vehicle registration will not be accepted. Prizes will be awarded after the road rally at 3:00 pm to the top 3 teams by Quaker Steak & Lube, the sponsor of this road rally. No alcoholic beverages, no pets and no hot rodding permitted. Consuming an alcoholic beverage before or during the rally will result in immediate disqualification and no refund.
TO REGISTER: Call 812-623-5727

RALLYMAN
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Quaker  Steak  &  Lube  Road  Rally,  Sunday  May  18th Empty Re: Quaker Steak & Lube Road Rally, Sunday May 18th

Post by Blue Eyed Devil May 16th 2008, 2:04 am

RALLYMAN wrote:no hot rodding permitted.

Ok I'm out...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Quaker  Steak  &  Lube  Road  Rally,  Sunday  May  18th Empty Re: Quaker Steak & Lube Road Rally, Sunday May 18th

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 16th 2008, 1:52 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:
RALLYMAN wrote:no hot rodding permitted.

Ok I'm out...
That, and it's a little rich for my blood. I don't think I could drive that long without shooting fire. That's probably not welcomed either.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RALLYMAN May 16th 2008, 3:53 pm

I thought you guys would enjoy something like this as it's a lot like your Rabbit Hash Cruise. In addition to the drive there is a scavenger hunt involved along with a series of questions about the road course which is how you gain points to win prizes at the end.

When I saw your posting on other websites about the Rabbit Hash Cruise I was impressed to see a car club that enjoys driving their cars! Some clubs are just for show cars that are never really driven.

If you guys like driving on back country roads, you need to try this out just once. You could even put 4 guys in one car to cut down on the entry fee and gas. When you get to the finish line let me know what you think. For the families in this club, the road rallies are very family oriented and the kids actually enjoy it more than the adults. By the way, it's not unusual to get a couple of all women teams competing in these rallies!

For details on how the rallies are conducted, go to: http://www.scenicroadrallies.com/events.asp?show=upcoming and click on "Brochure for 2008".

RALLYMAN
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew May 16th 2008, 4:45 pm

There are a few of us on the board that like stuff like this. I for one would love to do it. I would try to make it if I could but I have my gas tank out and the entire back half of my car cut off. Keep posting your events and hopefully we can make one or two.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous May 16th 2008, 5:08 pm

Did a few rallys about forty years ago with a friend in his Corvette. Always had fun till the time we got lost and in trying to make up time, we sorta waded (or broke up) his Corvette when we missed a curve. Pretty hard to explain a DNF in a timed (under the speed limit) event. QED
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun May 18th 2008, 7:26 am

Too bad.....this is my neck of the woods. I know the roads very well...............BUT.....I have to work. And we can always check on that old hot rod in the woods......IT MIGHT BE MINE SOON...STAY TUNED.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down