{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Got my Temps

4 posters

Go down

Finally Got my Temps Empty Finally Got my Temps

Post by 6-71Kid October 14th 2007, 1:04 am

Well I finally got my temp so I can start riding. Yesterday I got off work early So I went and got ensurence on my bike then went to the BMV I swear it was fun, Wink yea right. Actually it didn't go to bad. But by the time I got done with all my running around I had to go to school.

This morning when I got up I read over the little motorcycle rule book so I could pass the test. I then got to the Exam place about 11:30 took my test, Got a 36 out of 40. cheers After I got Home I had some stuff to do so I didn't get a chance to ride till about 2pm. So I go out and check over the bike. I had to fix a turn signal, forgot to plug it in. When I went to start it The motor had a hard time turning over. I had been messing with some of the light last weekend that I had just wore the battery down no big deal It will charge up after I start riding. Now on to the ride.

I started out and it was acting slugish so pulled over to the side of the road to push the connector back in to the coils. they have a tendency to wiggle out I got to figure a way to keep them in. When I go to start it again. It wouldn't turn over so I decied to kick start it. This should have been my first sign that the bike wasn't charging. but I figured I hadn't gone very far so I decied to ride for a little longer. About fifteen minutes later the bike stalls at a stop sign. So I had to kickstart it again I'm thinking I sould probally head home, but gest as I'm about to pull on to my street I think that the bike running pretty good and I can make one more lap around the block. For the next part you need to know the layout of my neigborhood. My house is at the top of a hill and I decied to ride down the Hill. I got to the bottom made the turn and was starting to come back up and when the bike started to lose power. Look at the indicator lights on my bike and realize there extremely dim and I'm at the bottom of a hill. So I decide to try and kick start it again. When I finally get it to start I have to keep the rpm up to keep it from dying but I also got to pick up my helmet. I decied to put it back on my head so I got to take my glasses off to put my helmet back on. Well I set them on my seat and as I put Helmet on I let the rpm dropoff and the bike dies. Well I set my helmet down as I'm doing that my glasses slid of the seat and fell in to the storm drain right next to me. Luckly I was able to lift off the cover and get my glasses. So I finally decied to push my bike up the hill my 800 pound bike.

So now my bike is at my brothers charging off of a battery charger. And I got to figure out why it's not charging.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Finally Got my Temps Empty Re: Finally Got my Temps

Post by RebStew October 14th 2007, 4:05 am

poor Cole. congrats on getting your temps. you should track down the guy that sold you that thing and give him a smack. you will get it figured out. so how did you feel when it was running?? good? I thought so.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid October 14th 2007, 5:20 am

It was an absolute blast.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod October 14th 2007, 5:55 am

congrates cole sounds like a fun day ...lol
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff October 21st 2007, 12:57 am

I had the motorcycle temps three times before I got the endorsment,at the last time I set up a appointment for the test and take a small cycle to take the test. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down