{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally did the UnThInKaBlE

4 posters

Go down

Finally did the UnThInKaBlE Empty Finally did the UnThInKaBlE

Post by RsvBill February 6th 2009, 1:53 am

Well I finally bought an American made Automobile.

Well they say it is........ Truth of the matter is this, Chrysler the cry babies who cant make money but can take VP vacations and fly private jets..... Of did I mention it's 100% all American ??? lol here is the tale

If ever there was an all-American product, it is the storied Jeep Wrangler. But the $2.1 billion (about [euro]1.6 billion) Toledo Supplier Park, where the redesigned 2007 Wrangler is being built, is a global melting pot that breaks with industry norms at every turn.

Kuka Flexible Production Systems of Germany runs the body shop. Canadian-Austrian conglomerate Magna Steyr is in charge of the paint shop. Korea's Hyundai Mobis makes the chassis modules.

So other than OUT sourcing ALL parts, PAINT and um employees I guess it is ASSEMBLED in the USA......

So the final Skinny I did my part, no it's up to Obama......

The Toyota will stay in the family but Sarah and I welcomed a 2009 Jeep Wrangler.......... After months of searching , comparing, and taking all angles into consideration I landed on a Jeep Wrangler........

See ya next month with my latest gripe

Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Finally did the UnThInKaBlE Empty Re: Finally did the UnThInKaBlE

Post by RustyKarr February 6th 2009, 2:00 am

One of the thing that I dislike about the redesigned Wranglers is the fact that a V6 is the new powerplant. They may have more horsepower but not the longevity and torque of the ol' straight 6. I've not driven/ridden in a new one yet. Did you get the 4 door version? Rubicon? Sahara? Details and pics please. Do we see a lift and mud tires in the near future?

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 6th 2009, 2:29 am

My beautiful wife has had the previous 05 Wrangler and currently has the new 4 door version. I miss the torque of the 05 inliner,but the ride and drivability of the new design is great no more top heavy feeling (she hated that) rides smoother than most 4wd due to the longer wheel base and wider stance and being the 4 door hardtop it is great for the kids to get in and out of. Plus she is able to take out the removable front tops by her self and have that convertable feeling that she always liked to have but hated to do with the previous one....You'll love it Bill.. P.S. I still did'nt remove that steering wheel Bill..... ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 6th 2009, 2:41 am

i never liked jeeps but a mounth or so b4 i got layed off i drove one that they took in on trade a v6 5spd lifted 33s and i gotta say i really fell 4 it quick 4 a 6 to ....... so congrads

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill February 6th 2009, 3:31 am

RustyKarr wrote:One of the thing that I dislike about the redesigned Wranglers is the fact that a V6 is the new powerplant. They may have more horsepower but not the longevity and torque of the ol' straight 6. I've not driven/ridden in a new one yet. Did you get the 4 door version? Rubicon? Sahara? Details and pics please. Do we see a lift and mud tires in the near future?

2 door Flame Red, dana 44 rear, dana 40 front 6 speed. soft top but in process of getting hard top.

Wheels/ Tires, Small Lift and or Level kit. Wench not counting the wife..... lots mud

I have always had a love for Jeeps while serving in Army was home on leave driving a friends CJ up hwy 27. the hood flew up about 70 mph. broken forearm. 3 fence post to follow. scared the shit out of me.

now is my time for another toy. I made a deal with the wife to put the Olds on hold for the next few months. that works for me/...... no more bikes to drag me away. so here we go. Pictures to be posted
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 6th 2009, 6:39 am

i did the hood thing on 27 also some guy named junebug didnt shut my firebird hood and i didnt know made me real mad..

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down