{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot times

2 posters

Go down

Hot times Empty Hot times

Post by dieseldr June 29th 2014, 1:03 pm

Well, got our stuff in a pile and went to the annual "Pioneer oil days" cruise in, in Bolivar NY yesterday. rubbed a shine on the ol' 54, and took the half hour drive down. They close the main drag through town, detour traffic, and let us "car folk" run amuck for 5 hours. about 120 cars, pickups, and bikes showed up- from Model T fords, to chevelles and chevy II's, mustangs, super bees, and an AMX to boot. Always a good time, great food, and super friends gathered up and shootin' the breeze. They plan it around the local high schools alumni activities, so it is common to see the occasional "reunion" handshake, and old time school buddies harrassing the crap out of each other. But boy, was it hot this year! Upper 80's for temp, and the humidity was terrible. We got stuck (if you want to call it that) in a section of the downtown district that had no trees, and no buildings tall enough to provide any shade. Hid our chairs around the corner of the bank building to get some relief, but the heat still kicked my butt.....still paying for it this morning. They say that once you've experienced heat stroke the first time, it comes on faster from that point on- I'm starting to believe that. Got hit hard with it in the mid 90's, and summers just haven't been the same since..... don't think I could live in the south.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Hot times Empty Re: Hot times

Post by Reb Stew June 29th 2014, 5:11 pm

The heat is bad enough for me but beating sun is what does me in. I just can stay in it. I feel like I'm baking.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr June 29th 2014, 5:27 pm

I would have to agree with you on that one- I also think back that I was once taking an antibiotic that advised the patient about a reaction if exposed to the sun while taking- that it would cause a severe rash, reaction, and possible respiratory distress. Can't remember what it was, but it might be what contributes to it as well- I got stuck in a situation while taking it that I was in the sun for a while, and I turned red as a beet.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 29th 2014, 5:33 pm

My pills say not to be exposed to any sun on them. Blood pressure pills.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr June 30th 2014, 4:26 am

I guess that is becoming more popular lately- the stay out of the sun thing with meds. I've never been on blood pressure pills, so it couldn't have been that. It might have been cipro, or sulfa. I know I'm terribly allergic to sulfa, but I think that is more due to respiratory distress, whatever. My doc has the record on it, so I guess he will keep me off it, whatever it is.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down