{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric.

+4
falconwagon62
Nanook
EdgeGT
Reb Stew
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric. Empty WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric.

Post by Reb Stew June 17th 2014, 7:28 pm

Eric runs the Pep Boys Speedshop in Florence, Ky. Just wanted to give you a heads up and to be careful when dealing with him. He talked to me about joining the club. I refused at first when a member was telling me he said he use to be a member of the Road Devils CC. As some know I have close friends in that club. I called. They never heard of him. A year goes by and he talks to me again about joining the club. I let it ride once again until the Thornhill Dragstrip wanted our help. Eric offered up some great deals to help out the track. I told some members this may be a chance to see if Eric was worth the effort. We made him a prospect. Sad to say that I found out later he was using the club for his own step up in sales or foot holds in the door with friends of the club. I found out he was telling people he was in the Scroungers Car Club long before he was even a prospect. He also let the track down on many levels to where Gary had to go over his head to get things that were promised. I let this ride and figured we would just run his prospect stage into the ground. He used us to make money so why not take some back for club members. He talked of discounts but I never got one nor did many people in the club. There was talk of cards or coupons but nothing ever happened. That's fine. Within the last 3 months I have been asked about this guy a number of times and told bad stuff. Today I get a PM from one of the officers of our club letting me know that they were slammed with complaints about this guy taking their money for parts and then the parts not showing up. These are non club member that came to us. Came to the club complaining about this guy. One reason why they would. When you lay with a dog with fleas you are going to start itching yourself. It makes me mad that this guy is using the club to promote sales to others and then not coming through.
As of now Eric has no reason to say anything about the Scroungers CC to anyone. If anyone hears of anything with him where he is using the club or members to gain money or to make any kind of sales or any connections with other people please let me know so we can step up the disconnect from this guy. The club will not allow others to be screwed out of money while they think this guy is connected to us. Even so much as another issue and he will be made into what he is to everyone in public in front of everyone. It's not every day we have issues like this but we can't have people using the club to screw other people. If you buy from him be careful! DO NOT GIVE HIM MONEY UP FRONT OR YOU MAY LOOSE IT.

Also at this time we are banning him from the forum and all the FaceBook accounts the club has. If anyone has had issues with this guy having to do with the club feel free to PM me and talk to me about it. I will do my best to help.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric. Empty Re: WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric.

Post by EdgeGT June 17th 2014, 8:08 pm

I have dealt with Mark from the Eastgate Pepboys speed shop on a weekly basis and he has been a huge help. If you tell him you're part of the Scroungers he will cash you out and give you 10% off. Only once has he not been able to. I can't personally speak for Eric, but if you're in my neck of the woods and stop in, Mark isn't like that.
EdgeGT
EdgeGT
Scrounger

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-03-23

https://www.facebook.com/david.hillii.16

Back to top Go down

WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric. Empty Re: WARNING~ pepboys speedshop His name is Eric.

Post by Reb Stew June 17th 2014, 8:21 pm

Good deal!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 17th 2014, 9:02 pm

EdgeGT wrote:I have dealt with Mark from the Eastgate Pepboys speed shop on a weekly basis and he has been a huge help. If you tell him you're part of the Scroungers he will cash you out and give you 10% off. Only once has he not been able to. I can't personally speak for Eric, but if you're in my neck of the woods and stop in, Mark isn't like that.

Thanks for the heads-up! If I am up that way I'd be happy to give Mark my hard-earned $$.

Steve, I am sorry to hear of this. I met up with Eric about 3 months ago and did not get any shifty or funny vibe from him at all. I was considering getting my parts for Shelly's TA build as he offered the 10% off. But things got kinda tight so we held off for now until it's time to get the head bolts and head gaskets.

I will make sure to do what I can to keep our name from being drug thru the mud on this, sir. Quite frankly this blows all around. Please let me know if I can do anything to help, sir.

Sincerely,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 June 17th 2014, 9:23 pm

I knew he was full of poop when I got 2 13" tires at Eastgate, from Jeff...then he said he would order me 6 more in then......weeks go by....I text, call. Email. NOTHING.....then after 2 months, he said he couldn't get them.......what a imposter......
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 17th 2014, 10:09 pm

Nanook wrote:
EdgeGT wrote:I have dealt with Mark from the Eastgate Pepboys speed shop on a weekly basis and he has been a huge help. If you tell him you're part of the Scroungers he will cash you out and give you 10% off. Only once has he not been able to. I can't personally speak for Eric, but if you're in my neck of the woods and stop in, Mark isn't like that.

Thanks for the heads-up!  If I am up that way I'd be happy to give Mark my hard-earned $$.  

Steve, I am sorry to hear of this.  I met up with Eric about 3 months ago and did not get any shifty or funny vibe from him at all.  I was considering getting my parts for Shelly's TA build as he offered the 10% off.  But things got kinda tight so we held off for now until it's time to get the head bolts and head gaskets.

I will make sure to do what I can to keep our name from being drug thru the mud on this, sir.  Quite frankly this blows all around.  Please let me know if I can do anything to help, sir.

Sincerely,

Lee
We still get great deals at Advance in Newport. Any Advance really but Jenny in Newport goes that extra mile. Go to the back and let her know you want to use the scroungers commercial account. She will take care of you.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 17th 2014, 10:28 pm

AH yes I forgot about Miss Jenny at Advance! Thanks for the reminder. Craig and the guys at Cincy Speed have done me right too in the past.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl June 17th 2014, 11:34 pm

Randy can get good prices at O'riellys too!  Just let him know!
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 17th 2014, 11:41 pm

extenzegrl wrote:Randy can get good prices at O'riellys too!  Just let him know!

Which O'Reillys, Heather? I live about two miles from the one on US25 near Mahar Drive.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 18th 2014, 3:14 am

Well I am sorry to hear of the trouble Steve. I was already VERY suspicious of him for the reasons we discussed early on, but I was hoping it might have been some miscommunication. Guess my gut wasn't wrong. It just goes to show the kind of people you have to deal with when it comes to strangers wanting in a club of friends. I always question the motive. Friends make the club a family - strangers make it a patch on your back...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 18th 2014, 6:19 am

Benny you are very right my brother! I was hoping I was wrong but I wasn't. Sometimes I try to give human nature a chance and then I wonder what I was thinking. It's all good. At least we now know.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 18th 2014, 6:29 am

Steve, I've restricted him on my Friends list on FB so that I can keep an eye out if he says anything in public on FB about the situation or about the club or any of our members. If I read/see something I will let you know immediately so that it can be handled.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 18th 2014, 2:20 pm

Thanks.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl June 18th 2014, 6:48 pm

Lee Either 25 or 42.. It is work account and it is usually Cheaper than Auto Zone. Maybe we should look into a club account there. Granted it isn't a speed shop... lol
Just be cafeful at the whole Florence store the customer service sucks.
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 18th 2014, 10:10 pm

extenzegrl wrote:Lee Either 25 or 42.. It is work account and it is usually Cheaper than Auto Zone. Maybe we should look into a club account there. Granted it isn't a speed shop... lol
Just be cafeful at the whole Florence store the customer service sucks.

Okay thanks for the heads-up for the store locations! Sorry to hear that the Florence store has lousy customer service. I was in the Rt.42 store once last summer and it was fine. The folks at the US25 store are pretty nice to work with.

Thanks,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 21st 2014, 3:24 pm

I did a little digging on this guy. I found out more than I really wanted to know. He's a work of art. I talked to a few people about some of the stuff he told me and it was lie after lie. I won't bore you with all of it. One of my biggest issues that is pushing my buttons is that he pushed his BS toward a military back ground. A couple of times when we were talking he brought up Vietnam. He never came straight out to me and said he was in the war but he talk about "his brothers" while talking about it. This would come up when he was talking to me about doing car shows and money going to Wounded Warriors. There were a few times, almost every time we talked he would bring something up about the military. HE NEVER SAID HE WAS IN but he talked like he was. Then I talked to a few other people and I told them there was something strange about him. They would say it was due to war issues. The quirks he had I could see how it did seem like others I knew that was in Vietnam but something still wasn't right. Even Gary at the track told me he thought his strange manners is from where he was in 'Nam.

After all this stuff blew up I started digging. I seen he was not as old as I thought he was. Fact is if he was in Vietnam the last year he would have only been 10 years old. So all the talk about his brothers in Vietnam could have been BS. Brothers? Okay maybe he was in the service while we wasn't at war or maybe Desert Storm? Guess what. Unless he has sealed records and people VERY, VERY close doesn't know, he was never in any branch of the service. Not even ROTC.

I don't ask people if they were in when they talk to me. I feel if they want me to know they can tell me. It's no big deal to me either way BUT one thing that will make me mad enough to confront you about your bull crap is to say you served when you didn't. The respect I have for the men and woman that served is beyond what most shitters of the world can even comprehend. For a person who never served and to say they have just to try to make them feel like they are something they are not only make me feel like they are putting a black eye on the amount of respect I have for people who did serve. People who do this is the lowest form of scum in my eyes and I know there are only one or two that have seen me loose my cool in public but I'm not one to take things lightly on this issue. All in all when I see Eric again I can only hope that I have cooled off a bit. For his sake if nothing else and as some know I don't care if it is in a private place, in front off 200 people or even in the middle of a police station with 20 cops standing there I'll call you out on your BS in front of whoever is there.

I normally don't ask things like this. Live and let live BUT I urge anyone who reads this to tell whoever they know not to deal with this guy.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook June 21st 2014, 3:37 pm

Thanks for the extra diggin' and the update, Steve. That's a very pathetic thing to fake your enlistment/service. Unreal the level of some.

Disgusted,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ June 22nd 2014, 11:54 am

I usually do not make a comment about anyone. Being I am not here to judge anyone, that is left to our beholder. However, I am shocked and sadden that someone that I thought was a friend, would use the Military to enhance their own goals. I do not broadcast my own prior Military exploits, being it's difficult to talk about and the nightmares are more than I can bare. That being said, I will pray for Eric to be a better person in life and hope that he will not use the Armed Forces to build his own agenda.

SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 22nd 2014, 5:09 pm

Just got this in a PM I take it he was buying parts through PM's on here from what he and others have said.

"Hey Steve

I had my own run in with this guy, believe it or XXX XXXXX XX XX He was posting on the site that he was an AMC racer and that he was looking for parts. I asked him if he wanted or needed an AMC T-10 trans. He allowed he did. I slapped a price of $250 on it, he was enthused about it, said he would send me a pick up tag for shipping, and paypal info. I don't do paypal, so told him to send a check when he got around, and that I would wait for the pickup order. I'm still waiting, and that was 2 months ago.Glad I didn't ship it on my dime, I would be out the freight, and the trans I suspect. It was funny how it all was moving so briskly, then it all came to a halt- the texts stopped, the calls and emails stopped. I didn't want to say anything or do anything on the site, cuz I am not going to be judgemental of someone- who knows, maybe someone in his family was suddenly sick or injured for whatever reason. I just brushed it off at the time... Now I see this on the forum. Funny how life kicks your (BEEP) sometimes, and the whole world figgers you out. Thank you all for bringing up the topic, now I know it wasn't just me."
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 22nd 2014, 5:09 pm

Eric Tungate you are a work of art.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 28th 2014, 5:15 am

I met Mark from the Eastgate Pep Boys Speed Shop tonight. I didn't get to talk to him too much but he seems like a really nice guy. I will try to get over to the store to talk with him more about the speed shop over there. I would like to be able to have a safe place for our club and friends to work with when we get parts.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgeGT June 29th 2014, 2:41 am

Shame Mark was busy and couldn't talk longer, but he is a super nice guy, and knows what he's talking about. I've met some employees at other stores that would try to find headlight fluid for a 2018 Civic lol
EdgeGT
EdgeGT
Scrounger

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-03-23

https://www.facebook.com/david.hillii.16

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 29th 2014, 6:55 am

Very Happy 
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper June 30th 2014, 2:16 pm

We have an O'Reillys here in Stevens Point, WI as well. I set up a business account with them and it really pays off. The owner/manager of the store must have felt pity on a poor lawncare guy with some old cars trying to fix them up lol! On most parts there is a substantial discount! I just bought some belts normally would have come out to around $140.00 with the discount I paid a little over $58.00.
Not to sound like I am pushing one brand over another we have an Auto zone in town as well that is exceptionally friendly and very helpful as well!  As a matter of fact the store manager actually helped me rebuild the 3 on the tree for my Biscayne and helped me recondition my carb as well !  Guess I am just lucky to live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and for the most part is still concerned with what people think of their morals and  values.

Thumper
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 30th 2014, 3:16 pm

Thumper wrote:  Guess I am just lucky to live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and for the most part is still concerned with what people think of their morals and  values.
You are a lucky man. That is the way it was here not long ago but not now.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next