{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

WARNING!!!!! Empty WARNING!!!!!

Post by Chris55 January 9th 2014, 9:33 pm

DO NOT install Avast 2014 on your computer, it will install a new browser called SAFEZONE and it is not compatible with most websites (like ours and youtube) one installed there seems to be no way to uninstall. When you install 2014, it DOES NOT ask you if you want to install safezone. It is suppose to be for safety while banking or making online purchases. However it does not allow you to post pictures to most websites, not does it work with adobe flash player. (like youtube uses) Been on the line with tech support (ya right) all day with no results. Will post the fix when I find out what it is, just incase someone else gets stuck with this POS.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

WARNING!!!!! Empty Re: WARNING!!!!!

Post by Reb Stew January 9th 2014, 11:20 pm

stinks
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 10th 2014, 12:41 am

A sure way to "convince" somebody they need something- promise them "online security". 99% of the stuff that shows up on my laptop that promises "enhanced security" gets deleted. I would prefer it melt down from an actual malicious source, than from something "engineered to prevent it". Just no limit these days to the sources trying to destroy your equipment.These devices were devised to make our lives easier, and give us more spare time and convenience. I still bank, shop, etc the old fashioned way, for two reasons- one because I want that personal experience provided from an actual purchasing experience, and secondly because technology and I aren't the best of friends.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 10th 2014, 12:48 am

More than likely it's set up for company use if it's something from his wife's company. Most places set up like that to keep workers off sites they are not allowed on while working besides safety.

Last edited by Reb Stew on January 10th 2014, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 10th 2014, 12:50 am

If buying computer security software in the store is so expensive, you have to ask yourself how can they give you free downloads on line. Simple, it's the things they get from you. I can't prove it, but I'd bet that they sell off a lot of information they glean from your browsing history their "security" program.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 10th 2014, 1:52 am

Reb Stew wrote:More than likely it's set up for company use if it's something from his wife's company. Most places set up like that to keep workers off sites they are not allowed on while working besides safety.

My wife works at a local high school- they just put a filter on their server to keep them from going "astray" on vogue websites. Put there more because of the kids, not the faculty and staff. Hard to get things done sometimes.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down