{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think the aluminum intake curse has came back

Go down

I think the aluminum intake curse has came back Empty I think the aluminum intake curse has came back

Post by junkyardjeff April 14th 2013, 5:21 am

Never had any good luck with aluminum intakes,the first one I bought for my 65 custom 500 was used and junk so I bought a new intake and the motor started using oil so now the aluminum intake on the 66 f250 is leaking. That motor never idled smooth so its probably been leaking since installed so I am thinking about going back to a factory cast iron intake if I can find one with the regular Holley bolt pattern,about half the bolts come straight up and I think they came with studs from the factory so they will go back on so the gasket wont slip. I have a factory intake for the 65 when it comes back apart to fix the valve guide that is noisy.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down