{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

work (learning) sessions

5 posters

Go down

work (learning) sessions Empty work (learning) sessions

Post by RebStew March 3rd 2008, 6:19 am

one thing I miss about the club is the work sessions we had. you learn a lot from these. if you know anything or everything then you can show the ones of us that don't know how to do it. I hope we can start this again when it gets warmer. Chad and his brother came down tonight. Chad was screwing around with the english wheel for a while and then something was said about learning to weld. he has never messed with a mig. it only took a second and I had the helmet out and a few scraps vised together for him to play with. he messed around a few minutes getting the feel of it and then starting sticking scraps together. I let him play for about 10 minutes and then grabbed the bolt cutter and started cutting some round stock. within 15 minutes of welding he had already made his first work of art. it's mounted to the rounded sheet metal he was playing with on the english wheel. he even sign his name in it with the welder. this is by no means a work of art that someone will pay 100K for but I think for welding for 15 minutes or less he did pretty good. I'm not trying to make Chad feel funny but I myself got a kick out of it. we need to start helping each other out on stuff like we use to and teach a few 101 things and maybe we may learn something too. if anyone wants to do something they have never done don't be a shamed to ask. If I can do it I will show you, if not I will find someone who can. with a little practice I think Chad will be an A-1 welder in no time. he picked up the basics very fast.
work (learning) sessions Picture1230

work (learning) sessions Picture1231
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

work (learning) sessions Empty learning

Post by big dogs 42 March 3rd 2008, 6:37 am

Chad not to bad for a rookie I would be glad help you guys but according to Mr. faboulos i m no help at all Laughing Hey seriously anything i know I'm willing to teach to others so feel free to pick my brain what little i have but dont take it all OK. Very Happy Oh Yea i know how to work on chebbys also affraid Even jeeps Very Happy and ramblers
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

work (learning) sessions Empty Re: work (learning) sessions

Post by Lady rebel March 3rd 2008, 7:22 pm

That was alot of fun just watching Chad weld the little person together. Are you sure you've never welded before? Chad's brother didn't want to try. He said he'd leave all the maintenance work for Chad.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 3rd 2008, 10:33 pm

I actually had fun doing that and it was cool as hell. Even though it didn't look the best, it worked. One thing that i thought was cool was writing my name in cursive, i had that down.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 3rd 2008, 10:41 pm

big dogs 42 wrote: but according to Mr. faboulos i m no help at all Laughing

lol! lol!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire