{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!!

+3
RsvBill
Cratethis
RebStew
7 posters

Go down

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! Empty WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by RebStew October 31st 2008, 11:06 pm

We have two work sessions going on.

1~ SUNDAY the 2nd...(RsvBill)Bill is stripping down an S10 and needs help. Starts at 1 pm. He lives at 10657 Kelsey Drive
Independence KY 41051
cell 859-57-9927

2~ (ON HOLD FOR NOW!)MONDAY the 3rd... at 2 pm we will be pulling a motor out of a 60's Olds for (Cratethis)Benjamin Moore's Olds. The car is in Ohio but we are taking my 4 door truck up so you can meet me at my house at 1:30 if you want to go.
We need some help so show your club spirit and help turn some bolts. Very Happy

If you have any questions you can call me. I'll be driving out in the truck to both places so if you want to ride with me you are more than welcome to.

Last edited by RebStew on November 3rd 2008, 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! Empty UPDATE ON #2...

Post by Cratethis November 2nd 2008, 1:18 am

UPDATE on #2...

I have another lead on a motor that will require a lot less work getting. It is a few dollars more, so I will have to wait a bit to get it. The motor is already out of the car and has what I need. They owner is willing to let me put some money on the motor to hold it.

Thanks to anyone who was considering helping me on Monday! Hope to see a lot of you there Sunday afternoon.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! Empty Re: WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by RsvBill November 2nd 2008, 3:51 am

So as a heads up, My air compressor is a aniler style runs an impact and air ratchet thats about all, but thats the air tools I DO NOT HAVE here. ...... If you have an Impact wrench or Air Ratchet feel free to bring it..... I have a ton of hand tools and multiples. 1pm fun begins, will make a descision if you guys/gals want pizza, burgers or what.

Simple directions 75 south get off Mt Zion Exit, turn left. Stay straight till you cross US 25 ( Look for the UDF ) Keep going straight Mt Zion turns into Bristow Rd. GO about 1.2 moile you will see a 3 way Intersection stay straight ( right ) You will then take the first road on the right HOGREFEE then your 2nd road on the left KELSEY... My house is the 6th house on the left 10657 Look for the American Flag in front yard....... Jacksonville has Practice at 1pm here in Cincinnati Oh, Will be on the radio.

Feel Free to call

Home 859-525-1757
Cell 859-547-9927
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! Empty Re: WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 2:41 pm

As it stands for now the mondy work session is canceled unless someone else needs a hand?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr November 2nd 2008, 3:56 pm

I should be able to stop out. I've been working on my Cummins this weekend :!:

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 2nd 2008, 6:18 pm

I'm heading out to Bill. I hope to see some of you guys there.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill November 2nd 2008, 11:23 pm

Steve, Corey, Riggs, Benjermin?, Dennis.........

Guys I thank you very much for roling around in the oil, gas, spit, and piss.....

We were able to tear some stuff up and make some new ideas. I think Corey got some pics..... Again thanks guys I really appericiate it.!

I will be at your crib soon.....
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr November 3rd 2008, 1:54 am

I wanted to stop out but with nice weather and 5 vehicles I was stuck work on my truck all day.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 3rd 2008, 3:00 am

RustyKarr wrote:I wanted to stop out but with nice weather and 5 vehicles I was stuck work on my truck all day.
That's all part of it. Work sessions with a group of guys working can get ten times the stuff done as one person. Should have stopped out. Next time it could have been a work session at your garage. Work sessions is kind of a "you scratch my back and I'll scatch yours kind of thing."

Next work session will be at my house on Saturday. The Falcon needs to get finished before spring. I hope some guys can make it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 3rd 2008, 3:47 am

Bills dad's car
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3695
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3696
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3700
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3699
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3698
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 3rd 2008, 3:48 am

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3701
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3702
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3706
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3707
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 3rd 2008, 3:49 am

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3708
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3709
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3710
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3712
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 3rd 2008, 3:51 am

WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3713
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3714

Here what he's getting ready to clip
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3705
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3704
WORK SESSIONS~ Saturday. HELP NEEDED!!! DSCF3703
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr November 4th 2008, 3:45 am

RebStew wrote:
RustyKarr wrote:I wanted to stop out but with nice weather and 5 vehicles I was stuck work on my truck all day.
That's all part of it. Work sessions with a group of guys working can get ten times the stuff done as one person. Should have stopped out. Next time it could have been a work session at your garage. Work sessions is kind of a "you scratch my back and I'll scatch yours kind of thing."

Next work session will be at my house on Saturday. The Falcon needs to get finished before spring. I hope some guys can make it.

I know but had to do mine on that day. I'll be lending a hand sometime this winter.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 4th 2008, 3:03 pm

Gasser Saturday is getting close. Big Dog said he'd buy the gear oil. Anyone willing to get the gasket?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 November 4th 2008, 4:26 pm

RebStew wrote:Gasser Saturday is getting close. Big Dog said he'd buy the gear oil. Anyone willing to get the gasket?
I thought the Falcon boys were checking into a big 9" (gasket)
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 4th 2008, 5:43 pm

With 30 + members it just seems to me someone in the club would spend a couple bucks to get it. Maybe I'm wrong? I'm hoping some more interest will come with the cold weather than we have had with the gasser this summer. I ask everyone at the last meeting if we should keep it and fix it or sell it and everyone said keep it. I think it's a great club project but more than 2 people are gonna have to step up and make this happen. I've spent some few hundred or more on the gasser and just can't justify spending any more cash on it unless I get some help.
Don't get mad, I don't want to come off harsh on the project but I'd love to see this thing running on the open road. We just need some more club participation going on.
HELP!
Falcon Club is always welcome to anything we do. It would be nice to see some of them at the work session if they are free. But I hope the club will pull together and get the work done. The work session at Bills house the other night made me understand how bad we need these things. We got 2 days worth of work done in 2 hours with the extra hands.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 4th 2008, 5:47 pm

I'll get the gasket
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 4th 2008, 6:01 pm

Thank you very much Cole.
Work session starts at 1 pm guys Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 5th 2008, 2:13 am

I sure hope this takes off a few of us have an investment in it, not a huge investment in this but money and time that could have been put into our own cars...I will try to make it down for this weekend session..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 8th 2008, 12:03 am

It's a go. I hope everyone can make it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 8th 2008, 12:28 am

I change my mine just sell it to me.. Or maybe I will just tow it away and sell it on the HAMB, and bitch to the NHRA about there rule's ( I guess I should have done that when it was in my garage).
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down