{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

look good? intake set up for the 34

4 posters

Go down

look good? intake set up for the 34 Empty look good? intake set up for the 34

Post by RebStew February 13th 2008, 4:18 am

I was just wondering what some of you guys thought about these risers for the intake. I am building the 34 Dodge into a mid to late 60's style rod. I have a 350 that is going in it but I'm using the short water pump, old finned valve covers, all the pullies from a 283 and a old low profile 2X4 intake. it will look like an old 283. I was just wondering what you guys thought about these intake risers? cool? goofy? leave the low profile intake alone?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Quad-Carb-Tunnel-Cross-Ram-Risers-Adapter-Spacers_W0QQitemZ300198602992QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

look good? intake set up for the 34 Empty Re: look good? intake set up for the 34

Post by 6-71Kid February 13th 2008, 4:37 am

I think they look pretty cool. afro
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

look good? intake set up for the 34 Empty Re: look good? intake set up for the 34

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 13th 2008, 2:33 pm

Those things look pretty cool. The neat thing is that they're different. It's not likely that your going to roll up and park next to somebody with the same setup. The only thing is, if your going for the look of a certian time period, would a tunnel ram fall in that zone or if you are after a race engine look. I don't know how strict your going to play this or if that's even what your after. Some times you can get a couple of visable themes going on a car and not realize it. Aren't you going to run a 2x4 tunnel on your truck? (Looks like a lot of gas money for both your truck and sedan)
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 February 13th 2008, 5:47 pm

I think I would go with the low rise set up. It would look more like the factory 2x4 set up that was used on the Corvette. Plus the driveabilty would be questionable with those risers. Tunnel ram set ups are not very street friendly. They work best on the strip at high RPM's.
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 13th 2008, 6:20 pm

I'm looking for an old bread box or ridge runner 2X4 tunnel ram for the 454 truck. they are very rare. I'm not sure I will ever find one. if I do I'm not sure I will have cash they are going for.
the 34's engine in the Dodge is a fresh 350, hi lift cam and ported and polished heads. I'm going after a mid 60's hot rod style as far as the engine will look.
I have a sbc tunnel ram but it doesn't fit into the years I want the engine to look like. I figured the risors would be close to what they would have done before they came up with tunnel rams. one thing with street ability is that is the risers will move the rpm level higher and take away from the lower horse power range. that doesn't matter to me with the Dodge. with the light weight it may help it by getting off the line without burning the tires up in smoke. I'm just wondering what it would look like. I'm not sure if it would look ??cool. lol I have bought stuff that I thought would look slick to only have it sit on a shelf after I get it because I didn't like it after I put it on a car. these are the risers they used back in the day on some hot rods. not for looks but on a Corvette intake you can't use holley carbs because the carbs sit to close. they came up with risers like this to push the carbs farther apart so the bowls wouldn't hit. I have an aftermarket intake with all the castings ground off. I can run 2 hollies but just trying to stand out from the masses.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 February 13th 2008, 8:37 pm

The risers are cool looking for sure! I don't think I have ever seen any like them before. Its pretty common on flatheads to see tall risers. If they can be bought cheap enough give them a try!
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down