{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Falcon is ready to soar...

5 posters

Go down

The Falcon is ready to soar... Empty The Falcon is ready to soar...

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 22nd 2012, 1:13 am

I just spent the day at Jeff’s used Ford parts and Speed Emporium where we installed a B&M shifter in my vintage 1970 ½ Falcon sedan. I figure with speed parts as fancy as that I should be able to cut a few seconds off the ET. So, Stewart, with an 8 or 9 second spot that Trans Am of yours with those multiple carburators better have the doors locked or they’ll be blown right off. I think the old Falcon needs to eat some lunch. We kept the original shifting mechanism in case someone might want to restore it since I know how people love the original components, but Jeff got a gleam in his eye, grabbed a die grinder and cut the gear indicator right off the steering column. I figure that probably decreased the value of the car by at least $10 to $15. Pictures to follow.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Falcon is ready to soar... Empty Re: The Falcon is ready to soar...

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 22nd 2012, 5:13 am

Hot Rod Falcon @ the GoodGuys in Columbus. Parked with the infamous Bob Rose's Torino. This was taken before the transformation with the speed equipment started. (It's really hard to type this dribble) cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 22nd 2012, 3:29 pm

The Falcon is ready to soar... Worthless_thread_wo_pics

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 22nd 2012, 4:39 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Hot Rod Falcon @ the GoodGuys in Columbus. Parked with the infamous Bob Rose's Torino. This was taken before the transformation with the speed equipment started. (It's really hard to type this dribble) cheers

The Falcon is ready to soar... 150910

Man I thought for sure this wonderful image of this fine racing machine was posted. My mistake for keeping up the suspense. Of course the racer is the one with the scoop. We all know that is one of the main components of a super fast machine.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 22nd 2012, 7:07 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote: So, Stewart, with an 8 or 9 second spot that Trans Am of yours with those multiple carburators better have the doors locked or they’ll be blown right off. .
Did you mean 8 or 9 minute spot. HHAhah

Cool to see a little work on that Ford. It's always like Christmas when you get new parts to play with.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 22nd 2012, 7:39 pm

It's an old shifter I had probably 30 years ago. Had it in an old 64 Falcon wagon and the 56 wagon that got trashed. It's probably close to period correct. You know that means a lot. HaHaHa! Heck, I can't afford anything new besides a burger off the Dollar Menu. Did finally manage to get a roof put on. cheers Got some Radar mags from the 60's that never had tires mounted on them, Ford bolt pattern and all. The only problem is they're only 14" and they'll look like low rider rims. If I can come up with some decent looking tires, I might put them on that old Ford once and awhile. Jeff and I had a good time playing the other day. It was a beautiful day, we had breakfast at Bob Evans and on one trip to the hardware for bolts we had ice cream at the DQ. How can ya beat that? Good thing we're easily entertained. I think some old Sun gauges on the steering column are next. Got and old Tach and some old gauges. You know ya have to monitor thoe hi-performance mills.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 22nd 2012, 8:52 pm

Here's a look at Junkyard Jeff and my handy work. Just can't wait see how this baby performs. Bucket seats and a floor shift, what more could you want in a Hot Rod?

The Falcon is ready to soar... 00913

The Falcon is ready to soar... 01012

Note the fire retardant rubber floor coverings and the NEW bolts fastening the B&M shifter to the pristine flooring of this potential record holder. Also you can see the five dash plaques from all the National Events this car has been entered. Ya don't see that kind of stuff on here much. LOL

The Falcon is ready to soar... 01113

So this is how you fix some broken shift linkage the right way. This maybe should be moved to the Tech section but thought I'd post some of this helpful info here. Haven't done a build thread since I just use them up. Usually Junkyard Jeff and I have hands that are too dirty to reach for a camera but maybe we have changed our ways.

The Falcon is ready to soar... 01314

Can ya tell I'm bored silly? All kidding aside, I want to thank Junkyard Jeff and Jegs for selling me the shifter at the normal price some 30 years ago.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done July 27th 2012, 3:04 am

I see by the antenna lead hanging down, this beast has the rare "I left my window down and someone stole my radio" delete. You don't see those often.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 July 27th 2012, 1:31 pm

1/2done wrote:I see by the antenna lead hanging down, this beast has the rare "I left my window down and someone stole my radio" delete. You don't see those often.

lol!

Yeah, Besides the weight of the radio/CD/DVD player would just slow the thing down. It's just a little sacrifice one must make for speed. I've learned to sing to myself pretty good (in my opinion). I haven't had a car car with a radio in about 10 years. Seems the money always ends up going someplace else, like the crown I have to go to the dentist this afternoon and have put on.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down