{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

+10
Brownie
Chris55
junkyard junky
John B
Mr. Fabulous
FalconEddie1964
RebStew
oldman
Arieldouglas
Lady rebel
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

Post by oldman April 19th 2012, 9:06 pm

Not for sure,I would say they are.someone here might know,you know they are some smart people on here Rolling Eyes Laughing
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Empty Gray's Junkyard

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 5:10 am

I made it by Gray's to get some pics of the '53 Ford flat bed.

[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0323[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0324[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0325[/img]

If I hadn't had Falconwagon's recent history lesson, I would have walked right by this old soldier. In fact I did the first two times.

[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0326[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0327[/img]

Still has some good parts but the rear quarters and trunk are gone. One more of the 22+k accounted for. Sad
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

Post by JRiggs May 4th 2012, 5:13 am

thats just a tease. all that iron in that yard and you tease us with just a few pictures wtheck

Razz
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 5:19 am

He's got quite a few oldsters in there. if you look behind the '53, there's a 55 Merc I'm going back to get some stuff from. I found the Stainless rocker mouldings in the trunk and they are in good shape. Mine are aluminum and kind of beat up. It also has good headlight doors.

There are four 55 Fords. One's a long roof four door.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 4th 2012, 5:31 am

I need to drop in one day when you are not busy and we can hit a few of those old yards. I'm looking for a cheap Model A cowl and some doors if you find anything like that. Prefer 30 31 but 28 and 29 will do. I see parts on the other side of that ford truck! 47 to 53 Chevy truck. Looks like a cool yard. I know someone needs that grille out of that Tor....Falcon Very Happy Did you notice the grille? Is it busted? Mr. Ice you ready for a road trip to get it? bounce
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie May 4th 2012, 1:40 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:He's got quite a few oldsters in there. if you look behind the '53, there's a 55 Merc I'm going back to get some stuff from. I found the Stainless rocker mouldings in the trunk and they are in good shape. Mine are aluminum and kind of beat up. It also has good headlight doors.

There are four 55 Fords. One's a long roof four door.

He wouldn't Happen to have a 39 standard in there? looking for a set of hood sides. I want to cut them up and use just the grill area of them so they don't have to be in great shape.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 1:43 pm

Reb Stew wrote:I need to drop in one day when you are not busy and we can hit a few of those old yards. I'm looking for a cheap Model A cowl and some doors if you find anything like that. Prefer 30 31 but 28 and 29 will do. I see parts on the other side of that ford truck! 47 to 53 Chevy truck. Looks like a cool yard. I know someone needs that grille out of that Tor....Falcon Very Happy Did you notice the grille? Is it busted? Mr. Ice you ready for a road trip to get it? bounce

Grill's not busted. Gone.
Gray's is not so old as yards go. He just doesn't automatically crush everything more than five years old.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 1:51 pm

[quote="Brownie]
He wouldn't Happen to have a 39 standard in there? looking for a set of hood sides. I want to cut them up and use just the grill area of them so they don't have to be in great shape.[/quote]

No. Nothing that old. One '50 F-1 is the oldest thing I've seen. He's got a lot of 50, 60 & 70 stuff.
I'm willing to bet Lanes has some though. AJ's pretty close if he could find the time to run by there.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie May 4th 2012, 2:13 pm

Never hurts to ask. Not much luck down here as yards with older cars are far and few. Been to a lot of swap meets. Found a guy in vermont that had a set. He wouldnt take Pay Pal. I felt a little odd sending him 300. on his word. Suspect But he didnt see a problem with it. So I let them go. Sad If ya think about it when your out..Keep an eye out for me.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 2:26 pm

AJ = oldman
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman May 4th 2012, 2:50 pm

Hey Doug thats a 52 ford, 53-56 look almost the same ,48-52 like almost alike Rolling Eyes
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 4th 2012, 4:13 pm

The grille in that Falcon looks just like mine, really clean. The emblem on the dash is about in the same shape...poor! The hood looks pretty good though, mine's lacking a bit of metal in the front. It helps cool the motor cool at death defying speeds.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 4:31 pm

oldman wrote:Hey Doug thats a 52 ford, 53-56 look almost the same ,48-52 like almost alike Rolling Eyes

Cool. I couldn't remember if it was 53 or 54 they changed and was too lazy to look it up. Embarassed
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 5:16 pm

Other than the rear quarters and trunk, it' pretty solid.[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0329[/img]
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2012, 5:20 pm

[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Img_0330[/img]
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 4th 2012, 6:46 pm

I clicked on that first pic of the Tor....Falcon. My screen cuts the ends off my pics. After I pulled the pic I seen the grille missing. Sorry Mr. Ice!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by stretch May 10th 2012, 9:06 pm

thats some cool material there i hate seeing cars left like this makes you wish you could take them home lol!

stretch
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-12-22

http://arnoldjason@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous May 11th 2012, 1:30 am

stretch wrote:
makes you wish you could take them home lol!

Yeah, kinda like puppies and pretty young girls.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie May 11th 2012, 1:01 pm

I think I will stick to the cars and puppies....Less of a head ache! Laughing
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 11th 2012, 1:37 pm

Cars, Puppies or Pretty Young Girls; They can all be a headache and the cost is never ending.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie May 11th 2012, 3:15 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:Cars, Puppies or Pretty Young Girls; They can all be a headache and the cost is never ending.

Twisted Evil
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 May 11th 2012, 7:56 pm

I think the puppies are about the cheapest.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 4 Empty Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

Post by Reb Stew May 16th 2012, 3:02 pm

Shocked
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 16th 2012, 7:44 pm

So this is the change we're looking at?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 16th 2012, 7:47 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:So this is the change we're looking at?
Some of it. Still working on it. It will not be crazy changes. Just stuff moved around so the forum is easier to use.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next