{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch out! - Craig's List scammers

3 posters

Go down

Watch out! - Craig's List scammers Empty Watch out! - Craig's List scammers

Post by John B January 31st 2008, 5:29 am

So, a couple weeks back I was sweating some bills and decided to advertise the Mercury on Craig's List. I put it on the Louisville List and got a couple calls,but no one that wanted to pay what I needed to let it go.

Fast forward to this past weekend.

I came home to find a message on my machine from a guy who was asking about the car. He said he was a little confused because the headline stated one price and the text said something else. He left his number and I tried to call him back to let him know it wasn't for sale anymore and that it was only one price. I got his machine and left the message. Making sure to thank him for his interest and such.

Today I answered the phone and it was a guy saying he saw the ad on the Houston Craig's List but it didn't have a number to call, but he found it on the Louisville list and decided to call and ask about the different prices. Here's the kick, I never posted it in Houston, or any where but Louisville and Pittsburgh for that matter. So I went to look and found this ad.

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/553248176.html

Notice how they copied everything but my phone number. So sent an email through the ad that went something like this.

Nice car, wish I owned it. Oh wait I do, thats my car and my ad. Whats the deal here?

I got this back instead -

from - "satinlawton6259" <satinlawton6259@gmail.com>

Hi, I received your email concerning the vehicle I posted on craigslist. I'm buried with emails from interested parties - maybe the price is too low Wink - so please bear with me as I work on responding to all of these emails.

Also, if you need financing, I highly recommend these guys: Please start here.

Then its a link for a car loan website. I just sent another email directly to the email address. Telling them to quit advertising my car as their own. I've sent an email to Craig's List as well telling them whats going on here.

I hate the thought, that they are using my car to sucker people into checking out their car loan website. I'd like to kick these fakes in the teeth.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Watch out! - Craig's List scammers Empty Re: Watch out! - Craig's List scammers

Post by RebStew January 31st 2008, 5:32 am

that is messed up.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassanova January 31st 2008, 1:15 pm

I have seen this before on there and also a similar thing in the Hearold Leader. I've never bit on the Criag's list, But me and my buddy Maddog both called and emailed this seller with a low priced Mopar. The phone number was bad so I emailed her and got the same email back word for word!
Cassanova
Cassanova
Car washer

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down