{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch the ice.It's cold!!

4 posters

Go down

Watch the ice.It's cold!! Empty Watch the ice.It's cold!!

Post by RebStew December 10th 2009, 1:37 pm

Just got back from taking the kids to school. Man I'm not sure I'll make it through this winter without freezing. I guess pushing that 40 year old mark does that to ya. I find it funny to that my old 4 door, flatbed truck has better AC and a better heater than Amy's new car. Thank God the heater will run you out of it....
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Watch the ice.It's cold!! Empty Re: Watch the ice.It's cold!!

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 10th 2009, 4:00 pm

Not too bad up here this morning. It only took me an hour and a half to do what is normally a half hour drive. Monday morning it was ridiculous. It took two and a half hours! I just don't see how Joey does it. There's just a couple too many people out there that don't belong when it's slippery out. That big old Merc gets a little hard to stop in some of this. The bad thing is that the heater blower isn't working, so the faster you drive the warmer you get. When you get stuck in traffic you freeze. I guess it's all part of the experience.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 10th 2009, 4:16 pm

Its not bad up North in the snow and ice because the people are used to driving in it.....but down South like Tn. or Al. when they get a few flurries they just loose there minds.....Last year there was a 60 mile stretch below Nashville with i bet 60 cars in the ditchs...... scratch ....i LOVE truckin though.....Its the back bone of America Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 10th 2009, 4:27 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote: That big old Merc gets a little hard to stop in some of this. The bad thing is that the heater blower isn't working, so the faster you drive the warmer you get. When you get stuck in traffic you freeze. I guess it's all part of the experience.
That's not part of the experience, that's nuts. Why don't you come off some of that money and buy a 160 dollar after market heater from Summit Racing. I just know understand how you can go through winter without heat. That make no sence to me. Plus I bet it's 5 or 10 degrees colder up there. Spend some of that green stuff Doug. You can't take it with you when you go and you may be going faster if you freeze to death on the way to work.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 10th 2009, 11:40 pm

Ain't got no Green or Gold! Going to try to get the New Ford going as soon as possible. It needs carb work, shocks and some brake work. I hope in the next few weeks it'll be in service. It's just some of the inconviences that you have to put up with if you want to play the game on a budget. $#@& if I was loaded I wouldn't be moving. Watch the ice.It's cold!! Icon_santa
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 11th 2009, 2:47 am

Is it just the fan that's bad. Because I should have some sort of fan around here that we can make work.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down