{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd

+12
jbs10
falconwagon62
Marty042
Lady rebel
Rebel girl
malibuclassic79
Novaman
Reb Stew
JRiggs
Admin
RebStew
Roller Coaster
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd

Post by Roller Coaster July 10th 2011, 6:19 pm

It's official, there will be a 3rd Annual Cummins Auto Cruisin' the Country on Saturday, June 23, 2012! It's already on my calendar! Very Happy
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty Re: Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd

Post by RebStew July 10th 2011, 7:11 pm

cool
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd

Post by Admin February 7th 2012, 2:24 am

We will meet at Bobby Mackey's parking lot in Wilder, Ky at 3:30. We will stop for gas at UDF in Wilder, gas up and head up AA. We will gas up at the second UDF. The one next to the highway (I-275) After we get past Alexandria city limits we will turn on Junction 1997( STONEHOUSE RD. KY-1997) We will follow it to Rt 10 and follow it all the way to the show. It will be a nice country setting. If we see something we like on the way we will stop for pics or whatever. Old gas stations, cars ??

Last edited by Admin on February 7th 2012, 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty 2011

Last edited by Admin on February 7th 2012, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty 2010

Last edited by Admin on February 7th 2012, 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd Empty Re: Scroungers Back Road Run To Cummins. June 23rd

Post by Admin February 7th 2012, 2:27 am

Cruising the back roads
Hanging out with your friends
Line of hot rods
Burnouts and carnage to witness
Not to mention the cool car show
What better way to spend a Saturday! cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 7th 2012, 8:03 am

good people and some good food
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster May 2nd 2012, 1:39 pm

Jimmy Dale Cummins requested that I make the following statement, "Extra curricular activities are done at your own risk. At this time, local and state law enforcement will not agree to allowing such activities."
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 2nd 2012, 7:05 pm

Does that mean he wants it to stop too? I understand if they are turning up the heat on him.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 2nd 2012, 7:15 pm

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster May 2nd 2012, 9:42 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Does that mean he wants it to stop too? I understand if they are turning up the heat on him.

2010, It is not being advertised due to the possibility of state law enforcement being present (local law enforcement are willing to not see anything as long as nobody gets injured), but at the end of the nights scheduled events burnouts will be encouraged and appreciated.

2011, "Extra curricular activities are done at your own risk in lieu of being encouraged. Cummins Auto enjoys the extra caricular activities (due to increased tire and fuel sales). Yet, at this time, local law enforcement will not agree to be on patrol else where in the county around closing time."

2012, "Extra curricular activities are done at your own risk. At this time, local and state law enforcement will not agree to allowing such activities."

The statement hasn’t changed much throughout the years. Therefore, my interpretation is that Cummins Auto enjoys the extracurricular activities, yet wants to promote a safe and family friendly event. If someone gets injured or someone receives a citation they do not want to be held accountable or receive bad publicity. This statement is similar to the standard “[whoever] is/are not liable for damages, fire, theft, injury or any other possible liabilities” that is printed at the bottom of every show flyer.

On the other hand, during the extracurricular activities last year, speed and the close proximity of people to the road were a concern. If you are a participant, keep in mind your speed and plan of action in case something goes wrong. If you are a spectator, keep in mind your location and plan of action in case something goes wrong. And it doesn’t matter participant or spectator, things break and it can happen to you.

Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 2nd 2012, 10:13 pm

Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs May 2nd 2012, 11:30 pm

dang gone. extremly bad date on this one. i have two birthdays to celebrate that weekend my son and daughter. as much as i like the first one i went to i will not be able to attend this year. kids come first.... Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 2nd 2012, 11:40 pm

Sad
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster May 3rd 2012, 3:13 am

JRiggs wrote:dang gone. extremly bad date on this one. i have two birthdays to celebrate that weekend my son and daughter. as much as i like the first one i went to i will not be able to attend this year. kids come first.... Very Happy

I am sure that Jimmy Dale wouldn't mind the disc jockey announcing that your children are celebrating their birthdays at the event. Laughing
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 3rd 2012, 4:56 am

cheers
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Novaman May 3rd 2012, 3:02 pm

I'm in. I'm off the Riley Rd exit in Alexandria.
Novaman
Novaman
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 3rd 2012, 6:38 pm

Good deal!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 31st 2012, 3:59 pm

I would like to ask for every local member to please try to make this run. I know times are rough and gas price are through the roof but this will be worth it. We do it every year and it's always a blast!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by malibuclassic79 June 4th 2012, 1:59 am

I am on call that weekend but am planning on going as long as I'm not out fixing someone's A/C.

malibuclassic79
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-16

http://www.malibuthunder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 4th 2012, 6:40 am

It would be nice to have ya!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster June 13th 2012, 6:20 pm

At this time, I do not have all the details, but Cummins Auto is also host their first car show June 23rd also. Registration starts at 10:00 am and awards are at 3:00 pm. Top 25 and specialties.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster June 13th 2012, 6:21 pm

I have agreed to assist with judging at the show, but have intentions of meeting up with you guys somewhere along the cruise route similar to last year!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 14th 2012, 1:03 am

Cool.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl June 14th 2012, 11:26 pm

9 more days!
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next