{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

+6
SMOKNZ
JRiggs
Truxter Fordly
RebStew
FalconEddie1964
Admin
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 8th 2012, 5:53 am

I can't drive that oil slinger in and park it in "FalconLand". I'm not a dues paying member and besides to me it's not a true Falcon it's more of a Fairlane since all the Falcon emblems have fallen off. Also, I've been on the lookout for a header so I can run dual Flowmasters and put a distributor in the trunk. I drive that thing to work EVERY day, it's no fun going to a show in it, and further more, the Rebel Run is two weeks before and the Ducktail is the week before. I'm usually burnout on that crap by then. Unlike some, I just can't do that stuff every weekend. It's commendable what they do with the money but it never really has been my cup of tea, even twenty years ago when we would go down there in force.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 6:17 am

Mr. Fabulous wrote:I've shot fire at shows all over and also when not at shows. I've done it for well over 20 years at numerous venures; Gas City, Lima, Indy, Coumbus, Michigan, Beech Bend, Hunnert Car Pileup, Blacktop Bash, Myrtle Beech and been with friends that shot in Daytona and other places. Shows bigger than the Pumpkin Run and smaller. I've never seen an accident, problem or injury. They just weren't run by a militant group that were anal about a bunch of rules. At a lot of places we've been approched as a group to lightem up and put on a show for the crowd. That's one reason why I go to the events that I do. Not every event is siuted for everyone. It doesn't have anything to do with weather it is a lawn chair infested event or not, it's just if you want to have a good time. After all, I've been thrown out of better places by better people, and that's not an LOL. I 've met some really nice people playing with fire and some of them have been great friends from the time I started years ago. They're not the type that keep harping on what they have. Most have only had only one or two cars in the twenty some years that I've known them. They aren't just picking up cars to put on their list of ownership and then selling them. That's not Hot Rodding, that's just selling cars. You know what you can do with your $20,000. I don't know if that's supposed to impress me or not. I guess if was, it missed the mark. Flame on!

wow, I only sell the ones I am not in love with, I have owned my 62 Wagon 14 years...I am guilty of being a car freak, sorry....

As for better places, doubt it....I work the show to help raise that money for the kids, and to give back, name another show that gives back as much...to a NON-Government program funded program, Shrine takes NO -0- tax dollars, and all care is FREE....oh well, enough about this stuff.....get burned out....NEVER...again, CAR freak here...

Your Falcon and you are ALWAYS welcomed, you only have to be at the show, all of those cars are NOT OVCFCA members, they are from all over, most are not even Falcon Club members....remember, In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. so come out, enjoy the day, we eat like kings and laugh alot!
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 6:27 am

You guys laugh a lot cause Terry is trying make out with the plastic dolls every year. Where he been at anyway?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 6:37 am

Kids driving him nuts......he's getting out alittle bit, he didn't even make the Corvair Swap, as did a lot of you...we had a good time, I sold some stuff....Fun day....This weekend SUNDAY Chev swap at Springfield, Ohio....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly February 8th 2012, 3:56 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:I can't drive that oil slinger in and park it in "FalconLand". I'm not a dues paying member and besides to me it's not a true Falcon it's more of a Fairlane since all the Falcon emblems have fallen off.

Doug, We would love to see you and your Falcon/Fairlane parked with us at the Falcon Mini Meet and you do not have to be a Falcon Club member to be there. Never have and never will..... What a Face
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 4:12 pm

Oh yea, we of the OVCFCA also made a 125 dollar donation, and challenged other clubs to match us, did this 2 years runnig, our way of saying thanks for letting us do our Falcon mini meet, and not 1 other club, not 1, has ever matched us, or given a penny, tells me alot about there clubs.....

Nothing wrong with the old white FALCON.... you both...IT's a FALCON, man how many times I have had to explain that.....

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? - Page 2 White19705ps

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ February 8th 2012, 6:53 pm

It's great that your Club donates to your charities, maybe I need to do the same thing instead of sending checks in yearly to my personal charities.

Your Falcon looks like the back of a Torino that I used to own falconwagon. I miss that car, but I was broadsided in Ohio back in '99. Sad Long time ago, but I spent a ton on it, just to get it totalled later.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly February 8th 2012, 7:18 pm

Besides all the money that goes to charity John hasn't even mentioned all that has went back into the venue (the Clermont County Fairgrounds) because of the Pumpkin Run. New exhibition buildings and restrooms have been built and even additional property purchases have been made solely because of this yearly event.

Yeah.... I like the Pumpkin Run, even with the long list of rules I somehow manage to have a good time every year..... What a Face
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head February 8th 2012, 7:19 pm

Hey, don't let that out about the manniquen, the little lady might be watching over my shoulder. What the heck is going on here. I usually check the board each day and all of a sudden the s*%t hit s the fan. The Pumpkin run is another Event. Some have rules and some don't. I like them all. Blacktop Bash, Beatersville, Somerset and on and on and on. Let's go have some fun sling the bull, chow down and chileout. I don't know about you guys, but our time here is limited and I don't have the time or inclination to b*%#h about this that or the other unless I am having a real hard time getting a bolt out for hours.

As a side, does anyone know where I can get one of those Fredricks Of Hollywood Mannequens?
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 9th 2012, 12:30 am

your secret is safe with us!

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? - Page 2 100_6069
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 9th 2012, 1:54 am

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? - Page 2 2012Pumpkinrun0001

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 9th 2012, 3:01 am

kool slide show for you out of towners, come and have fun....

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/bq6CU8XI
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2