{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

+6
SMOKNZ
JRiggs
Truxter Fordly
RebStew
FalconEddie1964
Admin
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? Empty Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

Post by Admin February 6th 2012, 8:09 pm

Trying to figure out all the club runs this year. One years we had a section roped off for the club. We had a really good turn out by the members. Following year no one seemed like they wanted to do it. The Falcon guys have their own spot up front so they can't park with us but what do the rest think? Just go solo or small group or hot it hard? Remeber if we hit it hard we have to have you there. Don't say yea then sit home and watch TV that weekend.
I'm game either way. If we get a spot big enough someone has to get in line about 2 a.m. the night before to get a spot for everyone to park in.
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? DSCF3390
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? DSCF3392
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? DSCF3407

Last edited by Admin on February 6th 2012, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? Empty Re: Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

Post by Admin February 6th 2012, 8:11 pm

We had both sides of the road in that little spot right next to the food and the potty houses. It was a good weekend.
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? DSCF3389
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? DSCF3388
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? Empty Re: Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo?

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 6th 2012, 11:28 pm

Man, Who's that good looking guy by that BEAUTIFUL CAR in the very first picture. Everybody's gotta have a Mercury. cheers If I remember right, you and I got asked to leave that Saturday nite after dark when the fires came out. Embarassed I should have never listened to you and hunted that kid that was in that old Chevy with the hot dogs on his tailpipes. lol! That wasn't very respectable for an upstanding then club President. jocolor Bad, Bad Boy! geek

Had a lot of fun that weekend and I haven't been back since then. Rolling Eyes That's been a few years. affraid
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 7th 2012, 12:14 am

Yeah it was fun. I spent all weekend there and just after a few minutes in your car we got in trouble. lol It was funny.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly February 7th 2012, 1:20 am

Admin wrote: The Falcon guys have their own spot up front so they can't park with us but what do the rest think?

It would be cool to see a big showing from the club! Even though us "Falcon Guys" can't park with you (on Friday and Saturday of the show at least) we can hang out with everybody! Come on out! It's a great time.......
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 7th 2012, 8:10 am

be nice to see the club do this as a gig. i however dont have anything to enter but id sure do like seeing that beautifull car lite a fire or 2. cheers
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ February 7th 2012, 1:32 pm

JRiggs wrote:be nice to see the club do this as a gig. i however dont have anything to enter but id sure do like seeing that beautifull car lite a fire or 2. cheers

Same here Jon, I don't have anything to enter either, but I would like to go just the same.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 7th 2012, 2:16 pm

JRiggs wrote: id sure do like seeing that beautifull car lite a fire or 2. cheers

Can't light fire there, they don't have a sense of humor. No They'll pull your ticket there and tell ya to hit the bricks. Mad
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 8th 2012, 1:07 am

OK, I don't really see lighting the fire being that big an offense. I think we aren't getting the whole story. Razz Twisted Evil
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 1:38 am

FalconEddie1964 wrote:
JRiggs wrote: id sure do like seeing that beautifull car lite a fire or 2. cheers

Can't light fire there, they don't have a sense of humor. No They'll pull your ticket there and tell ya to hit the bricks. Mad

You pay our Insurance for the weekend with Fire coverage, light it up all night. Fun did you know fact...it costs us over $100,000.00 that's one hundred THOUSAND dollars to put the show on, as is...over 30 Grand just to rent the place, NOT including pottys,trash,electric, Sherriff's office, water, insurance ect.....I will tell them Doug Ice is paying the extra 20K for the insurance, and I am sure we'll toast some marshmellows... afro
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly February 8th 2012, 1:45 am

Arieldouglas wrote:OK, I don't really see lighting the fire being that big an offense. I think we aren't getting the whole story. Razz Twisted Evil

The Pumpkin Run is held at a county fairgrounds and usually draws well over 2500 cars. They have to have strict rules concerning burnouts, flame throwers and a bunch of other stuff. Years back it wasn't that way but once they cracked down, they really cracked down. Separately from what went on inside the show about six or seven years ago (maybe longer) the Clermont County Sheriff's Department, in a ridiculous show of force, brought out Deputies on Horseback, a school bus sized paddy wagon and a bunch of other riot related gear just to stop the burnouts from happening off the grounds when everybody exited the show on it's final day. They all looked like a bunch of idiots! What a Face
Pretty sure a flamethrower exhaust would get you thrown out.....
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 8th 2012, 4:24 am

OK, I'm getting the rest of the picture now. Doug Ice, you were a bad boy! lol! cheers I hope you have learned your lesson and are more responsible now. Wink
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 8th 2012, 4:27 am

Really guys,
I do understand. With that many people, you have to keep a lid on things or it can get out of control real fast and 20 years of relation building can go down the tubes in 5 minutes.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 4:31 am

Woowww Now Doug and I have to do some flame shooting. Laughing
I've never seen John blow a gasket. lol

Doug you can shoot flames all you want on a Scroungers Run. If I remember right I think you did it in the Newport Police Station's parking lot when we did the Newport Car Show didn't ya. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 8th 2012, 4:33 am

I've shot fire at shows all over and also when not at shows. I've done it for well over 20 years at numerous venures; Gas City, Lima, Indy, Coumbus, Michigan, Beech Bend, Hunnert Car Pileup, Blacktop Bash, Myrtle Beech and been with friends that shot in Daytona and other places. Shows bigger than the Pumpkin Run and smaller. I've never seen an accident, problem or injury. They just weren't run by a militant group that were anal about a bunch of rules. At a lot of places we've been approched as a group to lightem up and put on a show for the crowd. That's one reason why I go to the events that I do. Not every event is siuted for everyone. It doesn't have anything to do with weather it is a lawn chair infested event or not, it's just if you want to have a good time. After all, I've been thrown out of better places by better people, and that's not an LOL. I 've met some really nice people playing with fire and some of them have been great friends from the time I started years ago. They're not the type that keep harping on what they have. Most have only had only one or two cars in the twenty some years that I've known them. They aren't just picking up cars to put on their list of ownership and then selling them. That's not Hot Rodding, that's just selling cars. You know what you can do with your $20,000. I don't know if that's supposed to impress me or not. I guess if was, it missed the mark. Flame on!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 4:39 am

hHAhahaH AHahha AAH Laughing

I have a couple pair of boxing gloves! jocolor
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 8th 2012, 4:43 am

Does Seem like there are some exposed nerves here. Rolling Eyes
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 8th 2012, 4:43 am

:affraid:

its getting a little toasty in here......

2 be continued im sure

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 8th 2012, 4:45 am

JRiggs wrote:

its getting a little toasty in here......

Rofl
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 4:45 am

It's funny. Laugh and go on. I can see both points. The show is not my cup of tea but it's fun to hang out. It does do some good with the money it donates. I'm very impressed by that. What was last years money quote for the donation? John, Jerry?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 5:19 am

Truxter Fordly wrote:
Arieldouglas wrote:OK, I don't really see lighting the fire being that big an offense. I think we aren't getting the whole story. Razz Twisted Evil

The Pumpkin Run is held at a county fairgrounds and usually draws well over 2500 cars. They have to have strict rules concerning burnouts, flame throwers and a bunch of other stuff. Years back it wasn't that way but once they cracked down, they really cracked down. Separately from what went on inside the show about six or seven years ago (maybe longer) the Clermont County Sheriff's Department, in a ridiculous show of force, brought out Deputies on Horseback, a school bus sized paddy wagon and a bunch of other riot related gear just to stop the burnouts from happening off the grounds when everybody exited the show on it's final day. They all looked like a bunch of idiots! What a Face
Pretty sure a flamethrower exhaust would get you thrown out.....

That was a County Desicion because one of our fine hot rodders threw a beer bottle and cracked open a deputy sheriff's head...he was trying to stop the burn outs, that's why everybody had to turn right, they figured if you didn't have to stop for the light at Rt50 & Rt132 you most likely wouldn't stop for no reason and do a burn out...we knew nothing about what they did, prior to them doing it, we got 60 nasty letters about it, we sent them to the Sheriff for him to deal with, in 37 years, of doing the show, no serious problems, and hope we never do.

funny thing is, I don't blow gaskets, Come work the Show car gate, when you find they guy trying to bring 2 cars on the same widow sticker...they try ALL THE TIME......I have always said the rules are the rules, like any or most clubs, everybody has them, I habor no ill feeling to anybody, but with that said, I love how people always think the rules do not apply to them, or they are above it all, just like the 1970 and older rule, I think it's stupid, and every year, I bring up moving the year to 1974, and every year, I am shot down, and yet, some dude will drive a clearly 1973 Nova in, and say it's a 1970, or a VW bug, even I as a Fastiques member can not drive Vicki's 1972 Nova in, anywhere on the grounds, your right, 20 years ago, about anything went, burn outs, flames camping on site, but as the show has grown, thing have changed, and not always for the best, but what was best for the show, because of the problems at other show, 10 years ago or so, our insurance carrier cancelled our policy and we NEVER had a claim, the risks were too high for them....27 years of paying, and they would not re-new it.

We are a litigious society, if we ever got sued, the club will dis-band, and that's the end of the show, and the officers and members can be sued, each and every one of our butts could be brought into any thing, and always looking to make it safe..

This year again, we gave $50,000.00 to the Shrine Hospital, That makes OVER $600,000.00 we have given to them..... $3,000.00 to earth angles, $2000.00 to the Hilbilly Klan that handles the bean dinner, and 3 or 4 smaller ones, and we do Thanksgiving dinner for the Clermont Co. homeless shelter...not bad for 50 guys

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? 2011-12-04_14-08-13_423

Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? 2011-12-04_14-00-32_41

Guys it's all good....come out, we will have a good time, always do, and a heck of alot of work for me.....Doug, drive that dang falcon to the Falcon Way for goodness sakes..... sunny
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 5:28 am

He's not coming. You hurt his feeling. You know he only had one to start with and you hurt it. Very Happy
Pumpkin Run 2012. Club gig or solo? Flamethrower-intro
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 5:30 am

One thing John. Now you have me ticked off. Why can't I drive my 1972 whatever in the show but some DJ? affraid can drive a 1986 T bird in and call in a 40 Ford?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 8th 2012, 5:30 am

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 8th 2012, 5:49 am

RebStew wrote:One thing John. Now you have me ticked off. Why can't I drive my 1972 whatever in the show but some DJ? affraid can drive a 1986 T bird in and call in a 40 Ford?

Ted is a idiot......he is one I don't agree with...I have known him 28 years, they say it's titled as a 49/50 Ford, but it was a t-bird, re-bodied.....he better never win the car...we check titles....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next