{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Chevy S10 $1500 or $2000.... you choose.

Go down

2000 Chevy S10 $1500 or $2000.... you choose. Empty 2000 Chevy S10 $1500 or $2000.... you choose.

Post by marakka October 3rd 2011, 2:01 am

I have a 2000 S10 for sale. It is a 2.2 automatic. It shows 166k on the odometer. It is lowered 6" from (a) stock height. The truck started with the "Extreme" suspension package from the factory. In the front it has 2" Belltech lowering spindles, 3" Belltech lowering coils and a 1" smaller (1.2" actually) tire diameter to clear the inner fenders. In the rear a leaf was removed and 4" drop blocks were put on. The truck has the "premium" 16" wheels on it and included with the sale are a set of C5 Z06 Corvette wheels. These wheels are a 17" and 18" pair with staggered widths and offsets. The fronts come with so-so tires but the rears have no tires. To make them fit you would need to find/acquire spacers as well. Also included with the sale is the beginnings of an air ride setup. I have a pair of tubular upper control arms for the front, a pair of airlift bags (new in box), a Viair 380c compressor, 8 valves mounted with hardware (4/4 setup), a 7 swittch box, a single needle gauge, and a set of unassembled c notches for the rear.

Now..... with the good comes the bad. The truck has no 2nd, 4th or Reverse. Typical 4l60e problem as the sunshell has sheared away from its shaft. I have driven this truck for the past few months without problem from the transmission..... You just have to be careful where you park. Included in the sale is a partially rebuilt 4l60e from a 2001 s10. This is crucial that transmission comes from this truck because the electronics aren't interchangeable for all model years without causing hiccups. The spare trans has been disassembled, all new clutches and steels installed, a new stronger sunshell installed and then reassembled to the point where the pump goes back in. I have all the parts to rebuild the pump including the seals. The valve body has not been disassembled and has been stored in a bag since removed. There are over $325 in parts alone for the transmission (at whole sale cost mind you) that I have accumulated to include a new torque converter, all new solenoids, assorted new valves, master rebuild kit with steels and the better sunshell.

My reason for gettting rid of the truck..... it developed a crack in the radiator and it sealed my desire for a larger truck. While this truck has not caused me much headache, I still need a larger one. So.... I've replaced the radiator and dropped new spark plugs in it along with a new thermostat and now its up for sale.

My price is $2000 with all the mentioned parts included. If you wanted to pull parts out of the deal, the price will be $1500 with the tranny still coming with the truck. This truck gets 20+mpg consistently even with the transmission the way it is. Yes it will go on the highway and cruise comfortably. I drove it to Dayton, picked up 400lbs of building materials and drove back, getting just shy of 25mpg. I'm not interested in trades unless its for another vehicle or you want the parts and are looking to trade something for them.

513 614 8119

2000 Chevy S10 $1500 or $2000.... you choose. 2011-10-01_16-22-29_950

2000 Chevy S10 $1500 or $2000.... you choose. 2011-10-01_16-22-13_105

marakka
Car washer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down