{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

63 Thunderbird

Go down

63 Thunderbird Empty 63 Thunderbird

Post by marakka September 23rd 2011, 2:33 pm

I'd like $1500 obo. It is not drivable currently because the motor is not 100% hooked up.... still need to drop in the radiator and do the wiring, exhaust etc. The motor ran before I tore it down. The car moved before I tore it down. The brakes were not working though so I didn't move it much, but did confirm that the trans worked. It looks like there is a hole in the brake line running to the rear. I have new wheel cylinders and brake shoes for it all the way around. Its currently sitting on 20" chrome wheels as well. Yes yes I know.... but you could always sell them. The stock wheels come with it.

The reason that the price is as high as it is.... I've got $500 in recent parts to redo the engine and get some money into the brakes to get it rolling. New parts in the engine...... water pump, oil pump, front & rear main seal, all new gasketing, freeze plugs, wires, spark plugs, cap & rotor etc. Plus the new brake parts weren't cheap either. Also I've got new hoses and belts for it. At some point, someone has replaced the landau top for it also. All the chrome trims that are missing are in the trunk along with miscellaneous other goodness.

My idea for the car was to get the motor cleaned up, shore up any major rust issues, put tires on these 20's, slap a clean interior in it, put some subs in the trunk and take it down town around tax time to flip it for a pretty penny.

If you were to purchase it, I would continue to offer you good prices on having interior work done for it if you went that route. I know it will never be a big money show car, but I'd like to see it go to someone who would put it back on the road and have fun driving it. I just don't have the time for that with starting my business and trying to fix my trainwreck of a new house purchase.

I'm uploading pictures now....Battery died in the middle of them so I only got a few.

63 Thunderbird 2011-09-22_18-43-15_557_UnitedStates
63 Thunderbird 2011-09-22_18-43-24_554_UnitedStates
63 Thunderbird 2011-09-22_18-43-36_430_UnitedStates
63 Thunderbird 2011-09-22_18-43-49_685_UnitedStates
63 Thunderbird 2011-09-22_18-44-10_777_UnitedStates

Car is currently located in the bay at Cincinnati State and can be viewed on a lift there. I'm going to be towing it out to Fairfield sometime in the near future, so if you are in the southern regions, it may be in your best interest to view it up at the college to make a purchase hint hint....

Also..... LRS30 has first dibs as I offered it to him first and I'm only doing this in case he falls through or doesn't like what he sees.

513 614 8119

marakka
Car washer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down

63 Thunderbird Empty Re: 63 Thunderbird

Post by marakka September 23rd 2011, 2:36 pm

Yes it does have a clear title in my name.

marakka
Car washer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-02

Back to top Go down