{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville

+2
Cassanova
fredtheprophet
6 posters

Go down

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville Empty Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville

Post by fredtheprophet January 23rd 2008, 5:40 am

I was surfing ebay looking for 40's Chevy stuff and came across a '48 dump truck. Who believes in ghosts?

"1948 Chevy loadmaster with dump bed and ghost.With clear title truck is complete and original.Has rust on rocker panels,rear of front fenders,and bottom of doors,and rear corners of cab.Has original interior with cannon type road flares.Has been change to 12 volt.has original horn,air filter,complete interior.Has 6 good tires.was started last year.brakes will not bleed out.Carb needs rebuild.I am 3rd owner.1st owner died in truck.2nd owner saw a Ghost in the truck.I have never seen a ghost but it feels funny when I sit in it."

I bummed a heavy duty trailer, me and the girlfriend are picking it up Saturday the 26th.

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville 327e_1

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville 43b3_1

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville Cfe6_1

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville Empty Re: Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville

Post by Cassanova January 23rd 2008, 12:18 pm

a ghost to guard your truck thats beter than lowjack! affraid
Cassanova
Cassanova
Car washer

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville Empty Re: Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville

Post by LRS30 January 23rd 2008, 3:05 pm

We were redoing a 75 Vette about 10 years ago that a chick got killed in. The horn would beep every once in a while in the middle of the night, funny thing was is that there was no battery in the car.......SPOOKY, mom made us take out of the garage and to the shop.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm

stewart thinks that i am nuts, the house that i live in now has 3 ghost, 1 is and old lady 2 is her husband and 3 is their cat. the old lady i seen a few years ago. i was sitting on the couch downstairs they she goes floating into the kitchen. long gray hair long white dress. i believe in ghost and angels. so i might be nuts but i did see it.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 23rd 2008, 6:33 pm

That ghost could be a two edged sword. If you clean the truck up real nice he'll probably be happy, but if you ruin the truck or change in some way he doesn't like he might be angry and I would think that you don't want an angry ghost.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2008, 6:51 pm

cool truck. you going to resell it? I'm not worried about the spooks. What a Face Shocked
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by fredtheprophet January 27th 2008, 5:33 am

I just got back with the truck. I need it long enough to get a few hundred tons of manure/fertilizer moved to the back of the property, and it will probably be up for sale.

it looks like a pretty solid mostly original truck, I think its got a newer (not stuck) engine in it, I'll have to figure out what the brakes need but I don't need brakes for what I'm doing... I can roll to a stop.

loading it took like 3 hours. When we showed up none of the old guys tractors, trucks or the skidsteer would start. He ended up calling a tow truck to get it drug out of the ruts it was in, and the wrecker driver winched it onto the trailer for me. the bed is full of junk of course, a few miles into the drive home I climbed up into the bed and got a tarp laid down... I could have sworn someone whispered over my shoulder.

clear pics soon.

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by fredtheprophet January 30th 2008, 2:53 am

Lame. No haunt... although I have been down sick since I got back with it. I've got parts and can't get anything done.

The truck was last titled in '94, I looked up the phone number for the last owner. He paid $800 for it and had to rewire everything, "it came from a pig farmer who hauled grain in and other stuff out. the ghost story is hogwash". The engine is supposed to be a really strong GMC 258, I'll have to run the numbers again. transmission, brakes and hydraulics were great when he sold it. the odd thing was that he said something in the rear end locks up. I'll find out about it when I change the fluids or roll it around the field..

Ebay, a ghost and a roadtrip to Evansville 12708003-1

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down