{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers River Run

+13
Rebel girl
gahammerle
Truxter Fordly
Roller Coaster
falconwagon62
SMOKNZ
Lady rebel
magicman_1968
John B
hotrodaaron77
RebStew
chev_hotrod
Admin
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scroungers River Run Empty Scroungers River Run

Post by Admin July 7th 2011, 6:52 am

Scroungers River Run Obj26geo23pg1p39-1
Scroungers Car Club mini haul through Ohio & Kentucky's river roads. We will meet at UDF in Wilder Ky next to I-275 and leave @ 3:00. We will cruise over into Ohio and travel the scenic, historical river road. We will cross the Augusta Ferry into Ky and stop to eat before heading back down the river on the Ky side.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Scroungers River Run Empty Re: Scroungers River Run

Post by Admin July 7th 2011, 6:53 am

More info coming soon!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin July 7th 2011, 7:11 am

$5.00 for the ferry ride. You will pay for the ferry when you put your car on for the trip over the river. It will take multiple trips so hot rods that make it over on the first few trip will be able to browse the shops in Augusta. We will eat at the pizza place that is on the left when you get into town. We will gas up again in Augusta before heading down Rt 8(river road) for the trip back home. We will end the road trip at the Silver Grove Dari Bar. This will the Ice Cream stop for the day. If you want to stop you can if you want to end it and head home that is fine too.

We will be stopping at places along the way for pics if there is room for all cars. This is a comfortable cruise through the tree lines road. A cruise to see the back roads and what it has to offer, not a speed race. We will be taking our time. Very Happy

More info about the ferry and Augusta
here> http://www.augustaky.com/city/ferrycam.asp
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod July 7th 2011, 8:12 am

are we gonna stop at the antique barn shop again
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 7th 2011, 8:32 am

Nope. We will follow the river to Higginsport on the Ohio side, cross into Augusta and come back on the Ky side.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 July 7th 2011, 4:45 pm

I plan to be there how many miles do you think it is roughly? just need to fig out this carb having problems getting it to idle.
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 7th 2011, 5:09 pm

hotrodaaron77 wrote:I plan to be there how many miles do you think it is roughly?
It's not a long haul. It will seem like it because of where we are going but the trip is less than 90 miles. 45 up and 45 back.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 7th 2011, 5:15 pm

Think I might come to Wilder and run back to Augusta with you all. Then come home from there. Or maybe go on to Wheelersburg.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 7th 2011, 5:30 pm

chev_hotrod wrote:are we gonna stop at the antique barn shop again
Due to the price of gas we talked about the club cruises this summer at the club meeting we had at Roy Rogers. We dropped a few of the runs we use to do. Most members felt the run down Rt. 32 to go to the barn was not worth the time. The last run we did the barn was not what it was the first few times we went there. Also we dropped the Dari Bar Cruise as an annual run.

This created a void in some of the stuff we thought was cool to do. So we came up with the best parts of the two cruises and added them together. That's how the River Run came to be. We still get to drive the shaded, tree lined back roads next to Ohio River. There is always a nice cool breeze blowing off the water. That is the reason we picked the month of July for this run. Hottest month of the year and we don't want to bake in the heat. Everyone thought it was nice to see a bunch of hot rods floating across the river on a boat! Twisted Evil . Augusta and all the little towns that we drive through next to the river are great places to check out and get some pictures and on the way back we can stop in at the Dari Bar for an Ice Cream.

It's taking the best of two cruises we use to do, Rt 32 and Dari Bar Cruise and adding them together. I like to get out to places where we can do burnouts and watch some crazy stuff going on but for the laid back cruising and scenic views I think this will be the best of the year!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 7th 2011, 5:31 pm

John B wrote:Think I might come to Wilder and run back to Augusta with you all. Then come home from there. Or maybe go on to Wheelersburg.
That would be nice John. I know it's a long haul for ya to do any runs up this way.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 July 7th 2011, 8:21 pm

Sounds like it will be a good one...hope everyone shows up.... Smile
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 7th 2011, 8:30 pm

This will be a very enjoyable run! I hope to see you there John!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ July 8th 2011, 3:49 am

I will try to get up there for this run.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 10th 2011, 2:37 am

Steve,

Can us Buckeyes meet up with ya at coney or along 52....Vicki and Shelia have to work that weekend....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 10th 2011, 5:38 am

Name a place and we will stop in to grab you guys. I was going to drive over there to take a look to see if there was a place close and big enough for everyone to swing through. I may do that Sunday.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 10th 2011, 6:25 pm

Weather permitting, Janet and I plan to attend this event. Janet throughly enjoyed to cruise to Cummins Auto earlier this month.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly July 11th 2011, 3:17 am

RebStew wrote:Name a place and we will stop in to grab you guys. I was going to drive over there to take a look to see if there was a place close and big enough for everyone to swing through. I may do that Sunday.

Steve,
Any progress on a meeting place for us Buckeyes? We are talking this up trying to get a few people interested on this side of the river.....
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 11th 2011, 5:24 am

I didn't make it over there today. I'll try to get over there in the next day or so. It seems there is a gas station close to the highway exit that we can meet. It's just been so long since I been over in that area I can't remember.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 11th 2011, 5:33 am

down the road is a small BP at 5 mile and 52.......
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 12th 2011, 6:03 am

Truxter Fordly wrote:
RebStew wrote:Name a place and we will stop in to grab you guys. I was going to drive over there to take a look to see if there was a place close and big enough for everyone to swing through. I may do that Sunday.

Steve,
Any progress on a meeting place for us Buckeyes? We are talking this up trying to get a few people interested on this side of the river.....
I made my way over there tonight to find a meeting spot for people coming from the north.
This is our route: Ky guys and anyone that is coming from south of the Ohio River will meet at UDF next to I-275.

Cars should be gassed up and ready to leave at 3:00 from this UDF
Address: UDF #160
1135 Steffen Lane
Wilder, Kentucky 41076
859-441-5040

We will leave UDF at 3:00 and head east on I-275 and across the Ohio River. We will be taking the first Ohio exit. Kellogg Ave, Exit 72. We will go east(RIGHT) off the exit. We will pass Coney Island and River Bend before stopping to pick up the Ohio guys. The Ohio guys meeting spot is AJ's Road House. It's on the right. If you pass a Marathon Gas Station you went too far.

We should be pulling in around 3:30 at this address. Please be gassed up and ready to roll before we get there. There is a gas station across and up the street a few 100 feet.
Address: AJ'S Roadhouse
6735 Kellogg Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230

Ky guys will roll into the parking lot and this will be our first stop. We will meet up and say hello to whoever shows up before heading on down the river. The next stop will be played buy ear. If we see something cool we will stop. If we don't we will go on towards Higginsport to the ferry to Augusta, Ky. Don't eat before the trip or while you are waiting for everyone. We will stop in Augusta for some pizza.

Map Quest the address or put them in your GPS. We have had trouble before trying to get everyone on the same page. Fact is with the amount of cars that go on these runs we can't keep track of everyone. If you get a red light or if someone stops for a rest room break the cars to the front will not see you. When you turn off the cars behind you will follow you. Do your best to catch back up when you are done. We will not be breaking any speed records. If you get left behind we will not be hard to catch up to. We are not taking any side roads. Follow the river and you will see us. Cross the Ferry into Augusta and we will be there before heading back down the Ky side of the river on Rt 8. End of the cruise is in Silver Grove, Ky at the Dari Bar. You can't miss it.

Last edited by RebStew on July 12th 2011, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly July 12th 2011, 3:39 pm

Thanks Steve! AJ's parking lot is plenty big and nobody will have to cross traffic to pull in and out. Looks like a plan. What a Face
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 12th 2011, 5:30 pm

RebStew wrote:[ We have had trouble before trying to get everyone on the same page. Fact is with the amount of cars that go on these runs we can't keep track of everyone. If you get a red light or if someone stops for a rest room break the cars to the front will not see you. When you turn off the cars behind you will follow you. Do your best to catch back up when you are done. We will not be breaking any speed records. If you get left behind we will not be hard to catch up to. We are not taking any side roads. Follow the river and you will see us. Cross the Ferry into Augusta and we will be there before heading back down the Ky side of the river on Rt 8. End of the cruise is in Silver Grove, Ky at the Dari Bar. You can't miss it.

Be a good idea for people to share some phone numbers and such before the crowd pulls out of the lot. Also, how hard would it be to make a simple rough map of the route for those not familiar with the area.

I actually know 52 semi well, I love driving that route.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 12th 2011, 6:58 pm

John B wrote:Be a good idea for people to share some phone numbers and such before the crowd pulls out of the lot.

Share phone numbers, but we are not going to be home to answer them? Laughing
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly July 12th 2011, 7:44 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:
Share phone numbers, but we are not going to be home to answer them? Laughing

Maybe sharing CB handles would work better? 10-4 Good Buddy! What a Face
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 12th 2011, 8:42 pm

Truxter Fordly wrote:Maybe sharing CB handles would work better? 10-4 Good Buddy! What a Face

lol!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next