{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam change for the 55

Go down

Cam change for the 55 Empty Cam change for the 55

Post by junkyardjeff January 30th 2011, 12:42 am

The trip to Florida told me my suspision that the 351 had the wrong cam was true so its in the big garage for a cam change,while its in there I will be putting in the gears from the 37 since they are quiet. The tailshaft bushing is shot due to the drivesahft being made too short and could be cause of the noise but will change the gears too since it made noise from day one before any damage could of been done,I am going to see if I can remove the tailshaft without pulling the trans and if I can it will be replaced and if not I will live with the noise untill the Y block goes in. I will be going with a idle to 4000 cam and if it perks the motor up it might not come out for years so I can take my time with the Y block,this way I can hunt for the Y block parts at swapmeets and internet and get them more reasonably priced then buying them from the parts stores. I need to find out where mice are getting in the garage as when I pulled it out a pair went scrambling from out under the car.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down