{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv.

2 posters

Go down

30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv. Empty 30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv.

Post by LRS30 January 12th 2011, 3:20 am

I have 86 in total Bar Tokens from the 30's 40's, these tokens where gave to patrons in hopes for them to come back to the establishment and spen more money. I was curious if you Newport guys would know who to talk to and find out more info on them. Of if someone would be interested in buying them. Alot of them are from Syndicate owned bars, from doing some research on my own.. I looked on Ebay and I have some of the ones I have seen on there which they are selling in the 15 to 20 dollar range...Thanks In advance, and if anybody is interested in seeing them give me a shout.. Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv. Empty Re: 30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv.

Post by RebStew January 12th 2011, 3:38 am

I have some myself. They are cool to collect but they WERE not worth anything 10 years ago. Now that they have been trying to use the gangster life style to pull in tourist they may be worth something. I'd say if you catch the right person looking and have two bidding against each other you may make something. But I'd say it would have to be someone that has lived here or a vacationer that wants them because they went on that stupid gangster tour.
If you want to document them and where they are from I can take you to a guy and he can give you the run down on each one. Where they were and what the place was like.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv. Empty Re: 30's,40's Bar Tokens from Newport/Cov./Alex/Day/Belv.

Post by LRS30 January 12th 2011, 9:45 pm

yhea I might do that, I know that I am not gonna retire off of them..lol But I did'nt know if anybody knew of a collector in the area that was into this kinda stuff. I am cleaning house and getting rid of alot of stuff I have collected over the years for no other reason to just take up space I guess.....Old habits die hard, I just bought 2 neon signs, one reads PAINT, and the other HARDWARE. why I don't know other than they work and have been hanging in the same place since the early 60's
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 17th 2011, 3:34 am

OH well, easy come easy go, I just sold them for $250.. Now I wonder if I sold them to cheap...lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down