{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If any problems come up call me.

4 posters

Go down

If any problems come up call me. Empty If any problems come up call me.

Post by RebStew October 20th 2010, 5:12 pm

I am ditching the Zoomtown for something better. The guys are suppose to be here wiring the house around 2 today. I'm not sure if I will have trouble getting everything back up right away so if there is trouble with the forum, spam ect give me a call. I'm a creature of habit so messing with somethinmg new always takes me a little while to get use to.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

If any problems come up call me. Empty Re: If any problems come up call me.

Post by Z-YOU October 20th 2010, 8:24 pm

You getting a cable service?
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 21st 2010, 8:42 am

Z-YOU wrote:You getting a cable service?
Yeah. What a freakin' day! It is alot faster than Zoomtown. Not sure what I think about the tv. Seems Dish is easier to work and see what's on. I did have a box put in the garage so I can watch it out there. God knows no work is getting done. May as well watch something good. lol
The cable guy should have been ran off. He was a goof. He wanted to run the cable off the house and lay it on the ground and run it into the garage. He told me that I could dig a trench and put it underground. That didn't go over well with me. He hung it like he should after a nice talk.
Now for the bad. I was in the garage working and walked in the house. I came back out and the electric was off in the garage. ?? I went and flip the breaker and it blew right away. Walked in the garage and turned off the box. Walk back in the basemenet and flipped the breaker. POP! I messed with it for a while and as soon as I hit the breaker it blew. I walked back out to the rear of the house where the cable guy was running wire. I seen my garage wire loose. It's in conduit. I figured the guy yank on it running the wire and it had a short in it. The guys gets everything done and takes off. I messed with it for a while and head to Lowes.
70 bucks later I'm back at the house. I run a new electric out the garage and tap into the box. I missed a meeting tonight to get it all done so I wasn't happy when I turned the breaker on and ?? POP! If the guy would have been standing there I may have cracked him one. What is going on?? All new wire to the box in the garage from the breaker box. Why is this happening??
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 21st 2010, 8:44 am

I go through the entire setup again trying to figure it out? As a last effort, after messing with it most of the day I switch breakers, check the wires in the box. Still, POP! I was about to give up and walked out to run a cord for the fridge. I start looking around. Up in the peak of the roof is a junction box. I toss the ladder up and climb all the way to the crest. It is a wire running off the lead before the box in the garage. That's got to be it. What is it? The wire runs back outside and into the house?? As if my luck wasn't running bad enough. The cable guy drilled the hole in the back of the house to hook a line up for the computer. He ran the drill bit through the electric wire for the motion light in the back yard.
I cut the line and went and hit the breaker. Garage is fully lit! How in the world this guy managed to hit a wire between the studs is beyond me. I unhooked the juice and did away with the wire going into the house. I'm just glad the guy didn't get juiced or that the house didn't burn to the ground.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 21st 2010, 3:23 pm

Nearly every time I have someone else do work around here they screw it up.
At least you finally got it figured out
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel October 21st 2010, 9:01 pm

Aryan our 9 year old had to teach me how to use the remote.. Go figure..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook October 22nd 2010, 3:44 am

Wowo, what a mess, Steve! Glad you got it figured out though. Amy, it's handy hvain' a kid around isn't it? LOL!!

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down