{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems at home

+4
Mr. Fabulous
Navonda
fuel10922
RebStew
8 posters

Go down

problems at home Empty problems at home

Post by RebStew January 1st 2008, 2:28 am

I am having a major problem at my house and have not been on the computer and will not be for a few days. the house phones only work with the electric on because of the way they are set up , so if you tried to call the house you can't get me. my electric meter cought fire and did a number on my wiring in my house. with the house being over 100 years old I'm glad it didn't burn to the ground. this happened after I came from Ryans house the other night. I'm just glad it didn't happen while I was gone on vacation. there would not have been a home to come home to. I sent Amy and the kids to the farm in Bracken County and I slept in the house last 2 nights without electric and almost froze, so I'm staying with family till I get her fixed. from the pole all the way down the house into the basement has to be replaced . now that it's fried they say I have to upgrade. which means a new meter on the outside of my house, new meterbox as well as a new breaker box because they say that mine is too old.??? I put it in 6 years ago!! also Newport has to issue me a permit before I can get and inspection done to see if Duke will even turn it back on at the pole. RRRRR!! this has me bummmedddd big time. Wensday the daycare opens up and we won't be able to take the kids. sorry Jonathan. with taking over a week off and spending $ on vacation, plus money to fix everything. I'm done. I guess my truck won't get finished by spring like I thought. sorry for the rant. guess I had to get it off my chest. better to do it here than to slap an inspectors teeth out for charging me 100 buck to look at a wire for 5 seconds and redtag my whole electric system. Evil or Very Mad if anyone needs to get a hold of me try my cell. if I keep it charged it should be working.. anyone want to buy a house in Newport? I will give you some air fresheners to mask the spell of burning wires. lol Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

problems at home Empty Re: problems at home

Post by fuel10922 January 1st 2008, 7:05 pm

Man this sucks!! Sorry to hear about the wiring. If you need anything call me.
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Navonda January 2nd 2008, 3:05 am

Hey Steve. I am sorry for the mess at your house. No Those newport inspectors are a pain in the ass too. Just ask Dad. Anyway, I am down here in Bracken County if Amy needs anything while she is here. Just let me know.
Navonda
Navonda
Scrounger

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 2nd 2008, 9:30 pm

Hopefully it's not as cold there as it has been up here. Many nights like last night and your pipes would be frozen. We had single digits with a wind chill of less that nothing. That would definately compound the problem. If there's anything I can do to help.........you know the drill.

QED
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod January 3rd 2008, 3:05 am

tried to call cell and email left msg but just seeing if you are ok
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt January 3rd 2008, 3:33 am

dang steve sorry to here. didnt know till today, been dealing with stuff up on the hill here. Sad anyways if you or amy need anything or help give john or myself a holler always room at johns house to crash. ttyl
The Skirt
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2008, 4:33 am

been almost a week. I have electric now but they say I can't stay here till they get the final inspection. this has been nuts. permits, duke energy inspectors, city inspectors, newport code enforcement, 5 different duke emergency crews at different times! Duke's meter burns up and fries my wiring and I have to pay for everything. that what I get for buying a repo house with outdated wiring. Rolling Eyes inspector is coming for the 3rd time. hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. good news is that whoever buys this house willl never have to worry about the electric again. everything is updated to code or better.EVERYTHING!!!! I should say that I didn't have to pay for everything. Duke took their burned meter and replaced it with a brand new one. Rolling Eyes this is not the first time I had a run in with this duke energy. when I first moved in here they yanked a second meter out and that grounded my whole house. they ran 220 volt through all my stuff in the house. blew all the light bulbs, fried some kitchen stuff and my brand new TV. guess what they never paid me for that crap either! that was 6 years ago...
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 4th 2008, 4:55 am

Steve its good to hear that you got power back hopefully it won't be to long before you can actually move back in.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 4th 2008, 2:02 pm

6-71Kid wrote:Steve its good to hear that you got power back hopefully it won't be to long before you can actually move back in.
Yeah, Think how nice it will be to have all that new electricity!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 5th 2008, 12:27 am

inspector came today and gave me my green tag. I'm now allowed to move back in my home that I thought I owned and could do with as I pleased. Duke has to come and secure their meter other than that it is all done. thank God!!!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 5th 2008, 1:44 am

sure was nice to come home and see life at the stewart's residence. Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 5th 2008, 1:48 pm

Glad to see you guys are back in your own beds.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down