{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds

+3
Roller Coaster
RebStew
RsvBill
7 posters

Go down

Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds Empty Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds

Post by RsvBill May 10th 2010, 8:16 pm

Well last night ( this morning ) I started removing dash components from the olds. got the ebay listings on the way. I was amazed at what some of the odd items are selling for, I have tracked the Steering column mounted fan to sell from $200.00 to $400.00 was blown away.
the two visors are selling for close to $150.00 Are people this nuts over vintage items? :-) hell with enough time and study this will trun out better thaan i expected, have not even listed stuff like the grill, heater assembly radio .

I found 3 older glovebox covers with the same clock as mine selling near $200.00 they look like crap compared to how complete and mine works. :-)

started second guesing myself about the selling of the car knowing how complete it is but the funny thing is it is worth much more parted out than complete.
Hopefully everything will work out for Jays 55 chevy truck and a builder. one too many projects as usual huh.

anyway

having fun is all that matters.
Billy
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds Empty Re: Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds

Post by RebStew May 10th 2010, 8:42 pm

It is funny how it work but yeah, most of them are worth more in parts if you have time to do it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds Empty Re: Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds

Post by Roller Coaster May 10th 2010, 9:52 pm

RsvBill, nothing against you, but there is nothing worse for the automobile scene than Ebay! Automobiles have and always will be worth more parted out than complete due to the amount of parts and pieces that there are in an automobile! Ebay has virtually eliminated the ability to find a complete "barn find" or "field find" anymore! If you do happen to find a "barn find" or "field find" someone has removed all the valuable pieces (column mounted fan, glove box door, emblems, etc.) to sell on Ebay and left the rest for us to scavenge and search swap meets for eternity to put it back to its original state.

End of rant....
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill May 10th 2010, 10:57 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:RsvBill, nothing against you, but there is nothing worse for the automobile scene than Ebay! Automobiles have and always will be worth more parted out than complete due to the amount of parts and pieces that there are in an automobile! Ebay has virtually eliminated the ability to find a complete "barn find" or "field find" anymore! If you do happen to find a "barn find" or "field find" someone has removed all the valuable pieces (column mounted fan, glove box door, emblems, etc.) to sell on Ebay and left the rest for us to scavenge and search swap meets for eternity to put it back to its original state.

End of rant....

It's ok coaster i have big shoulders. :-) there is much more to the story about this car lets say it is a thorn in my side . i would have ratehr sold this to someone who wanted it or even traded it. I was offered $500.00 several times. even a computer trade and a few hundred bucks. I have never been one to try and rip anyone off on here those who have bought parts from me can atest to that. I am willing to take a kick in the shorts but this way it is a win win for many others looking for those hard to find part you refer to.
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 May 11th 2010, 2:55 am

Keep parting it out Bill, its your car to do with what you want...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 May 11th 2010, 3:52 am

I find barn find stuff all the time...do with it, what gets you the car you want..I have been blessed and have everything as msn could want and a hot wife to boot!
Keep you eyes focused on the objective....what happens in between happens......

simper fi...............
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster May 11th 2010, 1:58 pm

RsvBill wrote:It's ok coaster i have big shoulders. :-) there is much more to the story about this car lets say it is a thorn in my side . i would have ratehr sold this to someone who wanted it or even traded it. I was offered $500.00 several times. even a computer trade and a few hundred bucks. I have never been one to try and rip anyone off on here those who have bought parts from me can atest to that. I am willing to take a kick in the shorts but this way it is a win win for many others looking for those hard to find part you refer to.

Like I said in the previous post, nothing against you. Obviously, you are an automobile enthusiast, if you were not, you would not a member of this forum and you would not have make the above mentioned comments. I am just pleased to hear that parting out the vehicle and selling it on Ebay is a last resort effort. Good luck with the auctions!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill May 11th 2010, 6:11 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:I find barn find stuff all the time...do with it, what gets you the car you want..I have been blessed and have everything as msn could want and a hot wife to boot!
Keep you eyes focused on the objective....what happens in between happens......

simper fi...............

Simper Fi ???? isn't that a boy scout moto?

I only know "Rangers Lead The Way"
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs May 11th 2010, 6:20 pm

Started the parting out process today of the 1936 olds Icon_lol
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 May 11th 2010, 8:42 pm

lol!
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down