{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did u get done this week end?

+12
big dogs 42
JRiggs
Lady rebel
puddin head
falconwagon62
Roller Coaster
magicman_1968
Hellvis
junkyard junky
John B
RebStew
jbs10
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So what did u get done this week end? Empty So what did u get done this week end?

Post by jbs10 March 22nd 2010, 1:40 am

got some welding done .on the 51.

and got some new spounger,shirts.

Sleep bounce Sleep
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

So what did u get done this week end? Empty Re: So what did u get done this week end?

Post by RebStew March 22nd 2010, 2:15 am

I didn't get zip done. confused
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

So what did u get done this week end? Empty Re: So what did u get done this week end?

Post by John B March 22nd 2010, 2:17 am

RebStew wrote:I didn't get zip done. confused

Thats not true. You spread the word of the Scroungers way, far and wide. All while reconnecting with some great people and possibly making some new friends.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 22nd 2010, 2:20 am

Well.. yeah... I did that...
But I always do that. Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky March 22nd 2010, 4:17 am

Worked a little on the ford tractor.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvis March 22nd 2010, 4:45 am

This weekend I threw the 49 up on a couple blocks, scraped, wire brushed, cleaned , and undercoated almost entire car. Also, cut off exhaust system and started fabbing up new exhaust pipes with 2 chamber Thrush. I think I could best measure all the mud dauber nests I removed by the pound. What a mess! I just got in from the garage... the wife's in bed asleep already. I'm having a beer.[img]So what did u get done this week end? 2010-010
Hellvis
Hellvis
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 22nd 2010, 5:36 am

Me and some of my Scrounger friends got the bed back on my 1 ton. A very BIG thanks to all you guys!
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster March 22nd 2010, 1:01 pm

Went to the Gearhead Gathering and had a great time!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 22nd 2010, 3:51 pm

hung close to the house, have WAY too much stuff that needs done....

Friday
Hung out with the boyz at SIS's diner....had fun seeing a hearing the lies....

oh yea, worked as well.....

Saturday

Welded Vicki's sub-frame in the 59 so I could get it back down on its wheels
So what did u get done this week end? Wheels1

So what did u get done this week end? Wheels2

Also cleaned and painted stock 4 lug wheels, and flipped the tires to white wall out for my new "64" Falcon

So what did u get done this week end? 100_8528-1

Cleaned out the shop a bit, got Tommy boy's 73 Challenger out of the shop, he is selling it, MAJOR project...race car material really...

So what did u get done this week end? CopyofPicture020-1

Also changed the oil in the Tahoe, so had to stop at 10pm and go see mom at the nursing home....bed by 1am...

Sunday
Cleaned shop more, went over and worked on Vicki's 57 Chev, installed all the new door seals-rubber...then over to my buddy SS Sean, his 65 wouldn't start, so took his HEI apart he needed a new coil, got him heading in the righ direction, went home changed the oil in the HHR, put my 64 away in the shop, and that was about it....standard weekend....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head March 22nd 2010, 5:08 pm

Stripped the inside of the trunk on the bird. Tore down a T-5 and found all kinds of things that needed to be replaced. Ordered parts for next week assembly. Degreased the cassing and cleaned up for final assembly. Started the design for bracket to hold slave cylinder for hydralic clutch on the t-5 for the bird. Drank a couple of beers to celebrate.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 22nd 2010, 6:20 pm

Sat. spent the day at Grandparents in Braken County, with both sisters, 2 nephews, cousin, and uncle. Vicki and I took the little boys for a hike and played in the creek. Uncle took the big kids on a very big hike (about 3 miles) Ate some yummy food that Grandma cooked!! Got back to town and took Corey to a birthday party in Dayton, Ky. Picked him up at midnight.

Sunday: Got the pleasure of hanging out with Johhny, Gage, and Steve before heading to Falmouth for a play. The play is Dead Serious about Life. It was very intense and emotional. Geared for teens and early college kids.

Nothing done outside or inside of the house:( There's always next weekend...
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 22nd 2010, 9:00 pm

spent most of the time outside with the kids.
went to the garage a few different times.
finished up welding my cart together. my welds are getting better. ive welded up angle iron, round stock and flat stock to make my welding cart.
tried hooking up different set of speakers in a oldsmobile auroa but it takes 4x6 plate speakers, all i have is round speakers. didnt want to fab up anything different. in the same car i fixed the 6x9's the previous person didnt have them hooked up good enough.
kids were collecting to many toys. decided to throw alot out. so that took up some time.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 March 23rd 2010, 4:06 am

Left last wed. for New Orleans with Navonda and Rob had a good time in new orleans Went on a Swamp tour and got to see some real art in the cemetieries got make a wish on the vodoo queen Marie Leboes tomb and Rob and his buddy got to experiance burborn e street it was priceless to watch those too boys there. Left sat for memphis and got to eat a neeleys world famous barbucue and take a walk on beale street and see the bar cayote ugly and the blues houses elvis"s home and his plane . new orleans has some beautiful places like the french quarter and the plantations there are beautiful but the people that work there are rude and uncareing about there city and there jobs if they did they would be a lot nicer to tourist not that all were bad but it seemed like we ran into some that just didn;t CARE AND I DON'T HAVE TO MENTION THEIR RACE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN THEY ACT LIKE YOU OWE THEM SOMETHING ! did meet some nice people though and got some great pictures ! the devestation from catrina is depressing too me though the people took the money our gov. gave them and just waked away and left the homes in ruin five years later and its not cleaned up yet and i doubt it ever will be . the best i can say is i think we were all glad to get back home though i don't think i would go back saw a lot of thing s and people being exploted the most that got too me was the very young girls and the prostitutes but thats in every big city it just wasen't something i wanted to see on burbon street but i guess they are some that do just not me after that i was ready too leave .

Last edited by big dogs 42 on March 23rd 2010, 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 23rd 2010, 4:49 am

It was like 5 am when me and the family pulled to an intersection at Bourbon St. and they were still having a good time from the night before. Some chic walked to the car and flashed us even with the kids in the back. There is alot of history down there but I wasn't impressed with the town or the cleanup job. It was years after the flood when we was there. It stunk so bad in some spot we wouldn't stay.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod March 23rd 2010, 7:43 am

we went to chicago for the weekend and watched a concert . the old ladies friends put it on . it was cool sang alot of 50,s and 60,s and a elvis tribute .... and neil diamond
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel March 23rd 2010, 1:41 pm

RebStew wrote:It was like 5 am when me and the family pulled to an intersection at Bourbon St. and they were still having a good time from the night before. Some chic walked to the car and flashed us even with the kids in the back. There is alot of history down there but I wasn't impressed with the town or the cleanup job. It was years after the flood when we was there. It stunk so bad in some spot we wouldn't stay.
We visited Elvis's house at 5am. Boubon St. at 8:30 am.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head March 24th 2010, 12:25 am

Oh Yeah, Got some body work done. Still have a ways to go. It never seems to end. My next priority is to get the t5 in and change the rear to a 3:55. A 2:79 will just not work with the t5.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 March 24th 2010, 1:02 am

puddin head wrote:Oh Yeah, Got some body work done. Still have a ways to go. It never seems to end. My next priority is to get the t5 in and change the rear to a 3:55. A 2:79 will just not work with the t5.
what no pic... Laughing cum on man.john punt all kinds of pic up...for us to see.. lol!
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 28th 2010, 6:28 am

today i spent all day in the garage, got the 52 from one side of the garage to the other, put some different speakers in the rear deck of the cutlass, cleaned up shop,
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 28th 2010, 6:33 am

Stripped the 67 Tempest Parts Car...sold the Rear End out of it....Cleaned up the mess, threw a BUNCH of junk away in the car going to the scrapper Monday or Tuesday..

Oh yea....Swap meet tomorrow AM in Indy..... Shocked
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 28th 2010, 7:19 am

Got most of the welding done on the rear section of my flatbed cheers .....and some of the chicken lights on it Very Happy .......
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 March 28th 2010, 3:56 pm

So far good helped jeff get his motor in got the frame of the 50 ready 4 paint .and now taking the day off
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 April 5th 2010, 2:24 am

did some cruzin..and got started on fixing the injecin pump in the 96.so iam ready 4 the track on the 25..........slackers
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellvis April 5th 2010, 3:44 am

Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I have a severely broken middle finger on my right hand (which has forced me to work left handed for the last couple weeks). Thursday I crushed my left index finger,& tore most of the skin (and some of the meat) off about an inch of the tip. So, I guess my 49 will be on hold for a few weeks. Until at least one of my hands is healed. Oh well, if that's the worst thing that happens to me, I'm doin' allright. On a positive note...it won't affect my "hunt and peck" typing! };)>
Hellvis
Hellvis
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 April 5th 2010, 3:48 am

OUCH
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next