{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow rods anyone?

+4
Vickers
Mr. Fabulous
RebStew
CustomCabby
8 posters

Go down

Snow rods anyone? Empty Snow rods anyone?

Post by CustomCabby January 8th 2010, 4:21 pm

Yeah, my daily summer driver is my daily winter driver also. Surprisingly, the bias plys are terrific in the snow. Got my blower loaded and ready for the snow! Got about a total of 5" here in Springfield and still coming.

Snow rods anyone? Downsized_0108000903a-1

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Snow rods anyone? Empty Re: Snow rods anyone?

Post by RebStew January 8th 2010, 9:43 pm

I like that truck. Cool picture too.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 8th 2010, 10:45 pm

I don't know about you but I'm a liitle tired Snow rods anyone? Sleep of driving my old POS in the cold snowy weather. Snow rods anyone? Kopfschuettel It's supposed to get above freezing next week..............Snow rods anyone? Icon_cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2010, 10:55 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:I don't know about you but I'm a liitle tired Snow rods anyone? Sleep of driving my old POS in the cold snowy weather. Snow rods anyone? Kopfschuettel It's supposed to get above freezing next week..............Snow rods anyone? Icon_cheers
Why don't you hot wire that blower motor and see if it works? That would be better than freezing on the way to work. You could run a toggle switch inside the car to turn it on and off.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 8th 2010, 11:39 pm

Yeah, I keep the dream that I'll get something else going but the lack of funds, weather, and other commitments are handcuffing me. Jeff and I tore the carb off the Falcon last week but that's about all we got accomplished because they sold me the wrong kit. Got the right kit (I hope) but the weather got a little rough to be standing out in the snow. Also, the breaks have to be adjusted to do any serious driving and hopefully a new thermostat will get some heat out of that old pig. It doesn't want to get warm either.
I was going to go to Radio Shack and get a double throw switch for the Merc so I could have high, low and off but by the time I get home and able to play, it's a little chilly and dark in the driveway. This weekend I want to spend my time moving most of the reaming crap in the house and garage. That's just turned into a never ending story. It's supposed to get warm the end of next week. One can always hope. Well..........gotta go fight the Friday night traffic on the way home. Ain't life GRAND!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2010, 11:52 pm

Brother it would only take 2 minutes to run a wire. I'd run it off the + side of the battery and straight to the heater motor before I'd drive it as cold as it is. Open the hood when I got home and take it off. With morning driving on the highway you have to be below zero with the windchill. There is no way I could do it. With my back mess up and getting the chills I couldn't make it. It would mess me up.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickers January 9th 2010, 12:19 am

lack of funds i have a roll of wire 4 u mr ice
Vickers
Vickers
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 9th 2010, 5:45 am

Sounds like these KY guys can have ya hooked up with some heat. Embarassed
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 10th 2010, 12:49 am

My Boys have their own Snow Rod Very Happy ..Joey has the front seat and drags Trey along lol! ....Snow rods anyone? 005
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 4x4fab.com January 15th 2010, 12:45 am

It's not a rod.....but's old. My winter ride......78 IH Scout II

Snow rods anyone? 78scoutII

4x4fab.com
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 15th 2010, 1:48 am

Snow rods anyone? 77FJ2

Snow rods anyone? Jan2009002

1977 FJ-40 With manual steering and a 4 speed its a bitch to drive with my one good arm... But she has yet to leave me stranded...Oh and she is for sale or trade if anybody is interested.....Just finished all the metal work, and is in primer/sealer, all one color now a nice shade of Merlot ok maroon primer
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by 4x4fab.com January 15th 2010, 2:28 am

I love the old FJ's. I'm a yota fan myself......What are you lookin for in a trade/cash?

4x4fab.com
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2010, 10:11 am

4x4fab.com wrote:It's not a rod.....but's old. My winter ride......78 IH Scout II

Snow rods anyone? 78scoutII
I had one of those. Mine was pretty rusty though. I was on my way to a junk yard and the creek was running hi and flooded the road. I walked the front end into the water and I thought I was good untill I felt the front end slide down with the water flow. It got me up into the water. I got it stopped and then here came the water into the floor boards, it covered my boots and by then the tires were planted. I drove on across. Watching the water level go down was pretty wild as I drove on away. Mine sit almost as hi as yours. I think I had 35's on it but the body was low for 35's. I got rid of it after I popped the top off. The body was so bad I almost didn't get the roof back on from where the body was folding..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down