{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dayton Ohio trip

+10
Mr. Fabulous
Admin
magicman_1968
DEMONSPEED
TurboPinto
LRS30
skinnyj
John B
Blue Eyed Devil
RebStew
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dayton Ohio trip Empty Dayton Ohio trip

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 4:16 am

Vickers and myself ran up to Blue Eyed Devils house to pick up some parts. As always I had my camera. Coming down the road Vickers fell in love with this chopped van.
Dayton Ohio trip 001-9
Remeber the white fur? It was covered with it. This thing was like it stepped out of the garage from 1971. Fake fur, Cheech & Chong steering wheel, Old bias tires squezzed on the mags..
Dayton Ohio trip 003-8

I love the anti theft system. Note the lock and chain on the wheel.
Dayton Ohio trip 002-8
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Dayton Ohio trip Empty Re: Dayton Ohio trip

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 4:22 am

Few more we ran across.
Dayton Ohio trip 004-6
Dayton Ohio trip 005-8
Dayton Ohio trip 006-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 4:24 am

We stoped by Dougs for a bit and dropped in on sleeping Cole. We need to get Coles car up and road worthy this spring. It would be a fun cruiser.
Dayton Ohio trip 010-7
Dayton Ohio trip 009-5

Operational drive in.
Dayton Ohio trip 007-9
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 4:33 am

Stuff around the tri state are not the best rust free cars to build hot rods from but I keep hearing people say I just can't find anything around here. If you are will to do some work these car around here are fixable and you can get them fairly cheap. You are not going to get lucky every time, you always run into the kid or the 90 year old man that says no I'm going to restore that some day Rolling Eyes But most are an easy get. I've never ran more than an hour away from home that I haven't ran into an old car that may be worth asking about. They may sell it they may not but you will never know unless you drive down street you think you shouldn't, go through spots that are off the beaten path and knock on doors when you find something.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 4th 2010, 6:57 am

Good pics Steve! Yes there is still stuff around that's for sure. Hate to break Vicker's heart but that is the old Joe's Cycle Shop work van. If you look close you can still see the old lettering on the back doors. It's a landmark of sorts, and they aren't selling. Believe me I have tried! Haha.

The old Dixie Drive-In is very operational and a neat place. Still pretty much as it was built. They also have a great flea market there on Sunday mornings in the summertime. Worth checking out! They have a website here - http://www.dixietwin.com/
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 1:42 pm

All the drive ins we use to have in northern Ky have closed down. I'm going to try to get out to some this summer in the hot rod..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 4th 2010, 5:46 pm

Seeing the van and the Drive-In marquee would have made it a worthwhile trip. Checking out Cole's car and getting some hot rod parts are just the icing on the cake.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skinnyj January 4th 2010, 10:00 pm

Vickers had a good start on a van similar to that. His mind wonders as much as we change underwear.

skinnyj
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 10:28 pm

skinnyj wrote:Vickers had a good start on a van similar to that. His mind wonders as much as we change underwear.
Yeap.. I was just on the phone with him and he said the best thing about that van was that it had a heater that would run you out of it in the hot summer time. LOL
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 4th 2010, 11:54 pm

I'd like to have that old Ford Truck (white and blue one, any leads?)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 5th 2010, 2:41 am

Never got out to check on anything. I have no room.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 7th 2010, 12:39 am

Steve, it always amazed me that seemingly no matter where you went, you would always came back with a ton of pics of old cars. The more I thought about it , Maybe I see more cars than I think I do. I guess I'll have to toss a camera into the car whenever I go somewhere to find out. As far as drive-ins go, we have one up here: http://www.holidayautotheatre.com/ . They are even showing movies THIS WEEKEND! (good luck with that).
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2010, 2:02 am

Drive in, in the winter time. That's neat. As long as it's not snowing.
I think we all run across the cars sitting and overlook them. I remember John saying that you guys you to have a list or something where all the cars that you new about was laying and waiting for someone to ask about them. Mustangs and such.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED January 7th 2010, 5:21 am

I like the van.
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 7th 2010, 7:11 am

DEMONSPEED wrote:I like the van.
That would be a good one to make a Mystery Machine replica Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin January 7th 2010, 10:12 am

magicman_1968 wrote:
DEMONSPEED wrote:I like the van.
That would be a good one to make a Mystery Machine replica Very Happy
It would be cool to do some work on it and paint Scroungers CC across the side of it and use it for a club vehicle to pack members to some junk yards, shows or tow and haul junk. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 7th 2010, 2:28 pm

LRS30 wrote:I'd like to have that old Ford Truck (white and blue one, any leads?)

It looks like it was setting on one of those lots on Dixie Dr. I'll try to take a cruise down thru there Sat am to take a look.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2010, 2:52 pm

It's next to the highway before you get to the gas station we stopped at when me and you was out that time..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis January 7th 2010, 6:28 pm

RebStew wrote:All the drive ins we use to have in northern Ky have closed down. I'm going to try to get out to some this summer in the hot rod..

Since we aren't going the weekly cruse in...this sounds like a good event to make a club cruse this summer!

Here is another drive-in that Tracy told me about...
http://www.starlitedriveinohio.com/
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 7th 2010, 8:18 pm

RebStew wrote: I remember John saying that you guys you to have a list or something where all the cars that you new about was laying and waiting for someone to ask about them. Mustangs and such.

Yeah, I think John and I knew where all of the Mustangs were that were laying around. We did manage to get a few. The one thing that I look back on is that there were so many occasions when the person said that they weren't interested in selling but the next time you went by their house, the car was gone. You would think that after a while we would start giving people our phone numbers in case they changed their minds but we never did. I guess we weren't very bright back then.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2010, 1:38 am

[quote="TurboPinto"]
RebStew wrote: . You would think that after a while we would start giving people our phone numbers in case they changed their minds but we never did. I guess we weren't very bright back then.
LOL I remeber doing the same stuff. It's funny how many cars we use to get by just knocking on the door. Do you rememebr the California Special 'Stang? It was out past Union down by Stephens Junk Yard. John and I tryed to buy that and never could. It is still there the guy built a garage around it. The car never moved. So now you can't see it from the road. The guy that had the junk yard told me he had a Mustang that had been sitting for 20 year with a messed up fender that he'd sell me. It wasn't in the yard. We took off to look at it and he drove to where the CS was. I almost passed out. It wasn't the CS though. It was a red 68 coupe that was up in the field. 302 Auto. We haggled over the price and I gave him 35 bucks for this car. Now here the best part. He towed it all the way back to my house for free. LOL ... Getting it home I tapped on the gas tank and it was dry. Someone ran it out of gas where it sat. John said we could get it to run and within an hour we got it to start. it ticked like crazy and then the lifter filled up. It drove and moved under it's own power with just adding a couple gal. of gas. Oh the good ol days.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 9th 2010, 1:37 am

RebStew wrote: Do you rememebr the California Special 'Stang? It was out past Union down by Stephens Junk Yard.

Now, that one I do NOT remember. Where was I at? scratch So, instead of moving the car, he built a garage around it? Thats too much! The effort that people put into NOT selling a car amazes me sometimes. If they put half that effort into fixing the car, they may end up with something pretty nice. Oh well...
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 9th 2010, 4:36 am

TurboPinto wrote:
RebStew wrote: Do you rememebr the California Special 'Stang? It was out past Union down by Stephens Junk Yard.

So, instead of moving the car, he built a garage around it? Thats too much! The effort that people put into NOT selling a car amazes me sometimes. If they put half that effort into fixing the car, they may end up with something pretty nice. Oh well...
Yeap, built the garage around the car. I can't think of what that road is. Dog would know. DENNIS???? Stephens junkyard is right down the street. If anyone knows that yard. It use to have some older stuff in it but last time I was out there 10 years ago, it was all crushed and had late model stuff in it. The car was yellow I think and it sit up on a hill. Schmidty would know but he doesn't get on here anymore.

Now, that one I do NOT remember. Where was I at? scratch
That was around the time you were doing stunt work and driving Husman trucks into ditches... Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 January 9th 2010, 2:46 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 9th 2010, 3:42 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Stephens is off of rt 338 and rabbit hash rd. the california special stang belongs to willard crider he bought it off his brother lonnie when he got a divorce its a light green color and the guy that owns it works a skillcraft sheet metal here in burlington and stephens is still open anything else you want to know? He still has a few old chevys with big blocks in them but you got to call ahead before you can get in there
LOL thank you Dog.. You are a wealth of information to us. LOL
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next