{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio

+3
LRS30
4x4fab.com
RebStew
7 posters

Go down

Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio Empty Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio

Post by RebStew December 11th 2009, 6:10 am

I've often wondered what the cities and some of the states are thinking when it comes to these new street racers. We all did it but these guys now a days are goof balls. Starting off at a 90 mph kickdown and racing for not a 1/4 mile for for 10 or 20 miles on busy highways. It was bad enough when we did it but today these younger kids seem a little off in the head.
The worse thing that can happen is now happening. There are a few new laws and another getting ready to be signed in Ohio. Bill 191. This is an add on to other new laws that law makers are putting out to stop these kids today. These want a be's watch Fast and Furious one too many time and it looks like we are going to have to pay the price for it if we don't watch what we do.
Don't get me wrong. We have all done it but with these new laws it only a matter of time before they come after some legal hot rodder just for what we pack in our rides. With the way the new laws are sounding if you are watching a race and a cop catches you, you are just as guilty. I know alot of us keep the blue or yellow bottle in the trunk. The new law can TAKE our car if they find it while we are around someone else racing. I've had my Bird for over 20 years. If I see two kids pull out at a light and I stop in the gas station parking lot to watch them blast it off the cop can take my ride?? I think something needs to be done but more laws will not be the way to do it right. These ricer kids that have 7 speeding tickets in 3 months and are still driving are the problem. Make the judges accountable for giving these punk kids a slap on the wrist. If they keep passing these laws it won't take long and Ky will follow. Most cops are okay with legal hot rods Some even like them. But I've run into a few that just don't get it and hate the idea of what we do. You only need one jerk off cop to turn your world up side down with these new laws.
Here is just the end of Bill 191. I thought the retailers having to post a sign was funny. I wonder how many ricers will be stealing the sign to hang in their room.
(3) Any forfeiture of a motor vehicle under this section shall be in accordance with section 4503.234 of the Revised Code. If title to a motor vehicle that is subject to an order of criminal forfeiture under this section is assigned or transferred and division (B)(2) or (3) of section 4503.234 of the Revised Code applies, the court, in addition to any other sanctions, may fine the offender the value of the vehicle as determined by publications of the national auto dealers association. The proceeds of any fine so imposed shall be distributed in accordance with division (C)(2) of that section.

Sec. 4511.253. Every retailer who sells at retail nitrous oxide shall conspicuously post a sign that contains the following language: "Street racing on the public roads, streets, and highways of Ohio is illegal and punishable by a fine, a jail term or prison term, suspension of a person's driver's or commercial driver's license, and criminal forfeiture of any vehicle involved in a street race. Violators of Ohio's prohibition on street racing are subject to increased penalties if the motor vehicle operated by the individual in an illegal street race is enhanced by the use of nitrous oxide." The sign shall be of sufficient size to be clearly legible to a person of normal vision. The department of public safety shall make the sign available at no charge on its internet web site.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio Empty Re: Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio

Post by RebStew December 11th 2009, 6:15 am

For the ones that don't get this and think racing have left the street you are wrong. Anyone want to go over in down town Cincy next spring to see this stuff is more than welcome to ride with me. It's just like you see in the movies. Not like we did it. But a ton of people. There is even a street racing forum where they talk about who's racing who for what and when they will do it so you can watch. I know of a few guys in Ky that are into but they go across the river because that is where the action is now.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio Empty Re: Strict street racing laws coming for Ohio

Post by 4x4fab.com December 12th 2009, 2:18 am

Two things they wont ever take from me, my guns and my hot rod's......Nah really though, I'm not into racing the streets and never have. I know some people who are though. It sucks they are takin it this far. I hate the stupid laws, but this one may actually be worth while. If one these ricers hit me or my wife with the kids in the car, I'd kill em'. Same goes for a drunk driver......

4x4fab.com
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 4x4fab.com December 12th 2009, 2:21 am

Well I do think it's stupid that they could take my car if I had a bottle.

4x4fab.com
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 12th 2009, 2:26 am

I agree that something should be done about the street racers now a days. What I have a problem with is they could use that law on legal hot rodders. They can write you up for any modified part you have on your ride if they think it could be use to enhance the performance of your vehicle for racing.. Flows, street scoops or cheater slicks. Alot of us run these things but don't blast down the main street any more. I think they should justy enforce what they have. Street racing laws are pretty bad now. They just need to enforce them.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 12th 2009, 4:01 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

RICO ACT! Guilt by association, nothing new, been going on for years.. This goes to show you, don't be reactive, be proactive, and get out there and vote! Learn what YOUR government is doing to you not for you!

I see a trend here! No wonder you guys don't wanna go to BOWLING GREEN with us....[b]

INCHES GET THE LADIES, BOTTLES FOR THE BABIES.... (I got niether....lol) lol!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 12th 2009, 6:22 am

This started in Ontario Canada about 3 years ago because street racing is bad up there.....It is posted on the side of the highways "50 miles over the posted limit results in roadside siezure of vehicle and license" that means the officer is Judge and Jury...no questions. Looks like its makin its way south of the border. The Goverment taken fun outta everything Evil or Very Mad
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 12th 2009, 1:56 pm

The OPP was tough back in the late 60's when we would go up there to the races. We would go to Toronto down the 401 (I beleve) and the Patrol up there was really rough. At least on people with US tags.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 13th 2009, 1:13 am

Mr. Fabulous wrote:The OPP was tough back in the late 60's when we would go up there to the races. We would go to Toronto down the 401 (I beleve) and the Patrol up there was really rough. At least on people with US tags.
I got stopped for running 94 mph in the far hammer lane across the 401 around London. The female OPP ask me where the fire was and why was i in a restricted lane (No trucks are allowed in the far left lane up there where its six lane devided). I told her i was just passing the cars holding up the middle lane Very Happy and the posted speed limit was 100 and i was only doin 94 (playin dumb because i knew 100kph meant 60 mph).....She gave me 110 dollar fine and told me to stay outta the left lane...... Very Happy

Last edited by magicman_1968 on December 13th 2009, 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 December 13th 2009, 4:26 am

Man that's rollin isn't?
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 December 13th 2009, 4:49 am

FalconEddie1964 wrote:Man that's rollin isn't?
Cummins 565hp,18-speed double over 3.42 rears with tall rubber Twisted Evil .......115 mph+ truck Very Happy .....Im not the truck you hate to get stuck behind on the road,im the one that you get behind when you are ready to ride Very Happy ....Im the front door most of the time unless im on the phone then i back it down and let another large car outlaw lead the way Very Happy .....like i said i love Truckin....its a life style that only some can understand and live with....for the guys that do it with the attitude like its just a job,they are never happy with it.....There is alot of crap to deal with sometimes but look at all the fun cheers ...KEEP ON TRUCKIN cheers cheers
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis December 13th 2009, 6:40 am

It won't stop at the bottle either. Next thing will be turbo and SC. I lived in Virginia for almost two years. Everything is illegal there. Our cars...way out. We'd have to have historic tags on them and they take the historic thing very serious...if caught not going to a club event or show...big fine and they can take your tags. Turing any daily driver hot rod/rat rod into a trailer queen.

Newer vehicles. HAVE TO BE 100% STOCK! No louder exhaust, can't be lowered or raised. No aftermarket lights used on the street. Tenting can only be very very light. No engine mods. So if you want a car with a SC and a Borla exhaust...better find a car that comes that way from the factory if you are living in VA.

A guy's brother I worked with had his car on bags. He was rolling down the street and was getting ready to pull into a parking lot. Didn't see any police around so he thought he be cute and bump the car down. He missed the cop on the bicycle. He got pulled over. Got a huge ticket and the cop took the plates off the car right there on the side of the street.

I don't want to get political here so please don't think I'm trying to start anything, but no matter what your stand is from one issue to the other, no matter who you did or didnt vote for, we must wake up and realize that our freedoms are being threatened...What our founding Father's wanted for this county is slowly slipping away. Please take the time to read...do your research...and don't trust what you hear on the surface without looking into it yourself.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 28th 2009, 7:22 am

There have been a few of us talking about these new laws. I said before we need to enforce what we have on the books now. This video shows what I mean. I'm not preaching and we have all done it but I said it tonight to Joe about how we ran 15 to 20 years ago. There is just no safe way to run over 130 MPH on the open highway anymore. Too much traffic. It would only take a blink of an eye to kill 2 or 3 car loads of people now a days. The highways are full. This guy should have went to lock up and car impounded.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down