{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon

Go down

1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon Empty 1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon

Post by fredtheprophet November 3rd 2009, 12:19 am

'72 AMC Hornet Sportabout wagon. 232 I6, automatic, good heat, no air. AMC AM radio comes with it, no working radio in it.

I've been driving it to work for 3 months and it's been dependable. smokes when first started after sitting but it clears up, I haven't put any additives in it yet. I put it new rear wheel cylinders, it still needs tires and exhaust work. The inner rockers are rusty, drivers door has rust through at the bottom, floors have some rust, it's an old repaint to original color. I have a ton of the old paperwork, window sticker, guidebooks.

$1000, will trade, I've had my fun with it and I'm moving on to a different project

1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon DSC04182

1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon DSC03435

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon Empty Re: 1972 AMC Hornet sport wagon

Post by fredtheprophet April 19th 2010, 5:49 am

I still have this. I stopped driving it last fall when it stalled out on me. I got it out again last week and found out it was as simple as the choke being stuck. I killed the battery trying to start it on old gas but it shouldnt be too tough to get on the road again.

$700

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down