{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by jbs10 May 19th 2011, 8:31 pm

well gettig any thing done or u a sleep on the porch
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew May 19th 2011, 9:34 pm

I got the other hood cut out. That's about it. I have a meeting tonight so no work and have stuff to do all weekend. I may be able to get a couple hours in Friday night. We will see.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 29th 2011, 6:31 am

I spent about 4 hours on the Bird this morning. Yanked the nose and left fender back off. I adjusted the door better than it was. Still not what I would consider perfect but I think it's as close as I can get it. I spent some time with a hammer and dolly on a couple spots where the door didn't meet up with the 1/4. Those door are too heavy to adjust with one person. It took me forever to get it where it is now.

I also took most of the lacquer paint off from around most of the roof where I sprayed it. That wasn't fun either. It would clog the sand paper up in no time. After too many pieces of paper I grabbed the lacquer reducer and few rags and soaked it down and wiped it off. I was going to go lacquer on the entire car. After dealing with this small spot I'm glad I didn't.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 June 29th 2011, 6:41 am

just paint it and shut up.........
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 June 29th 2011, 2:18 pm

Yea......... lol!
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 29th 2011, 4:02 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:Yea......... lol!
jbs10 wrote:just paint it and shut up.........

You don't paint rat rods! Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 July 13th 2011, 11:08 pm

green...green ........green........green......the green machine...the green hornt...green kolbln....??????? green. green. just paint it.green....oh did i say i like the green.......him hes the guy with the green car........ afro
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2011, 11:12 pm

Laughing You are crazy! I didn't even make it the door yet and you post that. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2011, 11:23 pm

jbs10 wrote:green...green ........green........green......the green machine...the green hornt...green kolbln....??????? green. green. just paint it.green....oh did i say i like the green.......him hes the guy with the green car........ afro
Does this look like the color we looked at? It looks close. I'm not too sure if I like it. Question
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 Dsssd
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 2010SynergyGreenCamaro006
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 July 13th 2011, 11:27 pm

no the top one is more like gleen car. but bootom aint far off
iwas trying to see if the pint place has a web site but cant find it..elite
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2011, 11:30 pm

Here that Honda color I was talking about. It looks more like this I think.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 Honda-del-sol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2011, 11:31 pm

jbs10 wrote:no the top one is more like gleen car. but bootom aint far off
iwas trying to see if the pint place has a web site but cant find it..elite
KOI brand is what that guy told me. I'm not sure who's mixing it for them though.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 14th 2011, 12:34 am

green or purple ... aha idk -Sami
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 July 14th 2011, 12:37 am

Their can't be two purple bird's around here everybody will think there in. A bad rerun of up. Lol
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl July 14th 2011, 1:19 am

i wanted it purple cause its my favorite color but idk . Uncle Johnny had to start with the green and got me confused !!!
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 July 14th 2011, 1:30 am

yeh blame..me
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 14th 2011, 2:27 am

I'd go green!! Just saying.. Way to go Johnny. Jk I think it'll look good green! alien
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl July 14th 2011, 3:25 am

GREEN
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 6:21 am

Black it is then....
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:22 pm

I ripped the front end back off the 'Bird to do some work. I figured the best way to get the body work done was one panel at a time. Adjustinging these door with one person is nuts. I have too much time in getting it where I want it but at least it's done. The door lines are better than they have ever been.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:25 pm

With the 4th of July weekend going on I didn't get too much done. 3rd of July was a little scary around here! This car cought on fire on me years ago. It was a mess. Most people would have junked it and washed their hands of it but I couldn't. I put it back together. That was 16 years ago.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:31 pm

July 3rd I was out like a light! Sleeping good. As some know my house is like Fort Knox. If someone just walks in my yard I know. Through my slepp I hear the alarm chime for the yard. Amy was up and I ask who was in the yard? She's says it's the police. I was so out of it that it didn't register. Then someone starts beating on the front door. I yell through the house again and ask who's at the door? Amy yells it's the police! It hits me and I jump up. When I open the door a Newport cop says "Steve it looks like someone piled some stuff up against your garage and set it on fire." Shocked
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:43 pm

I go into crazy mode. The 'Bird is in the garage. I could care less if the garage burns to the ground as long as my car is not in it. I yell at Amy to turn the water hose on as I'm getting my clothes on. As I tie my shoe Amy runs back in and yells that I better hurry. The flame where shooting over my privacy fence in the back. Now that's not too bad untill you consider that there is a 4 foot wall that the fence sits on. So the flame licks where over 9' tall at least. When I yank the garage door open smoke pours out. I left the light off and started looking in the roof. I couldn't see any flames. I turn the light on and run to the garage door to open it. When I put my hand on the garage door it was so hot that you couldn't keep your hand there. This is on the side where the car is. I thought someone put stuff right in front of the door. I wouldn't open it and ran back out. I ran through the next yard and into the alley where I was greated by Newport Fire Dept and a hose running all the way from Isabella St. Almost as soon as they hit the big hose to the fire it was out. They shot water on my roof and overhangs where the fire was licking my roof. Checked out my garage for a little bit to make sure nothing was burning before having to rework the hose all the way back up to the next street.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:46 pm

It ended up being a big Rumpke Garbage can that was full of stuff and someone set it on fire. By the heat off the door I know if that can was sitting another foot closer to my garage that it may have been bad news.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 004-13
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 003-12
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2011, 5:55 pm

The can fire was enough to freak me out. I was shooting water from my hose into my roof on the inside just to make sure there wasn't a chance of a little glow turning into a huge fire in my roof.

Stripped most of the nasty primer job off.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 007-9

A few days later I started on the door. Block sanding, block sanding and more block sanding.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 14 018-13

Last edited by RebStew on July 14th 2011, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next